ADVERTISEMENT

Names that have been thrown out so far for OC

while were waiting.......

maybe something, maybe nothing.

Alabama: Source tells FootballScoop, EMCC quarterbacks coach Clint Trickett is joining the Alabama staff.

Steel, who do you think is going to be the guy? I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be a MSU guy.

Steel, who do you think is going to be the guy? I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be a MSU guy.
Odds are Narduzzi has his guy, but isn't announcing until after signing day.

I'm trying to think why it hasn't been announced and how that relates to who it could be. I also look at Narduzzi's record of hiring other P5 OCs.

In theory it could be a Patriots or Falcons coach. I really doubt that. Don't think that's Narduzzi's style. Matt LaFleur, the Falcons QB coach, could be a name. Still don't think it will be an NFL coach.

That leaves college coaches that for whatever reason can't be announced until after signing day. Maybe it's a big name who is involved in recruiting? Maybe wishful thinking on my end. Also with today's news of Wes Beschorner leaving for Rice, I assume the new guy will have to have QB coach experience.

I don't think Narduzzi would wait to announce the hire if it's a group of five OC or power 5 position coach. I'm ruling out Napier and Azzanni.

That leaves power 5 OCs. Not saying I would approve of all these names, but here's my list:

Jonathan Smith (UW)
Scott Loeffler (BC)
Randy Sanders (FSU)
Eli Drinkwitz (NC State)
Mike Yurcich (Ok St): less likely since he seemed to have interest in the Auburn job recently
Doug Nussmeier (Florida)
Andy Ludwig (Vandy)

Damn, I really hope it's not Loeffler or Sanders. Drinkwitz or Yurcich style doesn't fit with what Narduzzi wants to do. I would like Yurcich as he would bring an exciting offense but it won't happen.

I've heard of all the other guys you mentioned, just don't know as much Smith or Ludwig.

Damn, I really hope it's not Loeffler or Sanders. Drinkwitz or Yurcich style doesn't fit with what Narduzzi wants to do. I would like Yurcich as he would bring an exciting offense but it won't happen.

I've heard of all the other guys you mentioned, just don't know as much Smith or Ludwig.
I wouldn't want the first two either.

Well he hired Canada away from NC State, so stylistically I think Drinkwitz would be a fit. He came from Boise when he replaced Canada and the Boise offense is very in line with what Narduzzi seems to want.

Smith is a young OC at Washington. West Coast guy at a premier program right now. Hard to realistically see him at Pitt, but he fits the profile of a coach that we may have to wait to announce.

Ludwig is a veteran OC. It would be embarrassing if we had to wait to signing day to announce a coach from Vanderbilt, but he is one of the few non-spread OCs so I put him on the list.

No inside info on any of these guys. The list of realistic P5 OCs isn't that long. Scratch off the ones hired this off-season. Scratch off the ones who stink. Scratch off the really elite ones. Scratch off the true spread guys.

After that you're left with a small group.

I don't think it will be any of those names listed above,I think it will be one of the names that the media has mentioned

I don't think it will be any of those names listed above,I think it will be one of the names that the media has mentioned
Because the media had Chaney and Canada...

I'm not saying I'll nail the prediction, but Narduzzi keeps these things under wraps.

At this point every possible name has pretty much been mentioned because it's been so long. I'm sure someone will be able to look back and say they had it.

Yeah, that is why I started this thread in the first place. The first two times, we didn't guess the guy. This time, we will see soon. Hopefully the other school will give us permission to announce before our spring game....

Alabama apparently hired another coach to give them at 11 next year apparently after reading threw twitter,someone mentioned on of their offensive coaches could be moved to WR coach

It could be Napier but I'm not convinced of this yet. Maybe the delay is because it's a MSU guy.

Alabama apparently hired another coach to give them at 11 next year apparently after reading threw twitter,someone mentioned on of their offensive coaches could be moved to WR coach
I believe they have 9 right now. Kiffin and Cristobol left and Sark and Locksley came in.
Trickett will be a GA.

Here's an article from today where Saban says he doesn't expect any more staff moves. He doesn't actually say that as he says he doesn't know what some guys are thinking.

Still I don't think anything is definite on Napier leaving.

He's going to be a GA for them. At first sites listed him as being hired by Bama, later on those sites updated it and have him listed as a GA.

while were waiting.....

now staffs are hiring creative directors...

Alabama assistant director of graphics Matt Lange will join the Texas staff as creative director. Lange had been at Alabama since 2013.
That is why it is so hilarious people have posted on here the administrative description for a "recruiting coordinator" and thought that is what Billy Napier was doing at Alabama. They have a team (not a person, a team) dedicated to graphics for the football team. Still, some people think Billy Napier is coordinating flights, cars, and name cards for recruits.

I'm with ya Rip, you have to be a complete knucklehead to think that Napier is coordinating flights, cars and name cards for recruits. Napier is NOT doing administrative work.

That is why it is so hilarious people have posted on here the administrative description for a "recruiting coordinator" and thought that is what Billy Napier was doing at Alabama. They have a team (not a person, a team) dedicated to graphics for the football team. Still, some people think Billy Napier is coordinating flights, cars, and name cards for recruits.

Reactions: Jpripper88
while were waiting......

one more thought on napier, if he's not the guy, i think many on here are going to be disappointed with the oc hire. even if they don't admit it on these boards.

Reactions: VJJPUNISHER
while were waiting......

one more thought on napier, if he's not the guy, i think many on here are going to be disappointed with the oc hire. even if they don't admit it on these boards.
I would be fine with Napier or Brad Salem.

In my opinion Salem would be a disaster. It would also raise some eye brows how committed Pitt really is in winning a championship.

If Pitt is truly offering a million a year for a OC. They would have coaches chomping at the bit to coach here. Throw in the fact Narduzzi allows full fledge freedom to the OC to do his thing. Something a lot of coaches do not let happen

Reactions: VJJPUNISHER
a lot of coaches follow other coaches.

let me ask you a question. narduzzi is treating this search like fort knox. if he's trying to keep it a huge secret, don't you think he would tell napier or anyone else not to do anything that would tip people off before the announcement.

I still say it is Napier. Why would he follow Pitt coaches on Twitter??

let me ask you a question. narduzzi is treating this search like fort knox. if he's trying to keep it a huge secret, don't you think he would tell napier or anyone else not to do anything that would tip people off before the announcement.
Napier followed Pitt coaches awhile back when it first came out, and then stopped.

no thats good. i just didn't remember anyone that you didn't like.

Yes - I do not like the idea of Van Pelt, Nussmier, Warriner, or Dooley. I would have to reread the entire thread, but those are 4. Do u need more?

Because Narduzzi likes to throw out hints on Twitter. Like yesterday with Pooh to Pitt.

While we're waiting......

A recruiting thought. Last weekend Bryan visited, the SC verbal. Prior to the visit there was all kinds of sites predicting him to Pitt. There was even a thread here on who was better between him, Sibley and Davis. That visit has come and gone, with no verbal. He's visiting Iowa this weekend. Just a gut feel here but I think Narduzzi thinks he's going to land AJ Davis who he has rated higher than Bryan.

jeff thomas, the MVP from the UA game that he and ford played in, thomas might end up at Miami. there was some talk about him on this board after the UA game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT