ADVERTISEMENT

We not me article

When this first surfaced, one of my initial thoughts was, dam, two million… can you imagine the kind of offers Fitzgerald, or even a Antonio Bryant, would have generated. Addison is obviously good, outstanding even. But more along the lines of Tyler Boyd quality (whom I felt didn’t get enough due, whereas I was truly surprised Addison did…Alabama and Ohio State hurt themselves having multiple outstanding receivers…some may have canceled each other out ).

Addison is a loss, at least for the propaganda gain for Pitt’s enemies than the actual play on the field. The latter part was going to be an unknown with the new QB and OC. But the PR pain right now is certainly real.

No one is questioning your right to “disparage” a 19 year old who played by the rules and benefitted himself and his family. For many of us, based on your comments, it’s about the wisdom of so doing. Do you get the distinction?
It's a selfish action that benefitted him and his fam. We can agree on that. The wisdom of doing so is debatable and based on future outcomes and what someone values in life.

So, if you were in his shoes at 19, you would have passed on the $2million from USC?

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/05/01/returning-pitt-defensive-leaders-embody-we-not-me-motto/

Don’t always agree with the PSN guys but think this is a good read. No one is against the diva WR or others making NIL money. But when it was reported by multiple National reporters that Pitt matched the offer and pulled out all the stops with AD, Fitz, etc., then it shows the lack of character and what a true diva this kid has turned into.

We know the taxes are higher in CA, the weather is nicer (most of the time), USC has better looking ladies etc. But I don’t want to hear excuses about having a new OC, quarterback, etc. Guess what…he will have a new OC, quarterback and all new teammates at his next stop. We have a damn good team returning and he would have continued to be the top option.

Going to USC the kid will make a fortune, but if he stayed at Pitt he would have continued to be the man and make a fortune as well.

Pitt is going to have another big year, I actually hope USC does as well and we meet them in a bowl game. Guarantee the diva WR would sit out even if it was for the NC because our D would knock the kid in to next week.

Make no mistake about it, he is damn good and a major loss. But I wouldn’t underestimate the talent we have on this team and how these guys want to win for each other. Let’s support the true Pitt men who want to be a part of this program.
Rumor I was told this weekend was he just didn't like Pgh.

It happens.

Time to move on.

Pitt matched the 2 mil offer, so the answer would be no on my end. I would not leave the bond I had with my teammates.
It's $3 million and a house in Southern California.

We don't know his situation.

If you want to be mad, be mad at USC and the NCAA.

Reactions: BPKY
Rumor I was told this weekend was he just didn't like Pgh.

It happens.

Time to move on.
The kid had 7-8 months left to live in Pittsburgh and his home was a 3 hour drive or so away. If he was that miserable, then why didn’t he put his name in the Portal and leave a few months ago? It was all about the Benjamin’s.

Reactions: pittmeister
The kid had 7-8 months left to live in Pittsburgh and his home was a 3 hour drive or so away. If he was that miserable, then why didn’t he put his name in the Portal and leave a few months ago? It was all about the Benjamin’s.
What if WHERE he went was about the $$$, not the why?

Who cares? Go after USC and the NCAA.

So, if you were in his shoes at 19, you would have passed on the $2million from USC?
I'm not in his shoes and I'm not him. Offered even half of what is rumored I'd stick with the dudes who got me this far. Frankly, I'd probably buy them all something nice and take them to dinner.

But, I don't concern myself with fancy cars, shoes, clothing or shades. An extra million pretax isn't shit in the grand scheme for him.

He’s a 19-20 year old kid who was instrumental helping Pitt win the ACC Championship. Yet, you are comfortable belittling him as a Diva. Why did you put that label on him after all he did for Pitt for free?

His character issues are entirely separate from what he did for Pitt as a receiver. No matter how you cut it, the kid has some serious character flaws. Maybe he'll be good at USC, maybe he won't. It doesn't matter at this point. We move forward with what we have, which is more than Addison, and win games.

What, do you believe, evidences Addison’s “lack of character.” Haven’t heard such a disparagement about him before. What u know and how you know it? Do tell.

LOL! Just look at his latest actions. That right there is enough evidence of his lack of character. 'Nuf said.

Bingo, no one wishes that he gets sick. The majority of players that transfer from Pitt are due to PT. And almost every time most Pitt fans wish the player well and they typically thank Pitt for the opportunity. This paid pro athlete (Pitt was willing to make him rich as well) said F U to Pitt and it’s fans. When this happens in the pros the players are fair game. Guess what ? This kid is a pro now.

Exactly. He's a pro athlete and he deserves any and all of the criticism and hate directed toward him. If he does crap like this, he better have thick skin. I think he's a big boy, correct? Or maybe not.

LOL! Just look at his latest actions. That right there is enough evidence of his lack of character. 'Nuf said.
That he took more money to play at another school? It’s what the law allows. If legal, that doesn’t evidence “lack of character.” You got anything else?

Let's clear the record: Those of you who are defending the diva what's his name are not true Pitt fans and simply trolls. My advice is to GET A LIFE and beat it!

That he took more money to play at another school? It’s what the law allows. If legal, that doesn’t evidence “lack of character.” You got anything else?

I just said why. If you can't read, that's on you. This isn't about the law or legalities. It's about actions and character. Laws are seldom ethical. You got anything else?

He’s a 19-20 year old kid who was instrumental helping Pitt win the ACC Championship. Yet, you are comfortable belittling him as a Diva. Why did you put that label on him after all he did for Pitt for free?
He is a diva. He is not a kid. He is a professional as of now. Eff him. I hope he suffers a severe injury
Ummm. If I was given the same amount from a team that I made a commitment to. Yes! Are you a piece of crap? Honor your commitments. I would never ever let my kid step away from a commitment they made. And yes, I have forced my kids to honor their commitments. It's called bring an adult. And once he left here for money, he became a professional. All bets are off. I hope he has a career ending injury. Obviously, there is no honorable adult in his life. He's a piece of crap and I will root against him. He needs to understand he became an adult. And one without integrity

He is a diva. He is not a kid. He is a professional as of now. Eff him. I hope he suffers a severe injury

Ummm. If I was given the same amount from a team that I made a commitment to. Yes! Are you a piece of crap? Honor your commitments. I would never ever let my kid step away from a commitment they made. And yes, I have forced my kids to honor their commitments. It's called bring an adult. And once he left here for money, he became a professional. All bets are off. I hope he has a career ending injury. Obviously, there is no honorable adult in his life. He's a piece of crap and I will root against him. He needs to understand he became an adult. And one without integrity
Wow ,what a man you are.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/05/01/returning-pitt-defensive-leaders-embody-we-not-me-motto/

Don’t always agree with the PSN guys but think this is a good read. No one is against the diva WR or others making NIL money. But when it was reported by multiple National reporters that Pitt matched the offer and pulled out all the stops with AD, Fitz, etc., then it shows the lack of character and what a true diva this kid has turned into.

We know the taxes are higher in CA, the weather is nicer (most of the time), USC has better looking ladies etc. But I don’t want to hear excuses about having a new OC, quarterback, etc. Guess what…he will have a new OC, quarterback and all new teammates at his next stop. We have a damn good team returning and he would have continued to be the top option.

Going to USC the kid will make a fortune, but if he stayed at Pitt he would have continued to be the man and make a fortune as well.

Pitt is going to have another big year, I actually hope USC does as well and we meet them in a bowl game. Guarantee the diva WR would sit out even if it was for the NC because our D would knock the kid in to next week.

Make no mistake about it, he is damn good and a major loss. But I wouldn’t underestimate the talent we have on this team and how these guys want to win for each other. Let’s support the true Pitt men who want to be a part of this program.
Add to this the fact that usc's best QB is more then likely going to be the starting QB at Pitt next year...Addson made huge mistake. Big ego, little integrity.

Isn't a diva someone who is all about themself regardless of how they impact everyone around them?

This kid looks like a textbook example of a diva and a less than intelligent one at that.

This will hurt a bit but we have talent at WR. I don't think this will have as much impact as some are saying. Our O is going to be more balanced. Last years' O seemed to be too pass heavy at times and not having him upset over not getting targets may have become an issue. Who knows?

Enjoy that 3rd world enclave that is LA.

Wow, you too.

This is what you get when a little kid with the maturity of a 5 year old responds to adults. Try growing up and learning about the meaning of commitment and integrity before making a fool of yourself again.

I’m not sure why this matters? He did best for himself and his family after, presumably, doing his own due diligence. A “banner” at Heinz filed doesn’t put food on the table. Look. It’s a new world after Alston. All will be good.
Finally a rationale response

This is what you get when a little kid with the maturity of a 5 year old responds to adults. Try growing up and learning about the meaning of commitment and integrity before making a fool of yourself again.
Grow up,old men wishing a kid has a career ending injury that real mature.Talk about making a fool of yourself.How pathetic are you guys that you get so upset at player for leaving his team .what a sad life you must have that they only enjoyment in your life is from another man’s achievements.

Grow up,old men wishing a kid has a career ending injury that real mature.Talk about making a fool of yourself.How pathetic are you guys that you get so upset at player for leaving his team .what a sad life you must have that they only enjoyment in your life is from another man’s achievements.

I think you should take your own advice, kiddo. I never said I wanted him to have a career ending injury. Never said that. Learn to read. Again, I'll say it....GROW UP. You're an immature kid with no sense of integrity or common sense.

I get no fulfillment from watching a bunch of kids play a game. That's more your schtick. I'm talking about maturity, integrity, commitment, and common sense. That's something you'll need to learn as you get out of your teen years and grow into a man. You're not there yet, obviously. Neither is Addison, so you're in good company at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT