ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with all these friendlies?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Weren't players just released Sunday? I've been seeing random friendlies for the last couple weeks. Messi scored for Argentina today but PSG played on Sunday. I get that the US plays on the 1st full day but the US has 9 MLS players who've been done. They could have brought in a few others and played some friendlies. Canada will have played 2 friendlies.

Weren't players just released Sunday? I've been seeing random friendlies for the last couple weeks. Messi scored for Argentina today but PSG played on Sunday. I get that the US plays on the 1st full day but the US has 9 MLS players who've been done. They could have brought in a few others and played some friendlies. Canada will have played 2 friendlies.
There is supposed to be a friendly today in involving the USA. But I haven’t heard anything. The reason fans are anticipating a friendly is Sargent said in an interview last week that there was going to be one but he didn’t know the opponent.

They are taking a page out of the USWNT team book I see. Looks like no German High School teams were available so they settled for a Qatari pro club.
I think that’s what a lot of teams do. It’s more team building, confidence and chemistry building than anything else.

I think that’s what a lot of teams do. It’s more team building, confidence and chemistry building than anything else.

It's the schedule that kept the US from playing a full friendly. It would be insane to play a full friendly four days before your first tournament game, when your tournament schedule is going to be game, three days off, game, three days off, game, and then hopefully either three or four days off, and another game, at which point if you are lucky enough to still be playing you get five whole days off before you have to play again.

You'd have to be insane to think that's a good idea.

It's the schedule that kept the US from playing a full friendly. It would be insane to play a full friendly four days before your first tournament game, when your tournament schedule is going to be game, three days off, game, three days off, game, and then hopefully either three or four days off, and another game, at which point if you are lucky enough to still be playing you get five whole days off before you have to play again.

You'd have to be insane to think that's a good idea.

I wouldn't have played the guys who played on the weekend. I would have played the MLS guys in a real friendly vs like Armenia or someone like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT