All Conference
Jul 5, 2001
Once again a lopsided score differential. This time to the # 3 team
in the country. Losing again by 30+ is no surprise by this undermanned
group of players. Some observations:
- Battle again had a good game and was the leading scorer with 11 pts. Why
has she been sitting?
- Some stats that killed us, A/TO ratio of 5/14 while NCST goes 23/9. Of
course shooting FG's at 29% and 3's at 13% will sink any team.
- From my vantage pt watching on tv, our plaers work hard, continue to
show good spirit, attitude, and hustle.
- Can't find any other positives. The talent differential is so obvious as we
all know.

Last edited:
The NC State starting center and forward were taller than anyone on Pitt’s roster.

Battle’s season is quite mysterious. Injury or doghouse…

With how poorly the guards are playing overall, I’m surprised that the other transfer guard (not Perkins) has hardly played - I guess that tells us something…

I remember the first game that I went to this season, Perkins was hitting 3s and seemed like a player. Unfortunately, that didn’t last - she’s either hot or cold, and it’s been all cold lately…

If I remember correctly, NC State had one player shoot 6 for 6 and another go 6 for 8…. Must be nice…

Hoping Coach can find a big and a shooter somehow…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: singregardless
I remember the first game that I went to this season, Perkins was hitting 3s and seemed like a player. Unfortunately, that didn’t last - she’s either hot or cold, and it’s been all cold lately…

She wears that brace on her shoulder, so I am assuming that she is hurt. When she came out of the game in the first half she and one of the trainer/manager types were trying to adjust the brace (or do something with it) and she went down the tunnel to the locker room for a minute.

Battle again had a good game and was the leading scorer with 11 pts. Why
has she been sitting?

Isn't it about the most telling thing of all that we can talk about Battle playing well on a day when she was 5-12 from the field with 2 rebounds, 0 assists and 2 turnovers in 34 minutes. NC State is really good, so this might not be a fair comparison, but she wouldn't have gotten off the bench if she played for NC State until the second half when the coach called off the dogs.

Which, unfortunately, is something you can say about all of our players except Liatu King.

Reactions: Chescat
Hey, by the way, I am about 99% certain that for some reason Emy Hayford was at the game sitting behind the Pitt bench yesterday. Fordham played on Saturday and doesn't play again until next Sunday, so maybe she had a day or two off and came in to visit her old teammates?

Oh, and another goofy thing that happened, when the announce the teams and the players throw the little mini-basketballs into the crowd, Bub Carrington caught one of the balls. I forget who threw it, but I am assuming that she threw it to him on purpose.

Oh, and another goofy thing that happened, when the announce the teams and the players throw the little mini-basketballs into the crowd, Bub Carrington caught one of the balls. I forget who threw it, but I am assuming that she threw it to him on purpose.
Well if it were thrown to him on purpose, that would have been
an intended completed pass and not another TO. He should have then
fired it into the nearest hoop, thus giving us another needed assist. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT