ADVERTISEMENT

You’re random Pitt YouTube Highlight for this evening…

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Just watch this clip - I don’t think I ever saw this before.

1) How unbelievably late was that buzzer beater.

2) Nice to see Evans didn’t learn anything from the Goheen game.

I still want to find the Pitt-Miami game where Hamilton didn’t put a team on the floor and Pitt tied the game on an uncontested layup. That’s the holy grail of Pitt clips - literally no one has it.
Pitt - UNO

I still want to find the Pitt-Miami game where Hamilton didn’t put a team on the floor and Pitt tied the game on an uncontested layup. That’s the holy grail of Pitt clips - literally no one has it.
Pitt - UNO
1) Definitely after the buzzer
2) Good point - he didn’t learn his lesson.

Was that the Miami team that had Constantin Popa? That was one tall, goofy looking dude.

Reactions: bwh05

Pitt - UNO
Jerry McCollough with the basket?

In the Miami game? It was either McNeal to McCullough or McCullough to McNeal. I remember Antoine Jones had a big bucket for the win as well.
Correct. Leonard Hamilton still had his team in the huddle and the refs handed Pitt the ball which they inbounded to Jones for the go ahead points.

Reactions: rockypanther
Correct. Leonard Hamilton still had his team in the huddle and the refs handed Pitt the ball which they inbounded to Jones for the go ahead points.
I could’ve sworn it was McCollough that made the basket off the out of bounds play, but I trust your memory more than mine. Maybe McCollough was the inbounder on the play.

So, I looked it up.

It was actually McCullough who scored the layup when Miami was still at their bench. And then McCullough strips Miami on the next play, passes ahead to Antoine Jones for the game winning layup.

I so want to see that clip. Someone, somewhere must have it. When you Google it, literally a childrens book called “Wackiest Sports Stories” comes up lol, that’s how crazy an ending it was. It would literally break Twitter if that happened today.

i thought that Miami incident was offensive; it wasn't sporting and encapsulated what a jerk Evans was.

I could’ve sworn it was McCollough that made the basket off the out of bounds play, but I trust your memory more than mine. Maybe McCollough was the inbounder on the play.
That’s my memory too- McCollough made the layup.

Pitt - UNO
UNC gets Michael Jordan. Pitt gets Gandhi Jordan.

i thought that Miami incident was offensive; it wasn't sporting and encapsulated what a jerk Evans was.

Huh?

Are you saying that instead of inbounding the ball and scoring the basket Evans should have instructed his players to stand there and take a five second violation? Or inbound the ball and then just all stand around and wait for Miami to come out and play, while the clock was ticking down?

I can't imagine anyone had a clock on it, but given what we have seen over the years on how much leeway officials give teams coming out of timeouts, how long after Miami was supposed to have come out on the court did it have to be for the officials to finally say, well, the heck with it, if they aren't going to come out of the huddle then we are going to give the ball to the opponent and let them score?

Reactions: bwh05
So, I looked it up.

It was actually McCullough who scored the layup when Miami was still at their bench. And then McCullough strips Miami on the next play, passes ahead to Antoine Jones for the game winning layup.

I so want to see that clip. Someone, somewhere must have it. When you Google it, literally a childrens book called “Wackiest Sports Stories” comes up lol, that’s how crazy an ending it was. It would literally break Twitter if that happened today.

Thanks for getting it right!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT