ADVERTISEMENT

ZERO ESPN love for Pitt

SteelBowl70

Redshirt
Mar 12, 2016
Watched the last 10 minutes of UVA-UNC and then Duke-VT through halftime and they showed highlights of every other meaningful ACC game except Pitt and never showed the ACC standings or mentioned Pitt. But FSU perhaps stealing a bid by winning the ACCT was mentioned. Not that I’m surprised.

Watched the last 10 minutes of UVA-UNC and then Duke-VT through halftime and they showed highlights of every other meaningful ACC game except Pitt and never showed the ACC standings or mentioned Pitt. But FSU perhaps stealing a bid by winning the ACCT was mentioned. Not that I’m surprised.
The Duke-VT game showed the ACC standings several times.... and they mentioned Pitt as well and talked about Capel being coach of the year.

that hurts and its wrong.
This team is a unit, and that dunk from SIbande was my Top 10 Pitt dunks ALL TIME.

I've been watching various games all evening, including some halftime shows that showed Miami and UVA losing. Pitt hasn't been mentioned once. Not on ESPN or CBSSN. In the CBS Sports article that just came out highlighting today's winners and losers, Pitt is also not mentioned.

Reactions: PittPoker
I've been watching various games all evening, including some halftime shows that showed Miami and UVA losing. Pitt hasn't been mentioned once. Not on ESPN or CBSSN. In the CBS Sports article that just came out highlighting today's winners and losers, Pitt is also not mentioned.

That's the difference between being in the top 25 and not being in the top 25. All the networks pay attention to top 25 games. The national networks (meaning not the conference specific networks) give very little time to games between two non-top 25 teams, and when they do it's someone like Kentucky or North Carolina or Duke when one of those schools happens to be not ranked.

A non-ranked Pitt beating a non-ranked Syracuse might be a big deal to us, but it simply does not move the needle nationally on a day when there are 18 games involving ranked teams going on.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET RANKED JOE? This team is playing amazing. NET feeds NET. I will not explain it. You will not understand. HAILTOPITT! The traitor chant at the game today. I loved it
That's the difference between being in the top 25 and not being in the top 25. All the networks pay attention to top 25 games. The national networks (meaning not the conference specific networks) give very little time to games between two non-top 25 teams, and when they do it's someone like Kentucky or North Carolina or Duke when one of those schools happens to be not ranked.

A non-ranked Pitt beating a non-ranked Syracuse might be a big deal to us, but it simply does not move the needle nationally on a day when there are 18 games involving ranked teams going on.

I wouldn't expect the game to specifically be mentioned or highlighted, but I did expect us to at least be mentioned in the CBS Sports article. A shoutout to Capel, perhaps. Just a blurb about Pitt being in solo first heading into the final week of the regular season after the last 6 years I thought might happen.

CBS' Winners & Losers

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET RANKED JOE? This team is playing amazing. NET feeds NET. I will not explain it. You will not understand. HAILTOPITT! The traitor chant at the game today. I loved it
I was hoping for some "Judas" chants. Did that happen? It was hard to understand what was being said on tv.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET RANKED JOE?

We'll be ranked this week.

26 NC State got clobbered by Clemson today.
25 Texas A&M lost to Mississippi State today.
24 TCU lost earlier this week, but that was a close one against Kansas, so they might stay.
23 Iowa State lost two this week.
22 San Diego State is losing right now to New Mexico, although that game still has a ways to go.
21 Northwestern lost earlier this week.
20 Providence lost earlier this week, to a good UConn team on the road, but they did get clobbered.
19 Creighton lost twice this week, including to a not very good Villanova today.

24 TCU lost earlier this week, but that was a close one against Kansas, so they might stay.
22 San Diego State is losing right now to New Mexico, although that game still has a ways to go.
20 Providence lost earlier this week, to a good UConn team on the road, but they did get clobbered.
19 Creighton lost twice this week, including to a not very good Villanova today.
Villanova will continue to be dangerous with Moore back.

Reactions: jpklein

I can't even figure out how to check games beyond the top 25 on the ESPN App.
Now, that could be because I'm an idiot sometimes, but to your point. They don't make it obvious that u can see scores outside the top 25.
It is a very big deal.... for media, the news, and casual fans, and I think even for die hards psyches as is expressed on this board so adamantly

Basically, once in the top 25 you stay there. It's a joke. Look at Ohio state. Not in the top 25 but they receive votes.

I can't even figure out how to check games beyond the top 25 on the ESPN App.
Now, that could be because I'm an idiot sometimes, but to your point. They don't make it obvious that u can see scores outside the top 25.

If you are being serious, on the main scores page to the right of the sports heading there is a link for "See All". Click that for NCAAM and you go to a page with the top 25 scores. If you click at the very top where it says "Top 25" it will bring up a pull down menu with all of the conferences listed, as well as NCAA Division 1, which will bring up all the day's games.

Reactions: Drew1208

Would it surprise you if Clemson jumps us? They did beat a top 25 team on the road today; by daylight ... Clemson 24/Pitt 25?

All kidding and/or sarcasm aside, should Pitt not get into the Top 25 on Monday, I don't see it happening until we go 2-0 next week

If you are being serious, on the main scores page to the right of the sports heading there is a link for "See All". Click that for NCAAM and you go to a page with the top 25 scores. If you click at the very top where it says "Top 25" it will bring up a pull down menu with all of the conferences listed, as well as NCAA Division 1, which will bring up all the day's games.
Yeah I see that. And knew about that. But not exactly what I was talking about.
But u do have to find that...... and the top 25 is the default.
Just reinforcing that the top 25 psychologically is very important

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
the worst part of basketball is Do or Die......
you only get 1 loss. I like our shooters.
happy-gilmore-shooter-mcgavin.gif

Would it surprise you if Clemson jumps us? They did beat a top 25 team on the road today; by daylight ... Clemson 24/Pitt 25?

Yes, it would. They didn't get even one vote in either poll last week. There might be a few voters that put them ahead of us, but we have been on the voter's radar recently, and Clemson has not.

Joe, you love to reference everyone's net as to why Pitt is struggling. What is Ohio states net?

Actually I don't really refer to anyone's NET, other than to repeat over and over and over again that the NCAA does not select the teams for the tournament based on NET, and they do not seed the tournament based on NET.

But heading into today, Ohio State's NET was 71.

Edited to add, when did I ever say that Pitt was struggling?

These guys we have are special man , to turn around garbage to this is something amazing. I watched warmups, these guys dont miss.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
No mention of Pitt’s name one time on CBS Inside College basketball earlier tonight and their win over the Orange and them being in 1st place now with a chance to win the ACC regular season. It’s an absolute disgrace how poorly this Pitt team gets treated nationally.

It's sucks, but it is what it is. Ultimately, teams are going to be remembered for what they do in March.

It might actually be a good thing to go to the tourney with a chip on their shoulder and feeling disrespected

We're again not even mentioned by CBS. I realize this is likely just some goober living at his parents writing this stuff, but still.

The battle for first place on the last day of the ACC regular season doesn't make the list?

CBS' Games of the Week

Watching Duke and Nc State and can’t understand why NC state is assumed to be a lock when they will finish 12-8 and in 6th place if they don’t rally. No discussion of the ACC standings or the bigger picture of the league and ACC tourney including at halftime.

At this point it appears both State and Clemson aren’t going to help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT