ADVERTISEMENT

You Heard it Here First

Based on Pitts general trend...expect the offense to light it up against UCF while the defense lays an egg. 41-38 UCF

It's a bad matchup defensively, this is a game where the d has to hold them under 28 and hope the offense can actually score

UCF has the best offense that we will see all year, so one would expect UCF to put up a lot of points.
We should hold them to below 30. I only expect them to put up more because that's how things have gone recently. Defense is solid, need to finish tackles on the quick Florida kids. PSU was putting up lots of points as well.. 17 on Pitt. Including 1 garbage touchdown from missed tackles and their longest fg in school history.

I like our pass defense but I think their ground game wears down our line by the second half. And their D is good, especially against the pass. I think this game will come down to is being able to run the ball which, for some reason, I think we do a little bit better at. I say we fall 28-21. I'd love to be wrong though.

Reactions: blair10
If ever there was a game in our schedule where we desperately need to run the ball and burn clock,

This is the game.

Our D is good but with no help running the ball we are in for a long day.

Unless our D starts pulling some turnovers.....and admittedly we are due....this is not a good matchup.

Reactions: bubba31
Not flaming but we scored 45 last year, you think we score 14 this year?
Penn St scored 51 last year, 17 this year. UCF has a true freshman QB playing his first legit road game. Pitt has a D that has put a beating on every QB it has faced.

It isnt likely to hold UCF to 14 points, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility either

We should hold them to below 30. I only expect them to put up more because that's how things have gone recently. Defense is solid, need to finish tackles on the quick Florida kids. PSU was putting up lots of points as well.. 17 on Pitt. Including 1 garbage touchdown from missed tackles and their longest fg in school history.

They scored 30+ in 29 straight games. UCF is really really really good

UCF isn't a good matchup for the vast majority of teams. There is only a select few who can adjust and play well against them. So the notion of Pitt gettin blown out really doesn't concern me. Now if they let up 31 points against Delaware, different story.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
UCF is a hell of a lot better than PSU. I just don't see us beating them. We'll score some points, probably none in the second half as Narduzzi and his staff don't make halftime adjustments. UCF's defense is at least as good as PSU's and their offense is light years better than PSU's. If our defense can hold them to under 14 points, we have a chance.

UCF is a hell of a lot better than PSU. I just don't see us beating them. We'll score some points, probably none in the second half as Narduzzi and his staff don't make halftime adjustments. UCF's defense is at least as good as PSU's and their offense is light years better than PSU's. If our defense can hold them to under 14 points, we have a chance.
Their offense is, but PS has a better ST and Defense.

Penn St scored 51 last year, 17 this year. UCF has a true freshman QB playing his first legit road game. Pitt has a D that has put a beating on every QB it has faced.

It isnt likely to hold UCF to 14 points, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility either

I know this may be hard for you to accept but UCF is better than PSU. A lot better. That true Freshman just put up 45 points on Stanford in basically 2.5 quarters while our coach was still trying to push the offense.

Also our defense was a mash unit thrown together last year and we held Pitt to 14 points. Our defense this year is night and day better across the board.

Our D is playing well and should keep the game in hand with the question being ...... can we score?

I agree. The defense will play tight until the end. Similarly if the offense clicks id imagine the D will have a chance to win it at the end. This defense is solid and was only overshadowed based on the boneheaded decision yesterday.

I know this may be hard for you to accept but UCF is better than PSU. A lot better. That true Freshman just put up 45 points on Stanford in basically 2.5 quarters while our coach was still trying to push the offense.

Also our defense was a mash unit thrown together last year and we held Pitt to 14 points. Our defense this year is night and day better across the board.
Stanford's defense is far inferior to Pitt's and that true freshman wont be playing in the cozy comfort of his home stadium.

Second, UCF's defense is inferior to Penn St's, and Pickett threw for 372 yards. You seem to be basing your opinion of this game based on last year. Terrible mistake. This is far from that Pitt team.

They are a better team without Wimbush, guy was going to be exposed as unable to throw the ball with consistency against good defenses. Still think this is a close game.

Stanford's defense is far inferior to Pitt's and that true freshman wont be playing in the cozy comfort of his home stadium.

Second, UCF's defense is inferior to Penn St's, and Pickett threw for 372 yards. You seem to be basing your opinion of this game based on last year. Terrible mistake. This is far from that Pitt team.

Never heard of Heinz field being a crazy college environment

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Not flaming but we scored 45 last year, you think we score 14 this year?
Because I was at the USF game and saw your QB get his knee blown apart and then watched as the training staff destroyed his nerves.
You lost last year's QB, you won't be playing in an oven and our D is much better.
Ask the ER staff at Tampa General about what they found. The qb is lucky his leg works at all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT