ADVERTISEMENT

Names that have been thrown out so far for OC

while were waiting......

Clemson paid out a nice chunk of change for winning the NC. 2.8 million in staff bonus, it was worth it.

That’s more than Indiana, Oregon State, West Virginia, Colorado and lots more Power 5 programs paid their assistant coaches for the entire season.

While were waiting.......

All that Napier steam. Cross him off the list, fraud hired him. He didn't even wait until after LOI.

My guess - a MSU guy.

If it's Salem from MSU it will go against what PN has been saying,the offense will be completely different,MSU doesn't run anywhere the same type of offense,unless he's just giving the job to our Salem

At this point it wouldn't shock me,theirs no one out their that even comes to mind or we're getting that's going to cost much at all,at this point I don't really think PN found a guy I think he's probably in a wait and see mode

While were waiting......

Looks like we offered that Robert McWilliams kid really late. Now, were competing against mcneese state, FAU and Fresno state in the last recruiting weekend.

Couple reasons Narduzzi is waiting on the OC:

a. candidate is in the NFL, LaFleur?

b. candidate is a big time Power 5 OC with a buyout that drops after LOI day.

c. Narduzzi is being respectful to MSU.

d. Narduzzi doesn't have his guy yet.

I don't think it's d and I'm really hoping it's not c.

Reactions: Piranha
While were waiting......

piranha threw Lefleur into the mix. i don't think that has any chance of happening.

While were waiting......

piranha threw Lefleur into the mix. i don't think that has any chance of happening.
You mean this guy? He'd be good since he has connections with Canada so that must mean Matt Canada right? Any body associated with Canada will work?
AABH028~Guy-Lafleur-Posters.jpg

Reactions: TheNoise88
while were waiting.......

are we going to land AJ Davis? a lot of the services think so. narduzzi prefers him over bryant. charlie strong the new coach at Usf is now involved, along with the Ville. many on here thought davis might go to Unc, as of now, they are not even in the mix.

its interesting that bryant is going to make his decision before davis. since we missed on some other big ones(not rb's), would we take both bryant and davis? most on this board will say no, but stranger things have happened. next year at RB, there are carries to be had.

All of this OC speculation is a complete waste of time....so is the worrying that goes with it...and all the wondering what it means too.
Not that there is anything wrong with speculating. I just think in a few days, the new OC will be announced, and we'll all say "Oh." The person hired and the story that goes with it will bear little resemblance to all that has been guessed. Just like every other hire that PN has made.

Who knows with davis,I get the feeling he wants to stay home,and their I guarantee Pitt wants 2 backs,everyone is just assuming we do

while were waiting........

someone else has thrown Uremovich into the OC mix.
He has been in the mix, but I don't think it will be him.

With Napier out, although I never thought he was a choice, Zach Azzanni WR coach at Tennessee now appears to be the assistant coach people are keeping an eye on.

I don't know why we couldn't hire him right away, but who knows. Don't think it will be him, but just another name people are keeping an eye on.

While we're waiting.....

Hopefully it will not be long now for the OC. Hopefully the new OC isn't tired from the years end and wants to take a 4 week vacation before starting. The sooner the players get the playbook in their hands, the better. Also, to see what/if any defensive changes are made.

While we're waiting.....

Hopefully it will not be long now for the OC. Hopefully the new OC isn't tired from the years end and wants to take a 4 week vacation before starting. The sooner the players get the playbook in their hands, the better. Also, to see what/if any defensive changes are made.
Well, if we hear correctly, whoever he is, he's hustling his tail off recruiting for his current school (so critical to their effort that they couldn't bear to have his name released before loi), or he's such an integral part of the staff of one of the two SB opponents that Atlanta or NE couldn't bear the pain and distraction it would cause for a nondescript position coach's departure to be discovered before the Big Game.

That hard work and subterfuge makes a guy tired, you know. A long vacation seems in order. If Pitt could avoid paying him just that much longer, even better.

Sorry, can't resist the snark, but this is just, so, ... SOP. Anyway, love the "while we're waiting" jabs ... please keep it going. Though not all the way up to spring practice (or beyond) we hope...

Well Vuk is boasting on Twitter that he knows two of the three finalists. I believe Narduzzi has had his guy for awhile and just waiting to announce after LOI day. Don't think there are currently finalists, but whatever.

Based on his and Harry's Twitter follows, Azzanni and Watson could be names. Maybe that's why @Piranha mentioned Watson earlier.

I personally don't want Watson. He was a disaster at Texas and you can look up stories about how he was toxic in offensive staff meetings.

While were waiting......

2 things are going to happen, eventually

1. These final recruits have to put their cards on the table
2. Narduzzi has to put his cards on the table

While were waiting......

2 things are going to happen, eventually

1. These final recruits have to put their cards on the table
2. Narduzzi has to put his cards on the table
If Thomas, Twyman, and Davis want to sign then they have spots. What cards are u talking about?

While were waiting.......

It's not Napier, even if he did start following Narduzzi on twitter.....

I dig some digging and you appear to be correct on Watson. He's been coaching for a long time but his arrow seems to be pointing in the down position. One thing i read about him in multiple places, when he was a OC, he was always trying to prove he was the smartest person in the room. He was a disaster at Texas.

I'm with you steel city, hope we don't go this direction.

Well Vuk is boasting on Twitter that he knows two of the three finalists. I believe Narduzzi has had his guy for awhile and just waiting to announce after LOI day. Don't think there are currently finalists, but whatever.

Based on his and Harry's Twitter follows, Azzanni and Watson could be names. Maybe that's why @Piranha mentioned Watson earlier.

I personally don't want Watson. He was a disaster at Texas and you can look up stories about how he was toxic in offensive staff meetings.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
If Watson comes in and I want to emphasize that's a big if it will be QB coach only.

I dig some digging and you appear to be correct on Watson. He's been coaching for a long time but his arrow seems to be pointing in the down position. One thing i read about him in multiple places, when he was a OC, he was always trying to prove he was the smartest person in the room. He was a disaster at Texas.
I'm with you steel city, hope we don't go this direction.
Some background if I got the Right Coaches right:

Zach Azzanni
2001–2002
Bowling Green (GA)
2003–2006 Bowling Green (WR)
2007–2009 Central Michigan (WR)
2010 Florida (WR)
2011 Western Kentucky (OC)
2012 Wisconsin (WR)
2013-Present Tennessee (WR)
Urban Meyer hired Azzanni at Bowling Green as a graduate assistant when Meyer became the Falcons' coach in 2001.

In the past 10 years, Azzanni has been called a “relentless” recruiter by Urban Meyer. He has most notably been a staple in the recruiting areas of the state of Florida, in particular the Miami/Fort Lauderdale areas.
LINK:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Azzanni

Shawn Watson
1982 Southern Illinois (GA)
1983–1984 Illinois (GA)
1985 Illinois (TE/OT)
1986 Illinois (WR)
1987–1989 Miami OH (TE)
1990–1991 Miami OH (WR)
1992–1993 Miami OH (QB/RC)
1994–1996 Southern Illinois
1997–1998 Northwestern (QB)
1999 Colorado (QB)
2000–2005 Colorado (OC/QB)
2006 Nebraska (TE/RC)
2007–2010 Nebraska (OC/QB)
2011 Louisville (QB)
2011-2013 Louisville (OC/QB)
2014-2015 Texas (AHC/QB)
2016 Indiana (Quality Control - Offense)
2016-present Indiana (QB)
LINK:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Watson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT