ADVERTISEMENT

ZERO ESPN love for Pitt

Watching Duke and Nc State and can’t understand why NC state is assumed to be a lock when they will finish 12-8 and in 6th place if they don’t rally. No discussion of the ACC standings or the bigger picture of the league and ACC tourney including at halftime.

At this point it appears both State and Clemson aren’t going to help.
NC State fighting. Pulling within 2

Even the announcer implies the ACC is rigging it for UNC amd Duke.

She mentioned that Duke has 22 free throws tonight to NcSt's 6

And them mentioned that UNC shot 36 to NcSt's 12.
Lol

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Watching Duke and Nc State and can’t understand why NC state is assumed to be a lock when they will finish 12-8 and in 6th place if they don’t rally. No discussion of the ACC standings or the bigger picture of the league and ACC tourney including at halftime.

The guy on the Athletic who does their bubble watch said this morning:

"Um … are we sure NC State is going to get in this thing?"

"the more we look at this resume the more we think this team is closer to the bubble than its fans or even most ACC partisans might realize."

Reactions: Vader_Storm

I honestly don't understand all this hype for NC State either or for their coach. They just lost 4 of their final 7 games to finish in 6th place in the ACC. This loss should put to bed the thought that Kevin Keatts was in the discussion for ACC Coach of the year. They are 4 games plus the tiebreaker behind Pitt right now. They only have 2 quad 1 wins and 4 total road wins. And they have 10 Q4 wins, which is part of the argument that some people are trying to justify Pitt getting such a bad seed. I mean, there is nothing there at all with this team outside of the fact they have a top 45 net, big deal.

Lol
NC
I honestly don't understand all this hype for NC State either or for their coach. They just lost 4 of their final 7 games to finish in 6th place in the ACC. This loss should put to bed the thought that Kevin Keatts was in the discussion for ACC Coach of the year. They are 4 games plus the tiebreaker behind Pitt right now. They only have 2 quad 1 wins and 4 total road wins. And they have 10 Q4 wins, which is part of the argument that some people are trying to justify Pitt getting such a bad seed. I mean, there is nothing there at all with this team outside of the fact they have a top 45 net, big deal
I honestly don't understand all this hype for NC State either or for their coach. They just lost 4 of their final 7 games to finish in 6th place in the ACC. This loss should put to bed the thought that Kevin Keatts was in the discussion for ACC Coach of the year. They are 4 games plus the tiebreaker behind Pitt right now. They only have 2 quad 1 wins and 4 total road wins. And they have 10 Q4 wins, which is part of the argument that some people are trying to justify Pitt getting such a bad seed. I mean, there is nothing there at all with this team outside of the fact they have a top 45 net, big deal.
They for a lot of mileage from beating Duke by 24 early in the season. They probably need to win their first ACCT game to get in now and could end up in Dayton.

Reactions: Drew1208

Lol
Wonder how those secret rigging meetings go and how they are able to keep the refs from spilling the beans .... Must be a lot like The Firm...

The guy on the Athletic who does their bubble watch said this morning:

"Um … are we sure NC State is going to get in this thing?"

"the more we look at this resume the more we think this team is closer to the bubble than its fans or even most ACC partisans might realize."
ESPN's bubble watch dropped them from "Should be in" to "Work to do" after last night.

I love watching all the teams below us continue to drop games while we just show up and win (most of the time). We just need to do it one more time tonight.

Pitt could still finish 0-3 for a 21-11 final record (14-7 all ACC games) and out of the NCAAs.

ND game win is absolutely critical to guarantee a bid.
During Selection Sunday most of the comments are that they do not consider tournament play unless it takes the place of the bubble ranked teams like VT did last year to Dayton.

Wonder how those secret rigging meetings go and how they are able to keep the refs from spilling the beans .... Must be a lot like The Firm...
they aren't ACC refs...thats whats funny

12-8 and 6th place are irrelevant. Conference record doesn't even go on a team sheet in the committee meeting room.

I argue that it absolutely should...but I don't have a say.

ESPN's bubble watch dropped them from "Should be in" to "Work to do" after last night.

I love watching all the teams below us continue to drop games while we just show up and win (most of the time). We just need to do it one more time tonight.

The Athletic guy has us as "should be in". Win tonight and it's a stone cold lock.

This is a good Pitt team, despite what anybody who doesn't really follow them thinks. Just make the Tourney and then it's about winning not margin of victory and other statistical horsesh*t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT