ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't we recruiting shooters for our program?

I agree both guards will be back next year which is why it is imperative to appear in the NCAA next year. If we get in the NIT and make a run that could convince X it’s time to make $ then who knows what Trey will be thinking. Which is what I meant with the roster being completely flipped.

I’m not faulting him for losing kids to The UNC’s of the world. But having no backup plan for RJ as it seems with what we know and missing out on kids to Miami, Illinois etc then just crying that those schools paid them is lame. I’m asking to beat like schools. That’s what Capel is paid to do.

I believe PSN was reporting Capel is currently recruiting another 2020 4-star guard who is not signing early. So maybe there is a backup plan now in the works.

It shouldn’t take 5 years to flip a program in basketball. There’s a good chance if we don’t make it next year we never will. Because at least 2 of our guards will be gone then we will he flipped the exact opposite of what we are now with all bigs and no guards.
If we got even 1 stellar recruiting class we could and should make the tournament the next year. I'm not sure why this program needs a 4-5 year rebuild actually. If Capel is a good coach and good recruiter this should be a much quicker process. What's worrisome though to me is he is not showing much of both so far. But it's still only year 2.

Regardless, it is still a huge jump over Stallings and it is still too early in year #2 to draw any final conclusions on how year #2 will ultimately turn out. Also, very much needed front court height and depth is signed for year #3. So, I remain cautiously optimistic.

I believe PSN was reporting Capel is currently recruiting another 2020 4-star guard who is not signing early. So maybe there is a backup plan now in the works.
I would imagine this is one of those situations where Jake Weingarten declares the kid a 4 star. There’s no way we’re getting in on a 4 star guard this late before decommits

I would imagine this is one of those situations where Jake Weingarten declares the kid a 4 star. There’s no way we’re getting in on a 4 star guard this late before decommits
The only name I know is that reclass kid.
Carter Hart.

PSN says Mike Miles.

Is TCU still considered a favorite? Even with JD’s new recruiters JC should be able to beat him right? I mean that’s what JC is known for. He’s known for recruiting and the hard to scout high ball screen O...Smh

Well--going against Dixon's guys and for a local to TCU guy? Good news is he hasn't signed with TCU in the early period.

Hope Miles wants to go far from home.

Last edited:
I’ve been JC’s biggest critic when it comes to recruiting but i don’t EXPECT him to beat out a Texas school for Miles. If he does will be pleasant surprise but this is one I wouldn’t blame him for

Reactions: pittjas
Absolutely agree!

If we were to land Miles, then Kudos to Capel. If not, its just an "oh well, we made a good effort to land a long shot."

Last edited:
Lol we won 3 ACC games. 3 conference games is a right of passage if u just show up and play hard 18 times unless you hire someone like Stallings. Thank you for not refuting us missing on 247 bigs in the 19 class or the Horton waiver which are both huge blunders. Landing 1 consensus top 100 player in 3 classes isn’t where we should be imo and nothing is gonna change that.
My mother told me patience is a virtue. too early to tell on Capel. we are in a much better place now than when he got here, with an up arrow, I think. we were down the the wire on at least 3 top quality bigs for 2019, just didn't happen. we are involved with much higher level players with realistic chances of getting them. enjoy the ride up the elevator the next few years.

My mother told me patience is a virtue. too early to tell on Capel. we are in a much better place now than when he got here, with an up arrow, I think. we were down the the wire on at least 3 top quality bigs for 2019, just didn't happen. we are involved with much higher level players with realistic chances of getting them. enjoy the ride up the elevator the next few years.
What 3 quality bigs did we almost land in 2019 that gives him a pass? Wahab yes. We weren’t close on any others.

What 3 quality bigs did we almost land in 2019 that gives him a pass? Wahab yes. We weren’t close on any others.
We were runner up on the kid that went to illinois. He is good. Nobody looking to give a pass. We were in it for the kid at wvu.

I don't think Sy would have been the missing piece down low that some fans thought he would end up being, but I would certainly take two years of Sy to accompany Brown than one year of Hamilton.

Edit: That said, I'm not sure if I'd take the one additional year of Sy if it would have meant not getting four years of Amadasun - who I really like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT