ADVERTISEMENT

Wrexham fc

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Not the show but the team. Of course I’ve been watching the show and know how that season turns out but now I’m following the matches this season.
Heck of a game yesterday winning 6 - 0 over torquay who they should beat based on where they are in the table. Looks to be a two horse race with chesterfield for promotion.

Reactions: mike412 and Fk_Pitt
Not the show but the team. Of course I’ve been watching the show and know how that season turns out but now I’m following the matches this season.
Heck of a game yesterday winning 6 - 0 over torquay who they should beat based on where they are in the table. Looks to be a two horse race with chesterfield for promotion.
Promoted to where? Are they in the EFL? Are all Welsh teams in the English pyramid?

Promoted to where? Are they in the EFL? Are all Welsh teams in the English pyramid?

They are in the National League.

Premier League
Championship
League One
League Two
National League
National League North/National League South (two geographically separate leagues that both promote teams to the National League)

Then after that the divisions get even further divided geographically to cut down on travel, so there are four different leagues at the seventh level, and so on.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
They are one promotion away from getting into the 4th tier, which means more than $1.4 Million in guaranteed additional income.

I believe the way promotion works in that division is that the league winner automatically gets promoted and then there is a playoff for the other spot. In the top leagues, 3 teams get promoted/relegated, but I think in their division it is only 2.

With the notoriety Wrexham has gotten, it has increased attendance and merchandise sales, but also hooliganism. Someone threw a flare at one game, injuring a small child; a second person threw a flare and was apprehended. He just received a 5 year ban not only from Wrexham matches, but all matches in England and Wales. He also can’t come within 2.5 km of the match grounds on game day and can’t visit any city on match day with any match being played, including the national teams of Wales and England.

Last edited:
Correct on the promotions from fifth tier. The top team plus the playoff winner.

this spring stockport finished first and was promoted to EFL league two.
Wrexham finished second giving them the top seed of the six team playoff (2 thru 7) and a first round bye into the semi final. They lost to the 6 seed Grimsby Town who won the playoff and also got promoted to league two, after just having been relagated from league two the year before.

Wrexham is the only team from wales in the league

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT