ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to 6:30/8:30?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The Big East, Big Ten, SEC, and Big Ten routinely play 6PM or 6:30PM local time games. ACCN has also done this from time to time and does their Thursday women's doubleheader at 6/8. So what is the meaning of this 9PM start?

The Big East, Big Ten, SEC, and Big Ten routinely play 6PM or 6:30PM local time games. ACCN has also done this from time to time and does their Thursday women's doubleheader at 6/8. So what is the meaning of this 9PM start?
The Pete is almost empty (except for the Zoo).

ACC has never been accused of being smart with their marketing.

The Pete is almost empty (except for the Zoo).

ACC has never been accused of being smart with their marketing.

When you have your own network, I'm not sure what the reason is to start a game at 9PM on a Tuesday night. I am counting the number of kids here. 3 under the age of 18 so far. Not that 8:30 makes a ton of difference but I bet I could have talked Mrs. SMF into allowing the kids to come.

6:30/8:30 would seem to be the sweet spot to maximize both ratings and attendance

Its not some crazy idea. Everyone else does that. I was walking into the Pete at 8:30 tonight and saw a score on the jumbotron that South Carolina had already beaten Vanderbilt. I would assume the game was in SC but geez, that would have been a 5:30 local start for Nashville Vandy fans. Personally, I'd probably do 6PM/8PM nowadays like they do for the girls. 6PM is a little early for people after work but most could make it I think given the nature of "work from home."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT