Oct 25, 2021
1) Yellow Pants - Blue Jersey - Yellow Helmet
2) Yellow Pants - White Jersey - Yellow helmet
3) Blue Pants - Blue Jersey - Yellow Helmet
4) Blue Pants - White Jersey - Yellow Helmet

I ask ye Lairmen:

A) Which is the best?

B) Which is the worst?

And, as an optional bonus question (since I don't think uniforms have ever been discussed before on this board), is there anything else you would like to see?

Haven’t we worn white pants/white jersey with the updated unis? Or no?

Haven’t we worn white pants/white jersey with the updated unis? Or no?

I don't believe we've worn white pants with any royal blue/whatever-the-hell-the-current-gold-is-called combination. Though I think a picture of the "Icy Whites" did leak around the time we were recruiting Fearbry.

i dont hate these by any stretch but if i had to pick the worst combo, i'd go with this.

NCAA Football: Pittsburgh at Western Michigan

i dont hate these by any stretch but if i had to pick the worst combo, i'd go with this.

My dad is so negative it's unbelievable. I remember going to the VT game with him in 2021, which was the first time we busted those out (blue road pants). As soon as we got in the stadium, my dad looks at the field and starts flipping out. "He's an idiot!" He being Narduzzi. His complaint was basically that we were 5-1 so we shouldn't try and get fancy with new uniform combinations, lol.

He used to embarrass me so much at games. "He leaves these 4 and 5-stars on the bench and plays these bums!" Lol, like Pitt has 5-stars just chilling on the bench. Now, it's mostly just him screaming that they need to throw to the tight end at least 25 times/game that is embarrassing. Though I think everyone around us just expects it now.

This is pretty much how I feel it. Home and away uniforms = great. I actually like the all-blue look as well. Just don’t care for the white jerseys and blue pants.

I like when the shade of blue looks darker like this.

1228601471.jpg.0.jpg
i agree. although i liked the uni change from those awful ones, i always thought this blue was too light or "Smurfish." i like the more royal blue. people said it was just the lighting but this was def a different blue.

R.ffd784eff9f3eae6872964fd47272636

I like when the shade of blue looks darker like this.

1228601471.jpg.0.jpg
I'm torn, because I do like that... but I would want it to be with a little more orangey/darker shade of gold.

But then another part of me digs these, where the blue in this reflection damn near looks like UCLA:

CuQhqcEXEAAcnzI.jpg
i agree. although i liked the uni change from those awful ones, i always thought this blue was too light or "Smurfish." i like the more royal blue. people said it was just the lighting but this was def a different blue.

R.ffd784eff9f3eae6872964fd47272636
So what you’re saying is that we need to return to these colors:
Pitt-Panthers-Dan-Marino-1982-1.jpg

#1 is the best, but the important thing here is that we have the identifiable Script logo and the yellow helmet every time. And the differnt combos are using the same colors. And they are nice.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

I ask ye Lairmen:

A) Which is the best?

B) Which is the worst?

And, as an optional bonus question (since I don't think uniforms have ever been discussed before on this board), is there anything else you would like to see?
I like 2 best and 3 the least.

I ask ye Lairmen:

A) Which is the best?

B) Which is the worst?

1 is best.

I ask ye Lairmen:

A) Which is the best?

B) Which is the worst?

Why not edit this to make it a poll?

I like 1 first, and 2 second.

There are only two choices. Both involve gold pants. Anything else is wrong.

I'd rank them exactly in the order you listed them. I will say I really like our road yellow-white-yellows, they're almost a 1b rather than 2.

I'm a traditionalist so 1 and 2 fir me. However, the blue on blue began to grow on me as the game wore on. The opposite is true of the silly number font and stripe designs. I liked it at the reveal party but I've slowly grown to find it......well.......silly and arena football-esque.

Those photos of the year they broke out the throwbacks full-time (16'?) breaks my heart. Those were tremendous. The resulting media frenzy from all over the country just spoke to how utterly stupid the midnigh-vegas era was.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Blue Helmets sometime.
When teams start mixing and matching, they start worrying what they are gonna wear and not on the task at hand.
When you know you only have 2 incredible options, you only think about the game.
Don't tell me players are not superstitious. We lost in those colors last time, not this time....
and besides all the best teams have had the same uniforms for decades.

Reactions: Burgh15
So horrible. Someone deserved an a$$ whoopin for that one.
Lol. I emailed Jeff Long after that game telling him I didn't like the uniforms and also ask why we didn't return to the script logo. To my surprise he responded to my email, though the response seemed to be treading the lines of University politics. I replied with a longer email that gave my thoughts on each of the points he made, but he didn't respond to my return email.

I gotta say... I want alllll the phat uniform combos. White pants, yellow jerseys, blue matte helmets, and a weekly Friday uniform reveal would be a good start.

And I actually don't love the yellow we currently have but also don't want to return to mustard. It's just not pretty, to me. It reminds me of the annual "puke egg" my cousin and I used to dye every Easter.

Also, and I've said this before.... for as hideous as our 2016 uniforms were (well, the ones we unveiled in 2016), this particular combination was actually really nice.

S_What-are-the-Odds_-Pitt-Georgia-Tech_TNS-900x612.jpg

I think GT 2017 is the only time we ever wore it.

Also, and I've said this before.... for as hideous as our 2016 uniforms were (well, the ones we unveiled in 2016), this particular combination was actually really nice.

S_What-are-the-Odds_-Pitt-Georgia-Tech_TNS-900x612.jpg

I think GT 2017 is the only time we ever wore it.
i still cant believe they unveiled that atrocity. just amazing how truly hideous those uniforms were.

Reactions: Burgh15
i still cant believe they unveiled that atrocity. just amazing how truly hideous those uniforms were.

That was one of the Pittest things Pitt has done and is the perfect microcosm of what the program was over several decades. EVERYONE know what needed to be done, except the dipshits in chage. So we get an almost as bad as dinocat uniform design.

Yellow pants, blue jersey, yellow helmet for home games, blue pants, white jersey and yellow helmet for away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT