ADVERTISEMENT

WVU disaster details

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Are so insane I can’t believe it’s being allowed by the fan base. What is going on there is an absolute nut job that you wouldn’t see at the WPIAL level.

Imo it is all a plot to put Huggins back in place next year and fire Gordon Gee.

Reactions: singregardless
Are so insane I can’t believe it’s being allowed by the fan base. What is going on there is an absolute nut job that you wouldn’t see at the WPIAL level.

Imo it is all a plot to put Huggins back in place next year and fire Gordon Gee.

A 1 year suspension seems reasonable.

You can never underestimate the depths of insanity and stupidity that wvu would go to if they want something to go their way. This is just one example.

Huggs threw his weight to the boosters behind Eilert. He knows he’s a lightweight. He goes 2-16 in conference. Huggs “gets sober” loses weight and shows up at games. Gets president fired for not allowing rehab. Voila he’s head coach again

Huggs threw his weight to the boosters behind Eilert. He knows he’s a lightweight. He goes 2-16 in conference. Huggs “gets sober” loses weight and shows up at games. Gets president fired for not allowing rehab. Voila he’s head coach again
It would be easier for Huggs to just sit around, keep eating and drinking and getting fatter. He has plenty of money and doesn’t need the hassle.

Reactions: levance2

....at 71 years old.

....at 71 years old.
Why not? are they gonna get another coach that has won 900 games and is an icon there. They’re gonna be so bad the fan base will clamor for him back.

Larry Brown is taking another job at 82 or whatever. Age doesn’t mean anything in hoops.

Also, they’re offering BIGGGGGG $ to our old pal Ithiel Horton.

Reactions: F.Hoopies
Why not? are they gonna get another coach that has won 900 games and is an icon there. They’re gonna be so bad the fan base will clamor for him back.

Larry Brown is taking another job at 82 or whatever. Age doesn’t mean anything in hoops.

Is Ithiel Horton really worth big $?

It seems like the smartest move as a college grad hooper is to just wait until like July to enter portal and schools are so desperate they throw ridiculous money at you

It seems like the smartest move as a college grad hooper is to just wait until like July to enter portal and schools are so desperate they throw ridiculous money at you
Like you said, he’s worth big $ in July. It’s a dangerous game to play from a roster management perspective to start breaking the bank in July when you maybe didn’t break the bank for guys who are better in April, but Horton’s probably one of the best available players right now.

If they are still spending big money to try and lure good players, then wouldn’t that blow up this plan if they have a successful season.

This would be Hortons 3rd transfer how does he still have eligibility left ? And how would he get a waiver?

They have only lost Mitchell and Touissant. Its an NCAAT team as of their current roster at the moment. Kriisa, Edwards, the Montana State guy, etc.

This would be Hortons 3rd transfer how does he still have eligibility left ? And how would he get a waiver?
He’s a sixth year. He redshirted his first year here when he was a sit-out transfer. Pitt to UCF was his immediate eligibility transfer, and I presume he’s graduated from UCF and can grad transfer now.

Wait, what is going on in this thread?

1) I can't imagine Huggins, at his age and net worth, cares enough to concoct such an elaborate plan. Guess we'll see.

2) If WVU was truly a national championship contender, how are they going to be that bad after losing only two players?

3) Big money for Ithiel Horton? Now that's just funny.

Wait, what is going on in this thread?

1) I can't imagine Huggins, at his age and net worth, cares enough to concoct such an elaborate plan. Guess we'll see.

2) If WVU was truly a national championship contender, how are they going to be that bad after losing only two players?

3) Big money for Ithiel Horton? Now that's just funny.

They arent. They are going from NC contendor to Sweet 16 contendor assuming they dont lose anymore. They are paying these guys too much money to have a mass exodus.

They arent. They are going from NC contendor to Sweet 16 contendor assuming they dont lose anymore. They are paying these guys too much money to have a mass exodus.

I just looked up Mitchell's stats... actually surprised he averaged 11.7 points/game and 30 min/game last year. I know he came off the bench against us. Still, it's not like he is Dwyane Wade or something.

I just looked up Mitchell's stats... actually surprised he averaged 11.7 points/game and 30 min/game last year. I know he came off the bench against us. Still, it's not like he is Dwyane Wade or something.

That's a big loss and they were a fringe NC contendor with him. Without him, a NC isnt possible but the Sweet 16, maybe Elite 8 is.

If they are still spending big money to try and lure good players, then wouldn’t that blow up this plan if they have a successful season.
They ain’t going into Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, Baylor, Texas etc and winning games with this staff. They’re still gonna lose the guys still in the portal and Perez will probably enter late if he graduates. They have 1.5 years of coaching experience on their bench. It’s akin to hiring NA’s staff to coach Duquesne next year

I’ve always thought Horton was out of his element in HM

That simply proves how desperate they are

Tons of irony

PPD ruins Pitt season for arresting Ithiel Horton for saying something mean to an officer.

PPD ruins WVU's season for properly arresting a drunken Bob Huggins.

WVU loses players due to PPD ruining its season so they backfill with a player whose previous team had its season ruined by the PPD.

Also, I dont know how you can fire a legendary coach who has done a ton of good there and go after Andy Kennedy, who has a DUI arrest and Ithiel Horton, who got into a physical altercation with a cop. This is what I mean about WVU. Their morals are so low so why fire Huggins?

They ain’t going into Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, Baylor, Texas etc and winning games with this staff. They’re still gonna lose the guys still in the portal and Perez will probably enter late if he graduates. They have 1.5 years of coaching experience on their bench. It’s akin to hiring NA’s staff to coach Duquesne next year

Did Everhart leave too?

Losing Horton alone couldn’t ruin anyone’s season. It would have had to be a season that was already in ruins.

And, again, before mocking WVU let’s see how their season goes. So far they haven’t lost very much. Sports is mostly the Jimmie’s and the Joe’s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT