ADVERTISEMENT

2024 First Round Games in Pittsburgh

Fredact

Sophomore
Mar 19, 2011
Does anyone remember how the committee would handle a Pitt team not playing here?

As I recall, Pitt could play here if they are a top 4 seed. But if they were playing elsewhere would the committee try to have them play on the other day, so as not to adversely affect the crowds?

Does anyone remember how the committee would handle a Pitt team not playing here?
As I recall, Pitt could play here if they are a top 4 seed. But if they were playing elsewhere would the committee try to have them play on the other day, so as not to adversely affect the crowds?
Doesnt Duquesne usually host?

Reactions: Saboteur II

Doesnt Duquesne usually host?
Yes the Dukes host. But that's not related to my question.

I'm asking what happens if Pitt makes the tournament and is sent to another city (which is what would happen if Pitt's not a top 4 seed). Would they make sure Pitt is playing on the other days, to keep ticket sales up in Pittsburgh.

I'm asking what happens if Pitt makes the tournament and is sent to another city (which is what would happen if Pitt's not a top 4 seed). Would they make sure Pitt is playing on the other days, to keep ticket sales up in Pittsburgh.
I feel that is accurate or we have not been in such a long time we haven’t had to deal with it.

Reactions: Fredact

To my knowledge they only make sure that the host school doesn’t play its tourney game on the same day as its hosting duties. I don’t think they would give that consideration to Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT