ADVERTISEMENT

WVU disaster details

So far this "disaster" has yielded only 2 transfers of note. If they keep the rest in tact, its an NCAAT team. 7-11 in the B12 is all they need.

Coaching matters but they will win a lot of home games and go 7-11 at worst and make the NCAAT assuming they dont lose anyone else. You know they are going to beat KSt, TCU, Iowa State, etc at home.
7-11 factors in that coaching doesn’t matter. Their roster isn’t very good

7-11 factors in that coaching doesn’t matter. Their roster isn’t very good

We both agreed that they were a darkhorse to win a NC. They have possibly the highest paid roster in the NCAA. I dont know you go from that to "roster isnt very good" after losing JUST Mitchell and Touisaant.

We both agreed that they were a darkhorse to win a NC. They have possibly the highest paid roster in the NCAA. I dont know you go from that to "roster isnt very good" after losing JUST Mitchell and Touisaant.
And a half of fame coach with someone who has equivalent experience of a WPIAL coach? The big 12 is the best league in the country top to bottom and they lost 2 5th year starters and a HOF coach. They went 7-11 last year. How is that not significant?

And a half of fame coach with someone who has equivalent experience of a WPIAL coach? The big 12 is the best league in the country top to bottom and they lost 2 5th year starters and a HOF coach. They went 7-11 last year. How is that not significant?

Not talking about the HC. We agreed they could win a NC and now losing 2 starters makes it not a good roster? How?

You both could make for a wonderful undercard bout just before Zuckerberg and Musk go at it.

Reactions: BPKY
Mitchell is the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team. Touissant is 4th or 5th. Try again. Losing that doesnt take you from NC to 4-14
So losing Hinson and Cummings?
Then replacing Jeff Capel with Jason Capel.
That doesn’t severely change your trajectory?
I mean… bro… you’re never right about anything and this is one of your dumbest takes.

Not to mention they lost Onkonwo who is apparently going to UNC, they will lose Perez if he graduates.

So his actual coaching staff looks like a bunch of inexperienced guys. He shit canned Everhart who might have been a great X and O coach to help with the gauntlet of stud big 12 coaches they will have to contend with. Good Luck.

So losing Hinson and Cummings?
Then replacing Jeff Capel with Jason Capel.
That doesn’t severely change your trajectory?
I mean… bro… you’re never right about anything and this is one of your dumbest takes.

Not to mention they lost Onkonwo who is apparently going to UNC, they will lose Perez if he graduates.

Pitt was the 3rd to last team in the field. Losing Hinson and Cummings would be lethal for them. We agreed WVU could win a NC. Losing their 2nd and 4th or 5th best player doesnt take the roster (just the roster, not coaching) from fringe NC to "not a good roster." They lost 2 guys of note. The roster is NCAAT good. Maybe Sweet 16 good. But I would agree that coaching drops them quite a bit....to 7-11 in the B12

On to school #5

18-19 Gardner-Webb
19-20 Gardner-Webb
20-21 Marquette
21-22 Manhattan
22-23 WVU (DNP)
23-24 ???

I wonder if Pitt has a chance given the familiarity with Marquette players. He played with Greg Elliot and that assistant who recently left for Buffalo was there.
They are down to 8 scholarship players. 2 of them are unplayable. DISASTER, but I predicted Perez to the portal a week ago.

Expect St John’s and Kentucky hefe

Then why would you click on a thread clearly marked about WVU
Well Chachi WVU plays Pitt this season. So seeing an opponent that destroyed us last year crap the bed like this is of interest to me. As i said before, I just care that Pitt wins this year (against WVU) since you couldn't decipher that aspect of my comment

They are down to 8 scholarship players. 2 of them are unplayable. DISASTER, but I predicted Perez to the portal a week ago.

Expect St John’s and Kentucky hefe

Perez is significant. That makes 3 lost starters. This takes them out of NCAAT contention. I hope Jesse Edwards invests his salary wisely because he can name his spot but is choosing $$$

Perez is significant. That makes 3 lost starters. This takes them out of NCAAT contention. I hope Jesse Edwards invests his salary wisely because he can name his spot but is choosing $$$
Well I told you a week ago he would be in the portal and I’ve nailed every aspect of the WVU saga so not sure why you’d doubt me?

They are going to need every booster dollar available to buy out the football head coach and staff after next year as that turd of football team is going 6-6 at best

The “wall” he hit was getting WPIAL’d into being a full-time football player.

That had something to do with it. But he stoppes growing and didnt really mature physically from 9th to 12th. Same body. Same game. Same level. Still a good basketball player but even had he done bball only, he wouldnt have been Top 200 I dont think. For Pitt bball, he would have been a fall back option.

That had something to do with it. But he stoppes growing and didnt really mature physically from 9th to 12th. Same body. Same game. Same level. Still a good basketball player but even had he done bball only, he wouldnt have been Top 200 I dont think. For Pitt bball, he would have been a fall back option.
Yeah if a guy like him didn't develop an outside shot (he didn't) his BB ceiling is limited.

His football ceiling is limited too. Let’s be honest here, if he played at a powerhouse school like Central he goes HM but isn’t as good as a prospect as even a guy like Gonzales is. It’s not like he was Tyler Boyd or even Lamont Wade in HS

His football ceiling is limited too. Let’s be honest here, if he played at a powerhouse school like Central he goes HM but isn’t as good as a prospect as even a guy like Gonzales is. It’s not like he was Tyler Boyd or even Lamont Wade in HS

Yea, really overrated and WVU way overpaid

Weird. Any insight on why WV changed their plans 🤔?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT