ADVERTISEMENT

2026 World Cup

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Didnt know some of this stuff was out. USMNT is staying out west. They are in Group D with their 3 group stage games in LA, Seattle, and LA. You would have thought they could have mixed in Santa Clara for some variety but what'evs. Looks like I'll have to base myself in SoCal. I'm sure that wont be expensive. Actually, maybe its better for me to base in Seattle and go to some of those Vancouver games too and then just fly down for the LA USMNT games.

The US will get a 3rd place team if they win their group and they SHOULD win their group since the 12 seeded teams will be the US, Mexico, Canada, and the Top 9. Of course, right now Italy is 10, Colombia 13, Uruguay 14, and Germany 16 so if they get drawn with a team like that, they wont win the group and have to the a 2nd place team from Group G in Arlington. Its Santa Clara then Seattle in the knockout round if they win the group.

The schedule is a bit quirky because theu are keeping teams in either an East, Central, or West region. Because of that, Mexico will play 2 group games in Mexico City, 1 in Guadalajara, and 0 in Monterrey. If they win their Group, their R32 and R16 games would also be in Mexico City. Similar deal for Canada. 1st game in Toronto. 2nd and 3rd in Vancouver. If they win their group, their 1st 2 knockout round games are also in Vancouver. I'm no expert on Canadian culture but Toronto seems more "Canadian" to me than Vancouver. Not to mention Toronto is easier to get to for most Canadiens. Kinda sucks they are stuck on the Pacific Ocean when Toronto is their soccer capital.

If Mexico and Canada both finish 2nd in their groups, they'd play in the Round of 32 in LA.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Didnt know some of this stuff was out. USMNT is staying out west. They are in Group D with their 3 group stage games in LA, Seattle, and LA. You would have thought they could have mixed in Santa Clara for some variety but what'evs. Looks like I'll have to base myself in SoCal. I'm sure that wont be expensive. Actually, maybe its better for me to base in Seattle and go to some of those Vancouver games too and then just fly down for the LA USMNT games.

The US will get a 3rd place team if they win their group and they SHOULD win their group since the 12 seeded teams will be the US, Mexico, Canada, and the Top 9. Of course, right now Italy is 10, Colombia 13, Uruguay 14, and Germany 16 so if they get drawn with a team like that, they wont win the group and have to the a 2nd place team from Group G in Arlington. Its Santa Clara then Seattle in the knockout round if they win the group.

The schedule is a bit quirky because theu are keeping teams in either an East, Central, or West region. Because of that, Mexico will play 2 group games in Mexico City, 1 in Guadalajara, and 0 in Monterrey. If they win their Group, their R32 and R16 games would also be in Mexico City. Similar deal for Canada. 1st game in Toronto. 2nd and 3rd in Vancouver. If they win their group, their 1st 2 knockout round games are also in Vancouver. I'm no expert on Canadian culture but Toronto seems more "Canadian" to me than Vancouver. Not to mention Toronto is easier to get to for most Canadiens. Kinda sucks they are stuck on the Pacific Ocean when Toronto is their soccer capital.

If Mexico and Canada both finish 2nd in their groups, they'd play in the Round of 32 in LA.
Playing Mexico is LA? What could go wrong?

Reactions: mike412
Playing Mexico is LA? What could go wrong?

Not sure what you mean because they play in SoCal a lot. A Canada/Mexico game would be fun though.

Also, I was disappointed to see that if the US wins their group and wins the R32 game, they would have to play a group winner (if that team wins R32) in the R16. Could be facing a France, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc in the Round of 16. Way too early for that for the host. Should have given us the winner of one of those 2 v 2 games.

Not sure what you mean because they play in SoCal a lot. A Canada/Mexico game would be fun though.

Also, I was disappointed to see that if the US wins their group and wins the R32 game, they would have to play a group winner (if that team wins R32) in the R16. Could be facing a France, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, etc in the Round of 16. Way too early for that for the host. Should have given us the winner of one of those 2 v 2 games.
I just like playing Mexico in the north. But MLS stadiums in Cincy, etc aren’t an option. Arrowhead would have been good too but I’m guessing they aren’t hosting?

I just like playing Mexico in the north. But MLS stadiums in Cincy, etc aren’t an option. Arrowhead would have been good too but I’m guessing they aren’t hosting?

The US cant play Mexico in LA. Not sure if you are misunderstanding or if I wasn't clear. The way the brackets are set up, the chances of a USA/Mexico match in 2026 have to be about 1%.

Think it would be wise to consider announcing on Tuesday, July 2, 2024 that the US team is being led by a different head coach. May not make any difference, but a change is needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT