ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Fans

Oct 25, 2021
They never disappoint. It's like they have a mutated gene or they skipped a stage in evolution or something. I think they are closer to certain animals than they are to humans in most of the other 49 states.

Porky, red-faced, ill-shaven, boisterous hicks. I can't think of another species that is so comfortable going into an opponents' territory and inciting so much obnoxious $hit.

I always find myself rooting harder against Penn State and Notre Dame, but no more. At least I can have a conversation with a Penn State fan. I've had so many negative experiences with these Fentanyl-gobbling Neanderthals that I'm done being indifferent toward them just because I know the living circumstances they have to return to once the game is over. F them all. That state should be treated like contained zombies in a horror movie: secure a perimeter around it and don't let them out.

Last edited:
They weren't quite as obnoxious as the previous game in Pittsburgh. Not as many and not nearly as many chants. Same result with them leaving disappointed.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
for sure there were less WVU fans than 2022.

For the ones that did show, I don’t know if it’s stupidity or bravery but many were openly agitating Pitt fans… on the T before the game, in the parking lots and tailgates, in the stadium. Even knowing them as a class of fans, I was surprised at some of the brazenness. Like I try to avoid conflict at away games, they were seeking it out. Wild.

for sure there were less WVU fans than 2022.

For the ones that did show, I don’t know if it’s stupidity or bravery but many were openly agitating Pitt fans… on the T before the game, in the parking lots and tailgates, in the stadium. Even knowing them as a class of fans, I was surprised at some of the brazenness. Like I try to avoid conflict at away games, they were seeking it out. Wild.

Way too many of them seek out confrontation. And today, at least in my area of the stadium, it seemed like too many Pitt fans were willing to go along.

And by confrontation I don't mean fights. But just instead of cheering for you team, feeling the need to get in the face of other fans just because they are rooting for a different team. We almost had a fight in our section, but fortunately cooler heads (on both sides) prevailed. And there was almost a fight in the concourse as we were leaving as well. That seemed to die down after some pushing and shoving, but why?

If we don't ever see them again it wouldn't bother me at all.

They never disappoint. It's like they have a mutated gene or they skipped a stage in evolution or something. I think they are closer to certain animals than they are to humans in most of the other 49 states.

Porky, red-faced, ill-shaven, boisterous hicks. I can't think of another species that is so comfortable going into an opponents' territory and inciting so much obnoxious $hit.

I always find myself rooting harder against Penn State and Notre Dame, but no more. At least I can have a conversation with a Penn State fan. I've had so many negative experiences with these Fentanyl-gobbling Neanderthals that I'm done being indifferent toward them just because I know the living circumstances they have to return to once the game is over. F them all. That state should be treated like contained zombies in a horror movie: secure a perimeter around it and don't like them out.

The thing about WVU fans is they truly live up to all stereotypes. As a whole, they are such an ugly group of people. Its really amazing what these folks look like. I mean, yea, you get people that look like that down in Fayettenam but generally speaking, people around here dont look like that. So fat and ugly. That said, didnt really have any issues 3 years in a row now. I'm in the donor seats so its 99% Pitt fans. There's like 10 WVU fans out of a few thousand in our section but of course they were the loudest and most obnoxious. Way louder than any Pitt fans. They were just being fans but every play meant the world to them so its just annoying.

They weren't quite as obnoxious as the previous game in Pittsburgh. Not as many and not nearly as many chants. Same result with them leaving disappointed.

More in 2022 but still not many in that game. Maybe 10K in 2022. Probably around 7000 today. Probably the worst they've traveled to a Brawl in decades, maybe ever.

Definitely a lot less of them. Nobody takes them seriously. And I can honestly say, I don't consider them a rival. And I don't know one person that does. I want pitt to win every game but if they lost today.... it was just another loss. I'm very indifferent to wvu

The thing about WVU fans is they truly live up to all stereotypes. As a whole, they are such an ugly group of people. Its really amazing what these folks look like. I mean, yea, you get people that look like that down in Fayettenam but generally speaking, people around here dont look like that. So fat and ugly. That said, didnt really have any issues 3 years in a row now. I'm in the donor seats so its 99% Pitt fans. There's like 10 WVU fans out of a few thousand in our section but of course they were the loudest and most obnoxious. Way louder than any Pitt fans. They were just being fans but every play meant the world to them so its just annoying.

Most of my issues with them today were during the walk to the seats and not in in actual seats. But it's every time. I've even had multiple issues with them outside the context of a football game (at a Sheetz on the way home from the Tennessee game in '21 and at a concert in Pittsburgh in '22 are two recent examples). They are cavemen.

Definitely a lot less of them. Nobody takes them seriously. And I can honestly say, I don't consider them a rival. And I don't know one person that does. I want pitt to win every game but if they lost today.... it was just another loss. I'm very indifferent to wvu
You know any Pitt fans? That's a rival.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
More in 2022 but still not many in that game. Maybe 10K in 2022. Probably around 7000 today. Probably the worst they've traveled to a Brawl in decades, maybe ever.
I won't play the numbers game, but there were way more than anyone would like to admit at both games. I sit on the home side and was looking to celebrate with Pitt fans after the game but nearly everyone around me was a WVU fan and got up to leave after Pitt scored.

wvu fans are 100 percet cooler than middle of the state fans...
you can hang with wvu fans.
I totally agree. The ones that I have met in my life that went WVU are totally cool. They were some of the nicest people I ever met, including a former player. The ones that didn’t is another story…

I haven’t met one PSU fan that I really liked. They are arrogant and snobby in some cases.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
WVU fan here. I wasn't at the game so I can't say anything about how our fans that attended behaved or misbehaved. What we saw today was another example of why we need to continue one of the oldest and best rivalries in all of college football and more proof that it both sides should do everything they can to make sure the rivalry never dies. Congrats on the win.

that video is 20 years ago. everyone ages.
that pitt fan is alone.... he needs friends.... no barring on life or footall whatsoever

I had zero run ins or negative issues with them today. Had a group right beside me. Cordial. Cheered for their team. No esp. Nice guys.

Now leaving the stadium we saw a couple trying to fight people. We saw during the game wvu on wvu fight. But it seemed much more tame this year. As with everything it's all perspective as to where you are at.

I won't play the numbers game, but there were way more than anyone would like to admit at both games. I sit on the home side and was looking to celebrate with Pitt fans after the game but nearly everyone around me was a WVU fan and got up to leave after Pitt scored.
Were your legs broken? You couldn’t walk to other Pitt fans?

Not to mention plenty of yellow seats.

Some rivalry.

He’s not even a Pitt fan. Does the same thing everywhere, he did Ohio State-Michigan last year too, lol
He is a tik tok youtuber named snarp. His gimmick is to troll opposing fans and try to start something with them. It's maybe funny at first but gets pretty redundant.

Now that said, if he ever went to state college and just did anti paterno trolling, it would be epic. He would definitely be killed but he would get the clicks

I always find myself rooting harder against Penn State and Notre Dame, but no more. At least I can have a conversation with a Penn State fan. I've had so many negative experiences with these Fentanyl-gobbling Neanderthals that I'm done being indifferent toward them just because I know the living circumstances they have to return to once the game is over. F them all. That state should be treated like contained zombies in a horror movie: secure a perimeter around it and don't let them out.
This is the reason I did not buy any season tickets this year. I have had season tickets for 37 years, but after the last home game with WVU I called it quits. I'm not going to the game to be pushed and shoved and called names. I have gotten so tired of that, very tired.
I'm 74 years old and don't need their fans running through the parking lots yelling at us, throwing trash and trying to get in your face?
That's a lot of fun? Not in my book.
I wrote the administration about what happened. Apparently they just laughed it off as 'college football'.
After 37 years of season tickets I didn't receive one phone call or letter asking why we dropping the tickets. Not one.
Soooo.........

This is the reason I did not buy any season tickets this year. I have had season tickets for 37 years, but after the last home game with WVU I called it quits. I'm not going to the game to be pushed and shoved and called names. I have gotten so tired of that, very tired.
I'm 74 years old and don't need their fans running through the parking lots yelling at us, throwing trash and trying to get in your face?
I wrote the administration about what happened. Apparently they just laughed it off as 'college football'.
After 37 years of season tickets I didn't receive one phone call or letter asking why we dropping the tickets. Not one.
Soooo.........
Get what you’re saying. It does tip the scale to not fun. But I expected that one to be awful after not playing them in so long and an 8p start. I think most old timers saw that one coming.

Soooo.........

I agree. They take a weird pride in acting like untamed animals. It's not just a rivalry thing. They're sloppy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT