ADVERTISEMENT

Some Info Over July 4th Weekend!

I very much enjoyed reading and sharing with Penn state Posters and Fans with the Pitt Fans and Posters giving their information that improved the thread together.

However, one and two Penn State Posters attempted to provide wrong information and Links as well as the Facts actually embarrass them and their misinformation and revealed they did not possess the full knowledge of what happen, what was reformed, and what is current situation at Penn State. It is up to them to find the character within themselves to acknowledge their mistakes that had to be corrected, and that is on them when they fail to do it and prefer ignorance and arrogance .

Now this does not apply to all and every Penn State Poster that posted and gave information and just has differing opinions.

Clearly, it is sad, but some of the Best and Most informed Penn State Posters seldom post on BWI and have been chased away by the PSU CULTists and that may be the case on BWI, but not on the Lair.

Lionlurker has contributed as far as I am concern on many subjects fairly and informatively, but was dead wrong on the NCAA Monitor not on Campus and then failed to acknowledge it and that includes Mitchell Successor that is being paid 43 million to continue monitor the Penn State Reforms under NCAA Sanctions.

BlueBand just outright was a Nittany Denier & Nittany Liar in an attempt to parse words and change the facts he could not refute from other Links, and that is is on him and his character?
No Captain, you are wrong, and won't admit it. You said every B1G school had an AIA except Penn State, prior to 2012. That is incorrect, and I provided proof of that. You have to understand what the AIA is, and what it is not, and reading the document I linked to is a great way to understand that. You also have not provided any proof I am wrong, or provided any proof that OSU or Michigan or Iowa or any other B1G school has an AIA as you claimed.

Obviously, you have set the narrative you want, and facts are irrelevant. You can say Paterno and Curley and Spanier are all guilty of covering up Sandusky AND admit that everything I wrote is true regarding the AIA, AIO and AIM at Penn State. Nothing there contradicts that belief.

I'm disappointed because you've usually been the closest thing to a voice of reason on this site in the past. I read it because I find it informative to get another viewpoint, another perspective. Opinions are one thing, facts are another. I'm not going to further engage with someone who won't even do basic reading and researching of the AIA. You could have said "I think I everyone involved at Penn State is guilty but I had my facts wrong on the AIA" and I would have been cool with that. Or provided proof (not opinion passed on as proof) that I was wrong with the facts I presented (with page numbers to make it easier). You did neither. Instead you go on and on about how I'm a denier, how Penn State is spending millions on George Mitchell--all while ignoring the point of the post. Sorry, that doesn't work with me.

I guess I expected too much on a fan board.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
BlueBand, post: 201894, member: 5962"]No Captain, you are wrong, and won't admit it. You said every B1G school had an AIA except Penn State, prior to 2012. That is incorrect, and I provided proof of that. You have to understand what the AIA is, and what it is not, and reading the document I linked to is a great way to understand that. You also have not provided any proof I am wrong, or provided any proof that OSU or Michigan or Iowa or any other B1G school has an AIA as you claimed.
Blueband, I doubled checked and I am with you on that issue now, but you are not entirely factually correct either, but enough to side with your facts, to be fair, in my opinion! I went back and checked the Headlines when NCAA & Big Ten Sanctions were given and AIA in the Big Ten. Clearly, none of the Big Ten College Presidents wanted to admit they were out of compliance as well, and Big Ten Delany tried to claim they were in Compliance with AIA except Penn State, but in fact Ohio State did not have AIA Officer until 2012. Even though the Big Ten Delany said all schools except Penn State were in Compliance that was not entirely true either. Delany got away with it, because before Penn State hired their AIA Officer in 2013, all Big Ten Schools made sure they had hired their own.

In my previous opinion, upon closer examination this was more Public Relations on Big Ten providing a brave face towards condemning Penn State and thus misleading the Media and Public to not be looking at the entire Conference and just blaming Penn State failures.This is where I must credit your facts after checking all Big Ten Schools same compliance and non-compliance.

In my opinion now, clearly there was piling on and finger pointing by the Big Ten at only Penn State. Yet, Penn State still deserved such criticism, as well in my opinion. However, I am in agreement with you on the AIA aspect whereby some Big Ten Schools went about quietly doing the same as Penn State but only Penn State was being singled out on not having an AIA (Until 2013) as other Big Ten Schools including OSU hired their first AIA Officer in 2012!

Now there was Big Ten Schools that did have Director of Ethics and Compliance and AIA Officers, but I still stand Corrected and agree with part of your posts too to avoid small quibbles, and prefer your view even if it was slightly incorrect since OSU hired one in 2012 and PSU in 2013. At the same time, this does not excuse Penn State for many failures of compliance either and not limited to the AIA. Penn State was by no means a bastion of following all rules, honor, and compliance, as Paterno-Spanier-Prior PSU Presidents Regimes tried to claim, but I agree with you neither was many other Schools and Football Programs. Clearly, there gross violations of (LOIC) Lack Of Institutional Control over Spanier not having Paterno under proper oversight. They were partners in non-compliance, cover-ups and crimes even as PAOAG Corbett gave Paterno and Spanier a pass until Freeh uncovered the crimes.

However, as I have always pointed out on the Lair to some critics here too that I respect but differ with many of them and that does not make them wrong by any means.....but Penn State did take corrective actions and put in Unprecedented Reforms that now has Penn State as a Model of Compliance pretty much better than most and any University in FBS, and I salute that too.

I think in some places Penn State is actually above compliance and may have to retract a few Reforms that touching upon Civil and Constitutional Liberties, but that is a debate already under way among faculty and just my own opinion.

I thank you for making me check this AIA aspect. Yet, I still disagree with you that the AIA Officer is temporary, it is permanent along with the Director of Ethics & Compliance, in my opinion!

Obviously, you have set the narrative you want, and facts are irrelevant.
Well, not with me and not on the Lair with me, I like corrections and factual admissions of mistakes, it is the only way to learn. I have no problem is saying when I am error either and thanking the Posters that showed me as I did above.

I checked the Facts and my above posts shows it and no question the Big Ten and schools like OSU were quietly not admitting they had problems with such compliance's either. The article I read and link below in 2012 was when President Gee said OSU was in full compliance and denied nothing but still hired the AIA was just another compliance plan on Gee's part???? Due to you, I came away thinking this was an underhanded way to say, Penn State University was not doing but Ohio State was doing it??? Therefore, I concluded you were correct even against President Gee after the facts remarks.

Link:
Ohio State Proposes Czar On Ethics Compliance!
Thursday February 9, 2012 6:29 AM
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/con...9/osu-proposes-czar-on-ethics-compliance.html

Now look when Penn State hired its AIA Officer?

LINK:
Penn State names athletics integrity officer
January 24, 2013

http://news.psu.edu/story/142843/2013/01/24/athletics/penn-state-names-athletics-integrity-officer

Additionally, you saying the PSU AIA Officer is just a Temporary Position is factually wrong as well! The AIA is permanent and the AIA requires an AIA Officer to oversee its implementations. The NCAA Monitor is still on board at Penn State making sure this happens. I expect you will admit that counting on your own honesty!

You can say Paterno and Curley and Spanier are all guilty of covering up Sandusky AND admit that everything I wrote is true regarding the AIA, AIO and AIM at Penn State.
I did not say that and more importantly I don't believe it that easily. I do believe Paterno was covering up many things about his Program not being the Clean Success With Honor, (More Puff Than Real Stuff), as he claimed prior to 1998 just like you said other schools in the Big Ten were not in full compliance either.

Paterno like any Coach used any advantage he could garner to win a game and promote the Penn State Program including The Second Mile and that was his competitive spirit. This is a problem of the Penn State Fanatical CULTists that think that perception is accurate and they are just outright wrong, and why the world will not accept an Honorable Paterno's Legacy.

Moreover, in 1998 when the first investigation took place it is my opinion and others can differ here and in the media, that all 4 were confused on what to do over allegations. This caused a flawed investigation and badly handled after Sandusky was cleared by the DA Gricar. Paterno did what I would have done not thinking the accusations were proven and just let Sandusky retire and do it without much fanfare but glad Sandusky is gone and the problem is solved. The need to respond to such accusations themselves could be harmful to the Program, and Sandusky did retire, so it would no longer be a Penn State problem. Nothing contradicts my belief in my opinion, and one way to end the relationship, but spanier stepped in and caused much more problems and not standing by but honoring Sandusky for some reason? I suspect it was still the Second Mile Money that caused this Debacle! However, in 2001, after McQueary allegation came out, this is where they all made a grave mistakes and especially Spanier in particular promoting and rewarding Sandusky Emeritus Status with Offices and thinking all Emails were erased. This is where the cover ups started, in my opinion. Spanier in my opinion is far more responsible for this Penn State Scandal Debacle and Non-Compliance than anyone else including Paterno!

The NCAA should have properly investigated Penn State Football Program way back in the 1980s and especially 1990s and would have been able to correct the problems at Penn State. The NCAA Compliance Office chose to follow the False Public Relations Scenario and they should have investigated and cited Penn State way back in 1996 with the Curtis Enis Incident and The Second Mile violations that were clever up by even Corbett as well as never investigating them properly due to the celebrities status and political campaign contributors. As stated, there was much good at Penn State Football under Paterno but there was much wrong at Penn State as well, and the Paterno's love to blame others saying Joe did his job when actually he helped cause much of this Scandal as well. Choosing to protect his job, the money, and false image over taking care of children's welfare and protection is not to be admired in anyway! PART II To Your Post Is Below:

Last edited:
PART II:
BLUEBAND SAID.I'm disappointed because you've usually been the closest thing to a voice of reason on this site in the past.
In all honesty, it is was and still is a confusing situation and facts were clouded in my opinion over Corbett's PAOAG Office working to put him in Governorship and they mishandled the Investigation on The Second Mile as much as Penn State. Yet, this still does not erase Paterno's manipulations of the his Program and his own mistakes of staying too long, and demanding control which he undoubtedly had in my opinion and paid the price for his secret sins of his own past self-promotion to build his program, that was built on larger than life self-promotion and unable to live up to that kind of legend.

BLUEBAND SAID, I read it because I find it informative to get another viewpoint, another perspective. Opinions are one thing, facts are another. I'm not going to further engage with someone who won't even do basic reading and researching of the AIA.
I did just that on vacation and I agree where I could with you and still differ on other aspects.

BLUEBAND SAID, You could have said "I think I everyone involved at Penn State is guilty but I had my facts wrong on the AIA" and I would have been cool with that.
I don't worry about what others say I could have said, I just say, and then respond. I always admired and respected the Penn State Program, University and Paterno as a Coach. I still think he is a great Coach and still a great University and Program and predicted they would not have a losing season even under sanctions just like USC even if the Sanctions lasted 4 years. I do not like to use All, Always, Never, and my only issues is with what is termed the Penn State Nittany Liars CULTists that worshiped at Paterno's Door and even Paterno did not agree with them either.

BLUEBAND SAID, Or provided proof (not opinion passed on as proof) that I was wrong with the facts I presented (with page numbers to make it easier). You did neither.
Well, you know otherwise now, I did check all the facts you gave, and I did find many Articles in media whereby all of a sudden President Gee decides an AIA Officer is suddenly needed in 2012 as well as a few other Big Ten Schools, whereby the Big Ten defended only Penn State was not in AIA compliance. I also agree that other FBS Schools did the same thing and used Penn State Reforms as a Model to do it. So, I stood with you and admitted my errors where I could!

None of that erases Penn State not being in compliance either until 2012, I might add, and may have to agree?

BLUEBAND SAID, Instead you go on and on about how I'm a denier, how Penn State is spending millions on George Mitchell--all while ignoring the point of the post. Sorry, that doesn't work with me.
I think you are mixing and matching some other posts in this thread. I do not think you are Denier because you admitted and showed where AIA was needed at Penn State University in 2012. By you providing those facts means you know Penn State University and Football Program needed to be put in such compliance on one hand.

At the same time, you were correct that how and why it was done and defended your first posts that other schools came late in doing it as well and that did turn out to be more accurate and I commended, agreed, and stood corrected, after I did a complete fact check and thanked you!

Also, there are still some Nittany Lion Posters like Lionlurker, (A Good BWI PSU Poster In My Opinion), but shaded and tried to mislead Lair Posters, that said the NCAA Monitor Mitchell is long gone, when that is an outright falsehood. Many other BWI Posters are doing the same thing on message Boards everywhere and they are just very ignorant and or intentionally quote wrong facts about the NCAA Agreement thinking all NCAA Sanction are still gone.

I posted how that was incorrect and Penn State is still paying $3 million for an NCAA Monitor. Yet, I still stand by statement that Penn State is Model of Compliance for all the FBS Schools today and many on the Lair that know more disagree with me too, and I respect that too! This is what a fair minded and proud Penn State Alumnus should be doing admitting mistakes and crimes were alleged and made, and now corrected as a Model for all Universities much as you do at times.

BLUEBAND
SAID
, I guess I expected too much on a fan board.
Naw, we are all just fans and love College Football and I know less today than I did yesterday as I grow older and no longer follow many aspects of CFB I once did. I enjoy being informed, corrected, and thankful you and other take the time to educate me when I am wrong. Where I agreed with you, the AIA that Penn State enter into also included the Big Ten Conference and that means the Big Ten had some cleaning up to do themselves not just Penn State? But Both!

So, comeback anytime and keep it up. Even if we agree to disagree you spoke with honest and integrity and if I said and posted anything you took offense to, I apologize. There are some from BWI that used different Nics (AKA Tratur, PnnyLion) and outright lie and you know that too, and offer nothing to any sharing of information.

I am going to be posting less and less too because I am very involved with going to and from Chicago these days and my following of CFB and all of FB is waning more than Awakenings. Soon, I may be gone for good on all messages boards like everything all good things come to an end!

Thank you again and post again, I enjoyed your posts very much and find them fair, even if we agree to disagree, you a good Poster, Fan, and added to the discussion!

Good Luck in 2015 too, Franklin is doing a great job at Penn State!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT