ADVERTISEMENT

What's the difference between 5.7 and 5.8?

MyNameisJoe

Assistant Coach
Sep 5, 2006
I know - I know, an extra "star" My question, is probably more for Chris Peak or someone else at Rivals, but what gets a kid from 5.7 to that 5.8

When you consider Pitt has what, 10 or so 5.7 kids...and for the star f'ers out there, that .1 would really change your perception of this class

Not much, but the peds who hang out here will get you to think otherwise.

Just about the same difference as 5.9 to 6.0.
Which is a 4 star bumping up to a 5 star

There are 422 players rated at 5.8 or better. There are 250 guys rated 5.8 and 255 guys are rated 5.7.

So what it means is that if a kid is a 5.8 he one of the top 172 to 422 players in the country. If he is 5.7 he is one of the 423 to 678 ranked kid in the country. The difference could be small 422 vs 173 or large 172 vs 678.

Reactions: cashisking884
I know - I know, an extra "star" My question, is probably more for Chris Peak or someone else at Rivals, but what gets a kid from 5.7 to that 5.8

When you consider Pitt has what, 10 or so 5.7 kids...and for the star f'ers out there, that .1 would really change your perception of this class
Basically it is someone's personal opinion. Period

Exactly , look at who has the best recruits and who wins more often than not. Homers try to spin spin spin. We were 5-7, that is the results
And we're back.....happy New Year. Could you please stop using "we" in your posts. You dislike Narduzzi, dislike the class and repeatedly say Pitt can't compete. At this point I don't think there are any fundamental changes that are going to alter your view for the next 11 or so months. So your message has been received, thanks. I mean if you really are a Pitt fan I have to question your sanity. Wouldn't you enjoy yourself more if you found a program that you actually enjoyed, because it's clear you take no enjoyment from Pitt. Alternatively, if you are not a Pitt fan, great job trolling. I mean 3k posts on about a program you dislike..wow. Actually might have to question your sanity on that front as well.

The difference is that historically a 5.8 has a much better chance of becoming a good college football player than a 5.7. It's hilarious that people hang on the 1 decimal point. This is a solid class and I like what they did in the trenches but 0 of the top 500 high school players are in this class. Very difficult to get excited about that when just a couple years ago we were stealing players from Psu and looked like we would be getting top 25 classes for the foreseeable future. If Pickett is the real deal I expect next years class to be much better. When u have a big time QB you can talk to recruits about winning the ACC and it actually sounds realistic.

Reactions: RHS14
The difference is that historically a 5.8 has a much better chance of becoming a good college football player than a 5.7. It's hilarious that people hang on the 1 decimal point. This is a solid class and I like what they did in the trenches but 0 of the top 500 high school players are in this class. Very difficult to get excited about that when just a couple years ago we were stealing players from Psu and looked like we would be getting top 25 classes for the foreseeable future. If Pickett is the real deal I expect next years class to be much better. When u have a big time QB you can talk to recruits about winning the ACC and it actually sounds realistic.

It's rated behind 80% of power 5 classes, but whatever you need to do to make yourself thinks it's great, have at it

So it's ok, to be dishonest here if you shill, but if you are honest people get panties in a bunch. Ok

giphy.gif

So it's ok, to be dishonest here if you shill, but if you are honest people get panties in a bunch. Ok
Yep-you are the keeper of the truth. Under your "truth" there is no way we beat psu, Clemson and Miami and we can't compete in general. If I honestly believe we can compete I'm a shill.

Seems like on Rivals the .1 means a little more than it does on 247's site.
But if the point is that the difference between a high end 3* isn't much difference than the lowest 4*, does that say more about the 3* or the 4*? Most of the elite teams are recruiting 4* players that aren't barely making the 4* cut.

It means one guy is going to suck and the other guy is going to be totally awesome!

You are not really good at math are you?

It just clumps ranges 5.5- 5.7 5.8 - 6.0 One could just say 5.8 = the top 225ish to 350ish? and 5.7 top 351ish - 450ish? and from 325 - 375 there probably isn't much different other than who sent in the better tape.

I honestly have no idea what it means but this is the only "good" explanation and it's basically garbage. You're either recruiting "blue chips" or you're everyone else who has to work hard to assemble something that helps you break from the pack and succeed.

I honestly have no idea what it means but this is the only "good" explanation and it's basically garbage. You're either recruiting "blue chips" or you're everyone else who has to work hard to assemble something that helps you break from the pack and succeed.

Which is not true. See our recruiting and out record , it proves you wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT