ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - GT Game Thread

Is it ok to criticize Hallett for dropping 3 INTs? I mean, there’s a reason he is on defense, but on a night when no one made a splash play one of those would have turned this game on its end. Hell, if he picks off that first pass of the game Pitt probably wins 42-10

Those two fumbles didn’t help any. And the two dropped interceptions in the first quarter.

Wasn’t Pitt ahead at the time of the first fumble by 22?
Yeah, maybe if they had a decent offense and DBs with better hands, they could have been up by 22.

Unfortunately, even if Davis doesn’t fumble twice, it’s not likely that the offense moves the ball all the way down the field. They just did so many things poorly. Why they don’t pass more to Bartholomew early on in these games is beyond me.

While Slovis can throw a nice deep ball when he does get the pass off (I.e. when he’s not getting hit or having the ball batted down), it just doesn’t happen often. He held onto the ball way too long. Many of his short passes were under thrown or thrown into tight coverage when other receivers were open and he was afraid to air it out until it was all but too late.

I am sure Narduzzi will say” I am proud my players didn’t quit” but honestly the offense never even really started playing until the end. Just so much wrong - and to not use Bartholomew more is absurd.

Slovis can throw a nice deep ball when he does get the pass off (I.e. when he’s not getting hit or having the ball batted down).

If they had a have decent offense and DBs with better hands, they could have been up by 22.

Even if Davis doesn’t fumble twice, it is not likely the offense moves the ball all the way down the field. They just did so many things poorly.
Why they don’t pass more to Bartholomew early on in these games is beyond me.

While Slovis can throw a nice deep ball when he does get the pass off (I.e. when he’s not getting hit or having the ball batted down), it just doesn’t happen often. He held onto the ball way too long. Many of his short passes were under thrown or thrown into tight coverage when other receivers were open and he was afraid to air it out until it was all but too late.

I am sure Narduzzi will say” I am proud my players didn’t quit” but honestly the offense never even really started playing until the end. Just so much wrong - and to not use Bartholomew more is absurd.

Slovis can throw a nice deep ball when he does get the pass off (I.e. when he’s not getting hit or having the ball batted down).
Looks like the defense late quit.

Let's face it...Narduzzi nor Cignetti are getting fired any time soon. We're stuck with them for a while, which means we're stuck with these piss poor performances on a regular basis. Time for basketball season to start.

Let's face it...Narduzzi nor Cignetti are getting fired any time soon. We're stuck with them for a while, which means we're stuck with these piss poor performances on a regular basis. Time for basketball season to staYeah
Yeah the sad thing is that firing guys does them a very generous favor. Make them stay and earn every miserable penny. Pitt will be out of the football business within a decade anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT