ADVERTISEMENT

We not me article

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/05/01/returning-pitt-defensive-leaders-embody-we-not-me-motto/

Don’t always agree with the PSN guys but think this is a good read. No one is against the diva WR or others making NIL money. But when it was reported by multiple National reporters that Pitt matched the offer and pulled out all the stops with AD, Fitz, etc., then it shows the lack of character and what a true diva this kid has turned into.

We know the taxes are higher in CA, the weather is nicer (most of the time), USC has better looking ladies etc. But I don’t want to hear excuses about having a new OC, quarterback, etc. Guess what…he will have a new OC, quarterback and all new teammates at his next stop. We have a damn good team returning and he would have continued to be the top option.

Going to USC the kid will make a fortune, but if he stayed at Pitt he would have continued to be the man and make a fortune as well.

Pitt is going to have another big year, I actually hope USC does as well and we meet them in a bowl game. Guarantee the diva WR would sit out even if it was for the NC because our D would knock the kid in to next week.

Make no mistake about it, he is damn good and a major loss. But I wouldn’t underestimate the talent we have on this team and how these guys want to win for each other. Let’s support the true Pitt men who want to be a part of this program.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/05/01/returning-pitt-defensive-leaders-embody-we-not-me-motto/

Don’t always agree with the PSN guys but think this is a good read. No one is against the diva WR or others making NIL money. But when it was reported by multiple National reporters that Pitt matched the offer and pulled out all the stops with AD, Fitz, etc., then it shows the lack of character and what a true diva this kid has turned into.

We know the taxes are higher in CA, the weather is nicer (most of the time), USC has better looking ladies etc. But I don’t want to hear excuses about having a new OC, quarterback, etc. Guess what…he will have a new OC, quarterback and all new teammates at his next stop. We have a damn good team returning and he would have continued to be the top option.

Going to USC the kid will make a fortune, but if he stayed at Pitt he would have continued to be the man and make a fortune as well.

Pitt is going to have another big year, I actually hope USC does as well and we meet them in a bowl game. Guarantee the diva WR would sit out even if it was for the NC because our D would knock the kid in to next week.

Make no mistake about it, he is damn good and a major loss. But I wouldn’t underestimate the talent we have on this team and how these guys want to win for each other. Let’s support the true Pitt men who want to be a part of this program.
Well said and I agree with everything except the part about USC doing well. I will be rooting against any Lincoln Riley coached team.

Next man up. We have the weapons and Addison isn't a make or break player when we have the WR's we have. All this does is show his lack of character and selfishness. Sorry, but I don't want that on a Pitt team, no matter how good everyone thinks he is.

Well said and I agree with everything except the part about USC doing well. I will be rooting against any Lincoln Riley coached team.
I agree with you as Riley is scum. You are right as I hope they suck. But I know the guys on our D would love to face the diva one time. Morgan, Kancey, Dennis, Hill etc would be foaming at the mouth. The Diva would sh!t his pants if he had to face these guys.

Next man up. We have the weapons and Addison isn't a make or break player when we have the WR's we have. All this does is show his lack of character and selfishness. Sorry, but I don't want that on a Pitt team, no matter how good everyone thinks he is.
No doubt he lacks character and is selfish especially with Pitt willing to pay a fortune.

Mumpfield and Wayne will start, I wonder who the 3rd guy will be? I wouldn’t count out Barden and his speed, if he can stay healthy he can stretch the field with his career average of 20 yards per catch. Bradley will be improved and the transfer kid seems to have talent.

He’s a 19-20 year old kid who was instrumental helping Pitt win the ACC Championship. Yet, you are comfortable belittling him as a Diva. Why did you put that label on him after all he did for Pitt for free?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
They were 4-8?…I see 6-6… possibly 5-7. Buying a lego land team with zero chemistry. USC obviously has zero faith in ability to recruit based on their own name and just cheats and steals…. I wish them 4-8… but they’ll probably get 6-6.

Pitt matched the offer he was getting and he left anyway. Trust me Pitt fans will not forget and when he is done playing he will not have his banner up in Heinz.
I’m not sure why this matters? He did best for himself and his family after, presumably, doing his own due diligence. A “banner” at Heinz filed doesn’t put food on the table. Look. It’s a new world after Alston. All will be good.

Not need to respond to the troll, he’s not a Pitt fan and if he is he’s not a very bright one. Look at his posting history with posts such as Start Yellen and bench Kenny, Fire PN, etc. 🤦‍♂️
I’m a Pitt Alum and fan. All good. Kids on academic scholarship can transfer anytime for whatever or no reason. Why do you believe kids on athletic scholarship should be treated differently?

It’s funny how grown men call a 20 year old kid silly names,and question his character when he makes a business decision to set himself up finically.Probably the same guy who’s 30 year old is still living at home and paying their phone,car and health insurance

Reactions: APanther
It’s funny how grown men call a 20 year old kid silly names,and question his character when he makes a business decision to set himself up finically.Probably the same guy who’s 30 year old is still living at home and paying their phone,car and health insurance
Perhaps. It is odd, as you point out.

Why is the tag “Diva” relevant?
It’s not. At all. Some are just tantruming as I guess that makes them feel better. They don’t realize they’re no better than the fans they make fun of. Like if a kid is considering PSU and Pitt and comes to Pitt. Then PSU fans say their offer wasn’t commitable. Fans do/say whatever makes them feel better.

Reactions: APanther
MYbe he made a great decision and maybe it was a horrendous choice. Their QB wasn’t good last year. I think he was beat out by a frosh and then transferred for playing time. If he has a bad year at USC, he could lose that 2.5 mil before taxes quickly. We have seen many this year that were projected early and end up 2/3 round after having a down year. They will attribute his one good year to Kenny

MYbe he made a great decision and maybe it was a horrendous choice. Their QB wasn’t good last year. I think he was beat out by a frosh and then transferred for playing time. If he has a bad year at USC, he could lose that 2.5 mil before taxes quickly. We have seen many this year that were projected early and end up 2/3 round after having a down year. They will attribute his one good year to Kenny

What QB are you referring to? The starting OU QB came to USC with Riley.

No doubt he lacks character and is selfish especially with Pitt willing to pay a fortune.

Mumpfield and Wayne will start, I wonder who the 3rd guy will be? I wouldn’t count out Barden and his speed, if he can stay healthy he can stretch the field with his career average of 20 yards per catch. Bradley will be improved and the transfer kid seems to have talent.
Don't forget about the freshman from Texas coming in he's quite a speedster another potential weapon

Reactions: 4upmc
These situations are funny in the people who feel they have to triple down on wishing the individual well. It’s sports. It isn’t actual life. Nobody wants the guy to contact colon cancer. But we’re well within appropriate response to hope the guy is a failure there. The guy just flipped the double bird to the school and team we support. It’s within the range of acceptability to flip it back.

There is only 1 fanbase that can't

Thank you for your concern! He is a diva!

71CuojDHEhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

These situations are funny in the people who feel they have to triple down on wishing the individual well. It’s sports. It isn’t actual life. Nobody wants the guy to contact colon cancer. But we’re well within appropriate response to hope the guy is a failure there. The guy just flipped the double bird to the school and team we support. It’s within the range of acceptability to flip it back.
Bingo, no one wishes that he gets sick. The majority of players that transfer from Pitt are due to PT. And almost every time most Pitt fans wish the player well and they typically thank Pitt for the opportunity. This paid pro athlete (Pitt was willing to make him rich as well) said F U to Pitt and it’s fans. When this happens in the pros the players are fair game. Guess what ? This kid is a pro now.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Bingo, no one wishes that he gets sick. The majority of players that transfer from Pitt are due to PT. And almost every time most Pitt fans wish the player well and they typically thank Pitt for the opportunity. This paid pro athlete (Pitt was willing to make him rich as well) said F U to Pitt and it’s fans. When this happens in the pros the players are fair game. Guess what ? This kid is a pro now.
No one is questioning your right to “disparage” a 19 year old who played by the rules and benefitted himself and his family. For many of us, based on your comments, it’s about the wisdom of so doing. Do you get the distinction?

Not everyone feels the need to play the white knight such as yourself, man. Are some taking it a bit too far, certainly. But it’s a message board and your continuous attempted situation comparisons are really poor.

No one is questioning your right to “disparage” a 19 year old who played by the rules and benefitted himself and his family. For many of us, based on your comments, it’s about the wisdom of so doing. Do you get the distinction?
I guess we’ll ultimately see if he played by the “rules” or not. If any exist.

Regardless, It’s still quite weird to choose to troll a free Pitt message board on a Sunday.

What, do you believe, evidences Addison’s “lack of character.” Haven’t heard such a disparagement about him before. What u know and how you know it? Do tell.

I think Jordan’s GF’s feelings are hurt as she keeps coming to his defense lol. Go to the USC board.

Reactions: pittmeister

Well you better load up and send a truck load over to the Panthers locker room.

“The fact that officials at Pitt were able to do this and Addison still decided to bolt can’t be going over well in the Panther locker room and no doubt some hard feelings have to exist.”

I personally don’t give a sh*t whether he stays or goes. It won’t alter my life or my support for Pitt one iota. But the reality is, there will be hard feelings by fans, players and alumni. If you want to label them as being “butt-hurt”, then so be it…

Well you better load up and send a truck load over to the Panthers locker room.

“The fact that officials at Pitt were able to do this and Addison still decided to bolt can’t be going over well in the Panther locker room and no doubt some hard feelings have to exist.”

I personally don’t give a sh*t whether he stays or goes. It won’t alter my life or my support for Pitt one iota. But the reality is, there will be hard feelings by fans, players and alumni. If you want to label them as being “butt-hurt”, then so be it…
Well the butthurt comment was strictly because of the diva stuff. No more no less. Him leaving doesn’t make him a diva even if Pitt was able to match.

Of course there will be hard feelings. I don’t think anyone dumb enough to think otherwise.

Reactions: Schaef60
this is a 9 win usc team...at best. addison wont crack 1k yardd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT