ADVERTISEMENT

Wow did Franklin really try to score with 6 seconds left?

If you didn't watch the game, how do you know "PS clearly looked mediocre"?
From the score. I watched 2 plays. Saw two ridiculous calls against WVU (who I dislike as well) and turned the game off.

And I’m not saying Pitt isn’t mediocre, we might be just like you are, who knows

From the score. I watched 2 plays. Saw two ridiculous calls against WVU (who I dislike as well) and turned the game off.

And I’m not saying Pitt isn’t mediocre, we might be just like you are, who knows
Pedo U has a ridiculous schedule so until the either play OSU or MI who knows. The big 10 as a conference is terrible this year!

If there's 6 seconds and the game is decided, there is no need to do anything other that kneel on the ball.

But Jimmy Franks has a statement to make with his "best roster ever". Lol

I had PSU -20.5, so I loved it. I hate PSU, but in fairness, he didn't really try to run up the score in a traditional sense, although he certainly could have taken a knee at the end. He actually put in the backup QB for the final series. Seemed more like trying to get the second team some meaningful run.
He pushed the points where they needed to be. Some say he knew what he needed and maybe he did. But I’ll go with he is just a prick.

I think it’s hilarious that someone ran up the score on the hoopies and they got mad about it. Franklin is a dbag but we already knew that. Zero sympathy for WVU, I hope their opponent runs up the score every time against those idiots. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Pitt Time Prime
It won't matter when they get pounded by Michigan and OSU agai

Because you aren’t a good person either. They aren’t trying to score a td. There is 6 SECONDS LEFT. It’s not like 70-0 in the start of the 4th qtr it’s 6 seconds left.

There isn’t a scenario where that is ok. You might be ok with him being a humongous douche bag, and that’s fine for you, but you can’t argue he isn’t a humongous douche bag because he is.
HAHAHA!!! Dude, you don't even know anything about me at all and your going to judge me as a person. That's okay though, it is America and you are allowed to express your opinion.
I do have to ask you, have you ever participated in a sport where you work and train for years to have even the slightest chance to play that sport at a very high level? If you have, then you will understand why that TD was scored. Sure franklin did it to win by a larger margin in order to gather more votes in the rankings. For some of those players out there on the field, this may be the only time in their psu careers, let alone this season, that they can go out there and play in a game on national tv. What do you want them to do, take a knee?? Why, go out, do your best and make something happen. That should apply to every player on every NCAA football team. The comment about franklin being a humongous douche bag, I see no problem with.

??

I didn’t watch the game. I get it you’re a troll. The guy scored a td with 6 seconds left in a game that was over. Didn’t matter if UNC, Arizona, or the Ragin’ Cajuns did it, I would write about it.
Since you didn’t watch the game you didn’t see WVU continuing to take time out and had starters still playing. If WVU didn’t want scored on don’t call three timeouts with two minutes left. Penn State had a bunch of second and third team guys. If your opponent isn’t giving up why should you?

As long as the playoff selection based on voting you play until the final gun. You don’t give the selection committee any ammo to doc them. You don’t want to fall behind in the polls. Hypothetically let’s say it comes down to OU and PSU for the final playoff spot. It is possible one of the things they compare is common opponents.

Last edited:
??

I didn’t watch the game. I get it you’re a troll. The guy scored a td with 6 seconds left in a game that was over. Didn’t matter if UNC, Arizona, or the Ragin’ Cajuns did it, I would write about it.

Now just because it’s your school that did it, you come on to write about it, I get it, you should be embarrassed. You have the worst academic record in the big 10, the worst rape scandal in football history and a coach that’s a douche bag. So, your misaligned message I get. It’s ok little bro
Come on Jokepa, I know you didn't see the game but geese, the Hoopies brought that on themselves. First the fail on an onside kick. PSU puts in 2nd and 3rd team including a QB that never played a down against WVU's 1st team defense. He's only a play away from having to start for PSU if Allar gets banged up, so you want to at least give the kid a couple of meaningful downs, not a kneel. Then the Hoopie coach calls two time outs on the last drive. Why would he try to stop the clock down by 16? The clock would have definitely run out if not for those timeout calls. I don't blame a freshman QB for trying to score under those circumstances. WVU had no one to blame but themselves. Then with a couple of seconds left, WVU runs a QB draw trying to break a big one down by 23 risking their QB. Makes no sense to me. There might be a lot of things to rag on Franklin over, but that last series wasn't really one of them.

Didn’t watch the game, but how small must this guys penis be to have to overcompensate so much??????

It’s insane, he consistently runs up scores when other teams 3,4th stringers are in during mop up. We know he never beats good teams, you have to wonder why he wants the country to hate his school so much? They already do after paterno and jer, but why he the dark side?

I didn’t watch the game, anyone see this?
WVU ran a 2 point conversion and an on sides kick in garbage time. Karma is a beyotch.

Since you didn’t watch the game you didn’t see WVU continuing to take time out and had starters still playing. If WVU didn’t want scored on don’t call three timeouts with two minutes left. Penn State had a bunch of second and third team guys. If your opponent isn’t giving up why should you?

As long as the playoff selection based on voting you play until the final gun. You don’t give the selection committee any ammo to doc them. You don’t want to fall behind in the polls. Hypothetically let’s say it comes down to OU and PSU for the final playoff spot. It is possible one of the things they compare is common opponents.
Beat it

HAHAHA!!! Dude, you don't even know anything about me at all and your going to judge me as a person. That's okay though, it is America and you are allowed to express your opinion.
I do have to ask you, have you ever participated in a sport where you work and train for years to have even the slightest chance to play that sport at a very high level? If you have, then you will understand why that TD was scored. Sure franklin did it to win by a larger margin in order to gather more votes in the rankings. For some of those players out there on the field, this may be the only time in their psu careers, let alone this season, that they can go out there and play in a game on national tv. What do you want them to do, take a knee?? Why, go out, do your best and make something happen. That should apply to every player on every NCAA football team. The comment about franklin being a humongous douche bag, I see no problem with.
No different than a walk-on in basketball shooting 3s up by 30 with a minute left.

Just look at the Idiots username and you see why. He’s obsessed with PSU. It consumes him enough to post after a pItt win everything about PSU.

WVU’s last TD flipped it to WVU+ with a few minutes to go and PSU’s TD with 5-6 seconds flipped it back to PSU. I thought once PSU got that last 1st down they’d sit on it, but, no. They didn’t look desperate to score, but they could’ve knelt it out and didn’t while making their backers happy, too.

Reactions: bdur76
WVU’s last TD flipped it to WVU+ with a few minutes to go and PSU’s TD with 5-6 seconds flipped it back to PSU. I thought once PSU got that last 1st down they’d sit on it, but, no. They didn’t look desperate to score, but they could’ve knelt it out and didn’t while making their backers happy, too.
Beat it

You can bet the house that WVU will try to score against Pitt in garbage time, if they get the chance.

With how mainstream gambling has become, I do think coaches have to try to cover when they can. Gambling donors won't be as happy with a win if they lost money. I am sure Franklin was just trying to cover the spread. And that's fine. College football is a cesspool and he fits in well.

Reactions: revampedpanthers
First off, no. You shouldnt

Secondly, no, no one thinks that. Oklahoma passed once in the entire 4th quarter. In fact our old QB Dallas Beville played most the 4th and didn’t throw a pass

People praise teams for being clearly better than their opponent, not for running up the score. PS was supposed to have their “best team ever” and clearly looked mediocre. Sure, no one is going to be impressed by that and no one is going to be more impressed because they scored with 6 seconds left. It’s silly.
I say F'EM if you can't take a joke :)

Pour it on! Let the walk ons score TDs to have a story to tell their grandkids.

If the losers don't like it, stop 'em.

WVU needed to end the game with some positivity. Why was their starter at QB still on the field. Because the coach needed something positive to build on. It was the second team PSU offense so good for them to score on a short field. This story is a non story.

Reactions: bdur76 and TD_6082
With how mainstream gambling has become, I do think coaches have to try to cover when they can. Gambling donors won't be as happy with a win if they lost money. I am sure Franklin was just trying to cover the spread. And that's fine. College football is a cesspool and he fits in well.
I do think this played a part in it. Like I said, it didn’t appear as if they desperately wanted to score but Franklin may have realized the PSU backers would be miffed if he knelt it out. It was clearly PSU’s last play, either way.

I do think this played a part in it. Like I said, it didn’t appear as if they desperately wanted to score but Franklin may have realized the PSU backers would be miffed if he knelt it out. It was clearly PSU’s last play, either way.
Lmao. How do you know that they were giving the points? That’s an idiotic assumption. And if he really wanted to score, would a QB sneak from that far out with an unathletic QB ??

Some of you are a little short in the brain cell category

Reactions: 4382
I think, to be fair, a coach is in a no-win situation there. PSU cultists aren’t taking WVU and the points. If they’re bettors, they’re either passing or laying the points. If Franklin does the sportsman-like thing, his alum and boosters are unhappy. If he at least lets them play, he can fall back on that. Not saying it was the deciding factor, but a pro coach is kneeling on it there. Many college coaches, too. Yet, he didn’t.

Didn’t watch the game, but how small must this guys penis be to have to overcompensate so much??????

It’s insane, he consistently runs up scores when other teams 3,4th stringers are in during mop up. We know he never beats good teams, you have to wonder why he wants the country to hate his school so much? They already do after paterno and jer, but why he the dark side?

I didn’t watch the game, anyone see this?

6 seconds? Yeah, that isnt getting guys plays, that is flat up running it up

Duke is taking knees against Clemson!!! Wow, that is so odd they wouldnt want their second team scoring a td at the end of the game.

The difference between a classy team and a high education institution, and a classless coach from a diploma mill

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Duke is taking knees against Clemson!!! Wow, that is so odd they wouldnt want their second team scoring a td at the end of the game.

The difference between a classy team and a high education institution, and a classless coach from a diploma mill
They had already covered the spread.

I stopped watching at the start of the 4th quarter, so I did not see what happened. I do not like franklin at all, in fact, I hate psu and everything related to that school. That being said and I hate to say this, but I have no problem with franklin and his decision to try and score with .06 keft in the game. Why, you may ask? Because if I was in franklin's position, I'd have done the same thing. His team is ranked #7 in the country and they are playing with the hope of winning a National Championship. Unfortunately, the way the playoffs are set up at this point, the higher a team is ranked the better their chances are of being selected for a spot in the National Championship playoffs. 38-15 sounds and looks a lot better then 31-15. That will gather them a couple of more votes in the rankings this week. To be very honest, I wish that Pat Narduzzi had that same mentality with some of his game day decisions. Look at yesterday's Pitt game. They came out in the second half and played very conservatively on offense. I don't want to hearing the usual coaches "taking points" about having new guys playing together and it taking time for them to understand the offense. Nor do I want to hear about "running the score up" on Wofford. Pitt should have went out there and easily put 60+ on the scoreboard. That's what the big boys of the Power 5 conference do when they play an inferior opponent. I mean Oregon put up 81 yesterday and it was one of the top stories of the day on sportscenter.
I still HATE psu as much as ever, but I have no problem with frankin playing the game to win and win by as much as possible.
^^^This^^^ x 100. I don’t like defending Franklin for anything. But when the voters who determine rankings have a bloodlust about how many points that teams win by, then it behooves coaches to “run it up” whenever they can to impress those voters.

As one coach told me a long time ago, “It’s not my job to stop my team from scoring…”

Last edited:

Duke covered the spread. Listen, like it or not, coached have to cover the spread when they can. Donors demand it. Its part of their job now. If PSU got the ball back with 30 seconds on their own 20, they kneel it. But when you have a realistic chance to cover, you have to do it. You cant make the people who pay your bills and pay your players unhappy.

In fact in college basketball, point differential had become a major factor in making or missing the NCAAT. If you play a cupcake and are favored by 25, you better not put the walk-ons in late and win by 18. Keep the starters in and win by 40. Its stupid but its all based on metrics and its better to win by a lot.

Reactions: YourPittDanceTeam
Loser Ped U fan! Get a life man
Look fellas, I'm just stirring the pot with some good natured ribbing. I don't by any means despise Pitt. I do think PN is a terrific coach, and has his squad ready to go every game. I actually think he'd be a good NFL coach.
I apologize if my quips seem to snarky to stomach, but I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so the rivalry is there for me.

Look fellas, I'm just stirring the pot with some good natured ribbing. I don't by any means despise Pitt. I do think PN is a terrific coach, and has his squad ready to go every game. I actually think he'd be a good NFL coach.
I apologize if my quips seem to snarky to stomach, but I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so the rivalry is there for me.
We don't play each other so beat it and stop trolling loser

Reactions: PittFanDan17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT