ADVERTISEMENT

Where Are The "the glass is half empty" Posters??

"Everybody" didn't say anything, and the defense WAS predictable, predictably BAD!
Your post is as ridiculous as those you criticize.
The team is on a winning streak, that is good and I'm sure all Pitt fans, including me are enjoying the positive vibe for once. However, to say this was some sort of inevitable occurrence based on ANYTHING the team showed on offense or defense in the first 6 games is ridiculous.
Remember, a broken clock is right twice a day. Hopefully, the program is on solid footing, has it all figured out, and will never look back. Time will tell, but to crow like a banty rooster when the team achieves a .500 record at 6-6 in year 4 of the Nardawg era is just as disingenuous as burying them for the same feat.
Not sure what your point was in your second illegible paragraph, but I assume it was the same kind of childish scolding.
Take your own advice and enjoy the ride. Others will as well, and perhaps a few others still aren't sold yet. As long as they all still care, it's all good.
I'd feel a lot better about this win if I hadn't looked at the VT v. ODU box score. ODU is 3-7 with a couple of absolute drubbings at the hands of other FCS opponents.

The simple fact is VT is not good. Their season was essentially lost when Josh Jackson went down, and their D is the worst it has ever been under Bud Foster mostly due to all the off-season dismissals and the in-season injuries.

I'll judge this team on a game by game basis, that's all it has earned. 8-4 and Coastal champs after the way the first half of the season went would be a great outcome, no matter what happens in the ACC champ game or a subsequent bowl.

I'd feel a lot better about this win if I hadn't looked at the VT v. ODU box score. ODU is 3-7 with a couple of absolute drubbings at the hands of other FCS opponents.

The simple fact is VT is not good. Their season was essentially lost when Josh Jackson went down, and their D is the worst it has ever been under Bud Foster mostly due to all the off-season dismissals and the in-season injuries.

I'll judge this team on a game by game basis, that's all it has earned. 8-4 and Coastal champs after the way the first half of the season went would be a great outcome, no matter what happens in the ACC champ game or a subsequent bowl.

This is fair. ODU had a backup QB throw for 500 yds against VaTech.

Everybody knew the division was mediocre, and that Pitt's fate would come down to several toss up games, which in the past, did not go our way. This team deserves a lot of credit for the way they battled out of some difficult spots against Syracuse & Duke to put themselves in this position.

Gotta love Pitt fans. Prior to the stretch of wins all you heard was how good Duke was how Bronco had UVA straightened out how the cuse was going to kill Pitt etc etc. then Pitt beats them all and they are all mediocre

And they wonder why the program gets no respect and coaches can’t recruit Hell half the fan base doesn’t give them respect and actually are more excited after a losss. Self loathing YINZERS is a apt decription
Why do you make this stuff up? There was the expectation of losses because of how we got shellacked by UCF and lost to a terrible UNC team, again, but not discussion of those programs as good teams. In fact, the discussion of Syracuse has been how much they massaged their record and how we should be in the same place with smart scheduling. Duke was discussed as a good offense who should really test our defense because of their scheme. They did. Our offense outscored them. The defense was horrendous.

The offensive turnaround has been great. We haven't beaten any teams who are all that good, but it sure is better to beat them than lose to them like at the beginning of the season and last year. No one was crowning any of those teams, but were certainly down on Pitt's chances for at least Duke and Syracuse.

There is no reason to create false narratives over and over.

Reactions: pittdan77
Close on the road vs. #3 ND, wins vs. GT, #12 Cuse, Duke, UVA (all bowl eligible). There's not many teams with more quality wins than Pitt.

Why do you make this stuff up? There was the expectation of losses because of how we got shellacked by UCF and lost to a terrible UNC team, again, but not discussion of those programs as good teams. In fact, the discussion of Syracuse has been how much they massaged their record and how we should be in the same place with smart scheduling. Duke was discussed as a good offense who should really test our defense because of their scheme. They did. Our offense outscored them. The defense was horrendous.

The offensive turnaround has been great. We haven't beaten any teams who are all that good, but it sure is better to beat them than lose to them like at the beginning of the season and last year. No one was crowning any of those teams, but were certainly down on Pitt's chances for at least Duke and Syracuse.

There is no reason to create false narratives over and over.

Anyone pretending Syracuse isn’t any good is an imbecile at this point

And I do remember reading all the “ Duke is really good and Bronco (what a friggen name BTW) has em in good shape and they’re both gonna beat Pitt” remarks on this very board... that absolutely did happen.

And I do remember reading all the “ Duke is really good and Bronco (what a friggen name BTW) has em in good shape and they’re both gonna beat Pitt” remarks on this very board... that absolutely did happen.

Only Pitt fans look for reasons to diminish the teams accomplishments. It’s not just Pitt though it’s a burg thing. The self loathing yinzer label is well deserved What a miserable lot.

Pitt negative nancies seem to enjoy trolling Pitt fans’ excitement. The reality is Syracuse, Virginia, and Duke are above average this year but UNC, Vatech, and Miami are below average. Wake and Georgia tech are where they always are. To dismiss Pitt’s success like some have is just looking for the negative. When you add the toughest non-conference in the country, the season has been a success so far. Unfortunately the anti-Narduzzi narrative is not working out for some on here. I would imagine some are hoping to see Pitt lose to wake so they can say I told you so.

I used to despise ped st fans most and still think they are awful. But they are not any worse than the negative Nancy Pitt fans.

We played great. We are 6-4. I think you may want to wait a few games before thumping your chest too much. By the way I would love you right now to put out there what you believe our final record will be and bowl game. Since you are so sure of everything.
what? thumping his chest??

the post is about your stupid attitude and lame posts like yours not the teams final record

this post just shows what is important to posters like you -- just the opportunity to weigh in with your crap only after adversity.

Hail to Pitt

It’s one thing to be critical and another to be overly negative. While many fan bases can be critical very few go out of there way to bash the program players and coaches like Pitt

Example is how everyone said how every team is better than Pitt and that they would lose every game. Now after Pitt beats them those teams are garbage. Seems a bit inconsistent. How about giving the coaches and players credit. Everyone Harper in the defense and how predictable it was. Now that they are playing aggressive and mixing things up not a peep

The other thing I find hilarious is that the same fans who say Pitt is a steeping stone and no P5 coach would ever take this job slam Pitt for not being a P5 coach. They said the same thing about the hops program and I think this admin has shown they can hire pretty good coaches

I don’t know about you all but this season has become very enjoyable. Enjoy the ride. Pitt has not been in this position very often
good post

But the clowns who bash as opposed to offering good sports opinions about why things go the way they do unfortunately get a forum.

Like a toddler what they really want is attention. Like a video kiddie what they want is instant success. They are mostly pathetic bringing that kind of attitude to a sport forum (and it is still only a game)

Hail to Pitt

I have a hard time thinking they aren’t rated too high at 13. But that could be based on past cuse teams and my perception of that. I will admit, if pitt plays cuse 5 times this year, we win 1 or 2 tops.

Pitt fan after PSU loses to MSU: "Penn State never beats good teams! Ha ha ha ha..."
Pitt fan talking about Pitt's schedule: "Syracuse is really good and Duke and Virginia are going to a bowl, you negative Nancy's!"

I love you guys, seriously.

The biggest obstacle to Pitt’s long term success has always come from within. Other fan bases look for ways to support their program. Pitt fans look for ways not to support their program.
Absolutely. I hate ped st but their fans’ irrational beliefs about how great they are have built them into a blue blood and enabled them to withstand the worst sports scandal in sports history.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Just waiting for something bad to happen and they'll be out in droves.
A PITT game like we just watched against VT sends them scrabbling to their ratholes.
Using their favorite works bad, not good, etc.
giphy.gif
Why take the time to act like a little baby and further divide the fan base? Grow up.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I am still pissed we lost to UNC, and I have that right! About damn time us long suffering fans expect wins like other big time programs do.

I am still pissed we lost to UNC, and I have that right! About damn time us long suffering fans expect wins like other big time programs do.
Pitt is not a big time program, we're like Minnesota, Iowa State, Vandy, Northwestern or BC, something like that, a bit player in the Power 5. Not saying it has to always be that way. But that's what it is.

Last edited:
Pitt is not a big time program, we're like Minnesota, Iowa State, Vandy, Northwestern or BC, something like that, a bit player in the Power 5. Not saying it has to always be that way. But that's what it is.

I hold Pitt in a higher esteem than those schools due to the past and the big name players that have passed through the program.

Unfortunately, when it comes to team performance, since the 80s, pulling for Pitt football is a lot like voting for an independent or Green Party candidate. They never have a chance of winning anything significant, but they can still eff it up for someone who can.

Reactions: PantherDDS
what? thumping his chest??

the post is about your stupid attitude and lame posts like yours not the teams final record

this post just shows what is important to posters like you -- just the opportunity to weigh in with your crap only after adversity.

Hail to Pitt
Earn it!!! Than we can start calling out posters for being hesitant to get too cocky about what we have accomplished. We have been in this spot before and have blown it. Pitt needs to earn this. When we do, than these threads that are started won't be so annoying.

Gotta love Pitt fans. Prior to the stretch of wins all you heard was how good Duke was how Bronco had UVA straightened out how the cuse was going to kill Pitt etc etc. then Pitt beats them all and they are all mediocre

And they wonder why the program gets no respect and coaches can’t recruit Hell half the fan base doesn’t give them respect and actually are more excited after a losss. Self loathing YINZERS is a apt decription

You flip flop more than anybody. You should be the last person on here insulting Pitt fans when you are one of the worst offenders.

Who was in here saying how Narduzzi lost you, fire Watson etc? Get real.

You flip flop more than anybody. You should be the last person on here insulting Pitt fans when you are one of the worst offenders.

Who was in here saying how Narduzzi lost you, fire Watson etc? Get real.
Lacks self awareness.

I still have my doubts but have enjoyed the wins.

But 6-4 isn’t reason to crow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT