ADVERTISEMENT

Womens recruiting

oldpantherfan

Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
I know many of you don't care but can someone who does (without the sarcasm) explain to me why Suzie recruited heavily locally while at Duquesne and NOT at Pitt ?
I just read a story in the trib where a 6"2 player from Winchester Thurston is going to Xavier. Since she has been at Pitt most local players are going some where else and we aren't talking Connecticut or Notre Dame ( though they have gone there as well).
I am a Pitt sports fan and like Suzie as well but this is perplexing considering the state of the current team.
And please no "they aren't good because they are local" bunk. They can't be any worse then what we have (not saying the players are bad). Is there issue with the coaches toward local players or vice versa ? I don't understand the problem so maybe someone who does can help me out.

I know many of you don't care but can someone who does (without the sarcasm) explain to me why Suzie recruited heavily locally while at Duquesne and NOT at Pitt ?
I just read a story in the trib where a 6"2 player from Winchester Thurston is going to Xavier. Since she has been at Pitt most local players are going some where else and we aren't talking Connecticut or Notre Dame ( though they have gone there as well).
I am a Pitt sports fan and like Suzie as well but this is perplexing considering the state of the current team.
And please no "they aren't good because they are local" bunk. They can't be any worse then what we have (not saying the players are bad). Is there issue with the coaches toward local players or vice versa ? I don't understand the problem so maybe someone who does can help me out.
Great question - Omogrosso has played very well for Duquesne, and she was initially committed to Pitt. SMS swapped her for the PG from Seton LaSalle, and it has blown up in her face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT