ADVERTISEMENT

1st Practice

Chescat

All Conference
Jul 5, 2001
Of course it's way to early to draw conclusions, but reports say that Capel used.
a 4-1 type of lineup in their first practice. I've posted on here before that we might see a
lineup of this nature because we are lacking inside. We can go with Browne inside
with four guard/wing types in the other positions. Our best players are guards and wings.
I expect to see a lot of pressure on D. A traditional pg, 2 guard, wing, power forward,
and Center
is IMO not the best for what we have on this team.
I'm also glad to hear that Chukuwaka was backing up Browne....about time! No way he
at 6'9'' should be outside firing up threes. My guess is, Capel has made it clear to
Chukuwaka that if he wants to see playing time, it's gonna be inside not on the outside.
If he can rebound and defend, he'll play. If he does those two things only, I'll be happy.
Suprised?...yes, but still very happy. LOL

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Surprising too to hear that Xavier Johnson was getting first team reps at PG and that Trey Mcgoewens was working with the second team. Capel said yesterday that Sidy Nadir was a little bit banged up, so maybe Xavier is just filling in for Sidy and that Sidy will start at PG when healthy. I imagine Trey Mcgowens and Xavier Johnson will still get plenty of minutes coming off the bench.

Surprising too to hear that Xavier Johnson was getting first team reps at PG and that Trey Mcgoewens was working with the second team. Capel said yesterday that Sidy Nadir was a little bit banged up, so maybe Xavier is just filling in for Sidy and that Sidy will start at PG when healthy. I imagine Trey Mcgowens and Xavier Johnson will still get plenty of minutes coming off the bench.

Surprising too to hear that Xavier Johnson was getting first team reps at PG ...Capel said yesterday that Sidy Nadir was a little bit banged up, so maybe Xavier is just filling in for Sidy and that Sidy will start at PG when healthy. .

I could see this being the case. I think XJ has tremendous upside, but was glad to see Sidy was brought on. Capel has a roster - that though not deep at certain positions - has more backcourt and wing quality than has been seen over the past three years.

Of course it's way to early to draw conclusions, but reports say that Capel used.
a 4-1 type of lineup in their first practice. I've posted on here before that we might see a
lineup of this nature because we are lacking inside. We can go with Browne inside
with four guard/wing types in the other positions. Our best players are guards and wings.
I expect to see a lot of pressure on D. A traditional pg, 2 guard, wing, power forward,
and Center
is IMO not the best for what we have on this team.
I'm also glad to hear that Chukuwaka was backing up Browne....about time! No way he
at 6'9'' should be outside firing up threes. My guess is, Capel has made it clear to
Chukuwaka that if he wants to see playing time, it's gonna be inside not on the outside.
If he can rebound and defend, he'll play. If he does those two things only, I'll be happy.
Suprised?...yes, but still very happy. LOL
Ches, I think you are wrong on the Chuk talk. Just like last year, he is taking and making them in practice. Now, he just needs to make them in games. Capel will let him shoot em if he proves he can make them in games.

Ches, I think you are wrong on the Chuk talk. Just like last year, he is taking and making them in practice. Now, he just needs to make them in games. Capel will let him shoot em if he proves he can make them in games.

Thanks for the info, John. I may very well be wrong, but if I am we will have no inside presence with only Browne backed by Iggy, plus an undersized Stevenson. Now, with that said, I still think we need to rely on a 4-1 approach because our best players are guards and wings and they need to be on the floor. I can't imagine Chuka is now one of our better players, and better than our many guards and wings. If he suddenly is, that would be great. I'd be shocked if he is.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT