ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup 2022 Thread

SMF, just hypothetically, if Pitt was playing in an FCS playoff game and Bama was playing tOSU in a CFP game and both where televised at the same time, which would you watch?
Pitt. I wouldn't watch college football if I didn't have a team to root for

Pitt. I wouldn't watch college football if I didn't have a team to root for
If you say Pitt YOUR ALMA MATER in a playoff game in this scenario you would be watching college football. But I get it, you're not a real Pitt fan, just a fan of whatever is the highest level, so you wouldn't really care.

If you say Pitt YOUR ALMA MATER in a playoff game in this scenario you would be watching college football. But I get it, you're not a real Pitt fan, just a fan of whatever is the highest level, so you wouldn't really care.
I am a fan of my team playing at the highest level so if that makes me not a Pitt fan, so be it. If Pitt drops to D3, they'll have 3 true fans, you and 2 other dudes. Congrats.

Go to your map app and put in driving directions to Panama. You’ll get the same result you get if you put in driving directions to London.

That doesn't make any sense to me, so I tried it. And you are right, you apparently can't drive from Pittsburgh to Panama City, Panama.

Oddly enough though, you can drive from Pittsburgh to Mexico City and from Mexico City to Panama City, but somehow Google maps can't add one and one and get two.

That doesn't make any sense to me, so I tried it. And you are right, you apparently can't drive from Pittsburgh to Panama City, Panama.

Oddly enough though, you can drive from Pittsburgh to Mexico City and from Mexico City to Panama City, but somehow Google maps can't add one and one and get two.
Regardless of what Google Maps said, you can drive from Alaska to Southern Panama, then the road ends in the jungle....the Darien Gap I think its called.

If Pitt drops to D3, they'll have 3 true fans, you and 2 other dudes. Congrats.
I don't think so, I know a lot of people who would still be there with me, there's a lot more to it than just the level of play for some people. For you no, you're not a real Pitt fan, but for real Pitt fans, thousands would still be there.

I don't think so, I know a lot of people who would still be there with me, there's a lot more to it than just the level of play for some people. For you no, you're not a real Pitt fan, but for real Pitt fans, thousands would still be there.
Honestly, what do you think the average attendance would be for a W&J at Pitt D3 game? No way there's more than a thousand people there.

Yeah I didn’t understand it either. I just figured they didn’t have it available to calculate because who in their right mind would want to drive there? Driving the entire length of Mexico north to south would be a nightmare.

I watched this 5 times and find the whole thing hilarious, including the white chick at the end. I’ll guarantee she’s probably a liberal living with white guilt…the very kind of person making my life miserable in 2022.

Honestly, what do you think the average attendance would be for a W&J at Pitt D3 game? No way there's more than a thousand people there.
I would guess 3-5 thousand, lot's of D3 schools have that kind of attendance and a lot of people want their tailgate traditions to continue so badly that they would still go. The socializing is more important than the quality of the game, My cousin played for Westminster College in New Wilmington PA and they had a full stadium when I went at least 3K

Yeah I didn’t understand it either. I just figured they didn’t have it available to calculate because who in their right mind would want to drive there? Driving the entire length of Mexico north to south would be a nightmare.

There are actually people who have driven from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska all the way down to the tip of Argentina. Most people who do something like that actually ferry across from southern Panama to northern Columbia, because as SMF said there is no road that goes through what is essentially a huge, miles long swamp along the border of the two countries. But there have been a few idiots, er, I mean intrepid souls who have driven through there.

In some news from today, Jordan Pefok, good enough to play in the Bundesliga, not good enough to even sit on the bench for the US men.

In some news from today, Jordan Pefok, good enough to play in the Bundesliga, not good enough to even sit on the bench for the US men.
Just because you are on a team in a certain league, does that mean you are automatically better than players in every lesser league?

Josh Sargent says “look at me”. That said, Norwich is no longer in the top league in the world.

What about Jesus Fiererra? He plays for Dallas MLS right? Seems like he's beaten out a number of guys playing in Europe

Just because you are on a team in a certain league, does that mean you are automatically better than players in every lesser league?

If teams in the Bundesliga are interested in one player an not interested in another player that isn't PROOF that one is better than the other, but it is a very strong piece of evidence.

Reactions: Pitt79
What about Jesus Fiererra? He plays for Dallas MLS right? Seems like he's beaten out a number of guys playing in Europe

And after "beating those guys out", what has he actually done? He scored two goals in a friendly against Trinidad and one goal in a qualifier against Panama. He had three assists in that Trinidad game. And none in any of the other nine games he's played for the US.

It may end up that he turns into a goal scoring star for the US, and believe me that I certainly hope that he does. But right now the fact that he "beat those guys out" isn't any sort of proof that he's better. If anything it's more evidence that the US currently has a coach that is willing to play his favorites when there are better choices out there.

Reactions: PeetWeet2
And after "beating those guys out", what has he actually done? He scored two goals in a friendly against Trinidad and one goal in a qualifier against Panama. He had three assists in that Trinidad game. And none in any of the other nine games he's played for the US.

It may end up that he turns into a goal scoring star for the US, and believe me that I certainly hope that he does. But right now the fact that he "beat those guys out" isn't any sort of proof that he's better. If anything it's more evidence that the US currently has a coach that is willing to play his favorites when there are better choices out there.
On the other hand, I feel like Josh Sargent is no better, he's hardly ever done much and he plays in EPL.

On the other hand, I feel like Josh Sargent is no better, he's hardly ever done much and he plays in EPL.
Well he doesn’t play in the EPL. He’s in the Championship. And he played on the worst team in the EPL for a year and had 1 or 2 goals all season. So he doesn’t really count. The guy hasn’t been called up in recent windows because he’s not the answer. And Greg knows it. He had plenty of unsuccessful shots.

Well he doesn’t play in the EPL. He’s in the Championship. And he played on the worst team in the EPL for a year and had 1 or 2 goals all season. So he doesn’t really count. The guy hasn’t been called up in recent windows because he’s not the answer. And Greg knows it. He had plenty of unsuccessful shots.
All of our strikers and now 2 of our keepers are in great positions now to get in form and show they should be starting at the WC. Dike, Sargent and Wright in the championship, and then pefok and pepi(hopefully he adapts) in the BL. I hope other fringeish guys follow suit.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
All of our strikers and now 2 of our keepers are in great positions now to get in form and show they should be starting at the WC. Dike, Sargent and Wright in the championship, and then pefok and pepi(hopefully he adapts) in the BL. I hope other fringeish guys follow suit.
Really still holding out hope for Dike. It takes strikers a while sometimes.

#3 Ethan Horvath was loaned out to Luton. Not a bad move as he should get the #1 nod. Luton was very solid last year getting into the playoffs.

Also #1a Steffen may get loaned out to Middlesbrough as well. Middlesbrough just missed the playoffs last season so it's not like he's going to lower Championship squad.

Dike and Sargent are the same age.
Yeah. But they are different types of players, and Sargent had had plenty of opportunity. I don’t see upside there. Of course I could be wrong but I’ve never seen anything with him.

Yeah. But they are different types of players, and Sargent had had plenty of opportunity. I don’t see upside there. Of course I could be wrong but I’ve never seen anything with him.
Sargent is probably the best presser at 9 we have, besides that it seems like every coach he plays for loves him. But I agree he needs to show more when comes generating xg and scoring.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT