ADVERTISEMENT

We Can Still Win 8+ Games and the Coastal

I see 8-9 wins. We can beat Delaware, BC, Syracuse, duke, and GT. Toss up unc and VT. Lose to Miami. 8-4/9-3 isn’t crazy once we get some ground game and play lesser defenses. I think the goal line calls were awful. But we are the 3rd-4th best ACC team right now.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I’m skeptical of that ranking as I suspect a lot of us are. Stating the obvious but we’ll know a little more about the Nitters after some conference games.

I think Pitt may be a little better than I thought and Penn State not as good as I thought. But we shall see.
Pitt played well but they didn't play the 13th ranked team in the nation.
Nitters are more like a 23 or 24 team maybe.

It was a great game we should have won.

Buffett Football Basics - When on the one run.

That was the toughest game we will have on the schedule. Playing on the road. Pickett showed a lot of moxy, the Punter was tremendous, and the defense basically shut down a good offense.

Either you are a Pitt Panther or not. Stop f'in whining like a beyotch and support the program.
I suspect UCF is a better team than PSU. Certainly a more difficult matchup for our defense. They have a truly dynamic O.

BTW, fans only talk about how great the punter performed after a loss.

I suspect UCF is a better team than PSU. Certainly a more difficult matchup for our defense. They have a truly dynamic O.

BTW, fans only talk about how great the punter performed after a loss.
I know you like to focus on the negative in general, and MSU choked at the end as well so you are even more negative than usual. But I am happy for the kid redeeming himself. It is okay to acknowledge players who did a good job.

I know you like to focus on the negative in general, and MSU choked at the end as well so you are even more negative than usual. But I am happy for the kid redeeming himself. It is okay to acknowledge players who did a good job.
Christodoulou did a very nice job yesterday, probably as good as any punter could have. Unfortunately every opportunity he gets to do his job necessarily means the offense failed at its job. Nobody even knows who the punters and kickers are on the best offensive teams.

As for MSU, they’re kind of like Pitt right now-an excellent defensive team but one of the most ineffective offensive teams in the country. Why? Major O line injuries and deficiencies, poor RB play, an unimaginative offensive scheme and an inconsistent QB who doesn’t make enough plays to win games for his team.

If you coach scared, play not to lose, and you leave it to your kicker to decide the game for you because you can’t get in the end zone for 4 quarters, you deserve to lose.

Christodoulou did a very nice job yesterday, probably as good as any punter could have. Unfortunately every opportunity he gets to do his job necessarily means the offense failed at its job. Nobody even knows who the punters and kickers are on the best offensive teams.

As for MSU, they’re kind of like Pitt right now-an excellent defensive team but one of the most ineffective offensive teams in the country. Why? Major O line injuries and deficiencies, poor RB play, an unimaginative offensive scheme and an inconsistent QB who doesn’t make enough plays to win games for his team.

If you coach scared, play not to lose, and you leave it to your kicker to decide the game for you because you can’t get in the end zone for 4 quarters, you deserve to lose.
What is interesting is that he went for it in tougher situations earlier in the game. Then gagged in that one.

That was the toughest game we will have on the schedule. Playing on the road. Pickett showed a lot of moxy, the Punter was tremendous, and the defense basically shut down a good offense.

Either you are a Pitt Panther or not. Stop f'in whining like a beyotch and support the program.

Sorry didn’t see ur post before I made a similar post that we have a chance to win 8 games. After a likely UCF loss I think we have a chance to go 7-1 over the final 8.

As regards knowledge of O Narduzzi and Dantonio definitely apples from the same tree

Dantonio is a really good head coach. One of the best. Narduzzi can’t make the same claim.
. Never liked him... always thought his teams played bland, typical, traditional Big pretend offense....never thought he would get MSU to be much more than a fringe top 25 team which is pretty much their ceiling.

Lewerke got what I thought was a mostly undeserved pass last year while playing through some minor injuries. He looks like the same QB to me this year without the excuses, mediocre at best and easily one of the bottom QB’s in the conference. They won’t be able to beat anyone above their talent level with him in there.

Dantonio a very good coach, but they literally crapped the bed at the end of the game yesterday and it’s on him. No excuse for the way that played out.

Lewerke got what I thought was a mostly undeserved pass last year while playing through some minor injuries. He looks like the same QB to me this year without the excuses, mediocre at best and easily one of the bottom QB’s in the conference. They won’t be able to beat anyone above their talent level with him in there.

Dantonio a very good coach, but they literally crapped the bed at the end of the game yesterday and it’s on him. No excuse for the way that played out.
Agree with all of that.

Very uncharacteristic of his tenure there.

Agree with all of that.

Very uncharacteristic of his tenure there.

It seemed ridiculous because it was so surprising with that coaching staff. You can’t get on them that much because it was such a rare event. Loss probably won’t affect their bowl position all that much either.

. Never liked him... always thought his teams played bland, typical, traditional Big pretend offense....never thought he would get MSU to be much more than a fringe top 25 team which is pretty much their ceiling.
Really?

You might want to take a look at their final rankings over the Dantonio era. I count 4 top 10s, 3 top 6s, 3 conference championships and a CFP appearance. He went 11-1 with a B10 championship in his 4th year at MSU. During that time he has absolutely owned “big brother”down the road and the 3 different head coaches they’ve burned through in the process. He also handed Urban Meyer 2 of his 4 total B10 losses and came within 1 point of beating him 2 more times.

Other than that, your take is spot on and well-informed as usual.

Maybe someday Pitt can have a coach that sucks that bad. Ain’t gonna be this one, that much is pretty obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT