ADVERTISEMENT

Yacine Diop

She was the only legit, better than average ACC level player on the team...IMO.
The new coach as some players back but has a major recruiting challenge in
front of him.
I have no idea what's available recruiting wise in the world of women's college
Bball, but he needs immediate help from the class of 2018, and needs to
seriously rebuild with the class of 2019. Not too unlike the men's program
here at Pitt.

She was the only legit, better than average ACC level player on the team...IMO.
The new coach as some players back but has a major recruiting challenge in
front of him.
I have no idea what's available recruiting wise in the world of women's college
Bball, but he needs immediate help from the class of 2018, and needs to
seriously rebuild with the class of 2019. Not too unlike the men's program
here at Pitt.
She seems to have the proper rap sheet, errr resume, for a program like the ‘Ville.

Yacine will fit in well with the Louisville style of play. She was fun to watch. I agree that with her gone, the team is now left with a couple decent - but inconsistent - stand-still shooters, and that’s about it.

Suzie’s inability to bring in any post players was sad and mind-boggling...

Go Pitt.

I think she got suspended for an incident with an air-gun or some nonsense like that.

Really? I know nothing about it. Only what I saw of her on the court....the basketball
court. LOL

Yeah - it was really just a joke. I don't think it was all that serious of an incident, but I recall reading about an arrest at some point over something odd.

She was fun to watch.

In large part because you never knew what she would do. On one possession she might dribble through all five members of the opposing team and hit a ridiculous off balance shot, and then on the following possession she was just as likely to dribble the ball off her leg while being essentially unguarded.

The people here who complained about the low basketball IQ of some of the men's players last season would love, I mean just love, watching Yacine Diop play the game.

Reactions: PHATWOOD
In large part because you never knew what she would do. On one possession she might dribble through all five members of the opposing team and hit a ridiculous off balance shot, and then on the following possession she was just as likely to dribble the ball off her leg while being essentially unguarded.

The people here who complained about the low basketball IQ of some of the men's players last season would love, I mean just love, watching Yacine Diop play the game.

She's a great player and will do well at Louisville.

She's a great player and will do well at Louisville.

I don't doubt she will do well at Louisville. But she has the same problem as a lot of recent Pitt players. She is extremely loose with the basketball. She doesn't have a very high basketball IQ. But she has wondrous athletic ability, and sometimes that's more than enough.

McConnell turned out to be a train wreck.

Yes. Had a good initial season with a future WNBA point guard she inherited and a senior volleyball player she found who could rebound and block shots. Was never able to recruit either a good point or a good center. Every team thereafter was weak at those two most important positions.

Reactions: MajorMajors
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT