ADVERTISEMENT

The Steelers have given up

Every single offensive lineman should be released this off season. Well except Jones because of the super small sample size
Who cares. The same scouts have been bringing in garbage OL for 10 years. The whole thing needs blown up. The OL is just a symptom.

Reactions: jctrack
I must say that the defense allowing Gardner Minshew to take his team 74 yards in 22 seconds....with 44 seconds left in the half....didn't help

The funny thing is that he will complete a couple passes here now that the game is over and some people will say "see, he should have been playing all along!"
I think Rudolph throws the ball better than Trubisky, but his mobility is so limited their overall effectiveness is pretty much the same. I only see Pickett as being marginally better, but QB is not the biggest problem on this team.

Their only 2 legitimate stars (Watt and Fitzpatrick) are always either hurt or banged up, and their one team leader (Heyward) is at the end of the trail. In a league where the passing game is paramount the Steelers pass defense is horrible. They generated a lot of turnovers early in the year but turnovers are often cyclical and can’t be relied upon for any length of time.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better, there is too much dead weight on this team and it’s not the type of organization to just blow everything up and start over. Not only is it time for Tomlin to move on, he should WANT to move on. Guy still has enough of a reputation that he can land a good spot somewhere for a team that can win now. He has lost this group and a change of scenery can only help him.

20181225JWTomlinPresser08-5-1545930730.jpg

Hey Mike , why didnt you kick a FG ?

IDK...i forget..

LOL

i have a lifetime Job ...i do want I want.

I was thinking if things would have been different if Kevin Colbert had drafted Landon DIckerson instead of Pat Freiermuth.. I think an Pro Bowl caliber center would make all the difference for this OL. Issac Saumalo was really good in Philly when he had Jason Kelcey snapping the ball. We need somebody who can move bodies in the middle and not just snap the ball

Hoke is on the Extra Point making excuses as usual. According to him the Steelers must the the only team playing with backups and practice squad players. Maybe get rid of him too.

Don’t care about anything Roethlisberger has to say. He was a great player but a terrible leader. The team culture started to decay while he was still on the roster and it’s coming to a head this season.
Ben has legitimately some of the best commentary on the team and a terrific podcast.

I was thinking if things would have been different if Kevin Colbert had drafted Landon DIckerson instead of Pat Freiermuth.. I think an Pro Bowl caliber center would make all the difference for this OL. Issac Saumalo was really good in Philly when he had Jason Kelcey snapping the ball. We need somebody who can move bodies in the middle and not just snap the ball
That whole draft is our biggest problem and we will pay for it for a couple more years. I am optimistic with our most recent though.

Part of me feels bad more Mike T. I think he’s a quality man. Just an average coach who helped create this mess and now he’s in over his head.

Reactions: Dan1911
The Steelers need an entire coaching staff, O line , CB , a real WR1, ILB and a punter.

That’s fine. I just don’t really care what he has to say after watching his gigantic ego play a major role in the Steelers’ decline over the last decade.

Earlier this week he made some comment about how the players on the team aren't upholding the standard of the old Stillers and that the "linkage" to those old teams might be gone forever. And someone else pointed out that that's true, and it's also largely because of the guy who was supposed to be the team leader when some of these guys came to the team.

I wonder what that guy's name was? Started with an "R". Odd spelling, if I recall. Can't think of his name though at the moment.

Reactions: MorningCoffee13
Well you posted it for a reason. Was there a certain segment that we were supposed to watch or did you want everyone watching the entire podcast?
We need new opinions other than Mike Tomlin... His lame regime is over....
I think that was my original thought.
I have lots of thoughts sir.

We need new opinions other than Mike Tomlin... His lame regime is over....
I think that was my original thought.
I have lots of thoughts sir.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and I'd still love to know which segment of the podcast I should watch. 😂

I'd love to hear your thoughts and I'd still love to know which segment of the podcast I should watch. 😂
he drinks beer with his friend. he sometimes has good guests on....
he is a doucher but he is the last legacy of a champion in this city.
and i was too tired to see what he said about Miitch at the end.. beat it.

wait, im starting to think i wont last foreverr, and someday i will be gone.
It woud be nice to talk about PItt Football but we dont even know the roster...... wow
college football is so so, ass.

Man, I wish Addison would have slipped to that 1st pick in the 2nd round. Pickens & Johnson are zero's, Addison will be a real stud in the league, or at the very least more productive than these two. I'd take JuJu over them as well.

Although I'm still not ruling out winning 2 of the last 3, the Tomlin streak continues and then all is well in the Stiller universe. Especially if Pickett comes back there is a better chance of this happening. Heck, Tomlin would return and might even keep the interim OC as permanent next season.

I can promise you that this team isn’t winning 2 of the last 3. They lost any semblance of a pulse when Pickett went down.

Reactions: pittbb80
I can promise you that this team isn’t winning 2 of the last 3. They lost any semblance of a pulse when Pickett went down.
Yeah, this poor horse needs to be put down. It would be nice if we had a ranch hand with the balls to do it.

when boys are 12. i miss those days.
no one else does ?
oh didnt know it was the last post ? yikes..

They need to trade Pickens and Johnson. Perhaps the Bears would be stupid enough to trade their top pick for the Steelers' first rounder, Harris and Pickens or Johnson. Doubtful, but some teams are stupid.

If not then dump those two for the best picks they can get, and hope that you get the Washington WR in round 1.
If you think wr is the problem right nlw
Stop watching

I think Rudolph throws the ball better than Trubisky, but his mobility is so limited their overall effectiveness is pretty much the same. I only see Pickett as being marginally better, but QB is not the biggest problem on this team.

Their only 2 legitimate stars (Watt and Fitzpatrick) are always either hurt or banged up, and their one team leader (Heyward) is at the end of the trail. In a league where the passing game is paramount the Steelers pass defense is horrible. They generated a lot of turnovers early in the year but turnovers are often cyclical and can’t be relied upon for any length of time.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better, there is too much dead weight on this team and it’s not the type of organization to just blow everything up and start over. Not only is it time for Tomlin to move on, he should WANT to move on. Guy still has enough of a reputation that he can land a good spot somewhere for a team that can win now. He has lost this group and a change of scenery can only help him.
Mason can’t even complete a pass against a soft zone
He’s terrible

The other teams will be smelling blood like the Colts did last night, too.

Ben has legitimately some of the best commentary on the team and a terrific podcast.
Ben was never ever in his career voted team MVP by his teammates

So his thoughts on what leadership is missing in the lockerroom is really the pot calling the kettle black

He created the largest leadership void while sucking up the salary cap for a decade

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT