ADVERTISEMENT

WVU and UVA

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
I am not saying we will play with them, but by season's end I think both will be exposed for being over rated.

Both teams lack depth and are too heavily reliant for scoring by 2 or 3 players.

I am not saying we will play with them, but by season's end I think both will be exposed for being over rated.

Both teams lack depth and are too heavily reliant for scoring by 2 or 3 players.

If don't at least hang for a half I will be really disappointed. I don't think WVU is all that good, and Pitt desperately needs a good effort at home.

If don't at least hang for a half I will be really disappointed. I don't think WVU is all that good, and Pitt desperately needs a good effort at home.

I don't think we are as good as most WV fans expected. We lost our starting center, Elijah Macon, that most thought would return for his senior season, to pro ball (not NBA). We lost our second best player (behind Carter) until January due to a suspension (SF, 6'8" Esa Ahmad). We lost our best recruit (Derek Culver 4* 6'10") to grades (he is prepping at Brewster). And we lost our best incoming guard from Hargrave Prep (Brandon Knapper that lead them in scoring and assists) due to a MCL tear. So the talent and depth we thought we would have has been pretty heavily affected. Personally, I think the game will be a lot closer than most.

I don't think we are as good as most WV fans expected. We lost our starting center, Elijah Macon, that most thought would return for his senior season, to pro ball (not NBA). We lost our second best player (behind Carter) until January due to a suspension (SF, 6'8" Esa Ahmad). We lost our best recruit (Derek Culver 4* 6'10") to grades (he is prepping at Brewster). And we lost our best incoming guard from Hargrave Prep (Brandon Knapper that lead them in scoring and assists) due to a MCL tear. So the talent and depth we thought we would have has been pretty heavily affected. Personally, I think the game will be a lot closer than most.
WV will destroy Pitt, but I think they will take a small step back this year for the reasons you stated.

Macon was a really good player. Even better than his stats and sometimes those guys are hard to replace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT