ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Baseball Tournament Thread

It will almost certainly be like last night, where the game is on an overflow channel.
Not like the ga. Tech game that was actually on at&t? You could be right I'm just trying to figure it out, I just assumed with the pirates not even playing until 4 there's no reason to not have it on the main channel.

Interesting... I didn't realize that. I looked at the schedule just now and they have a ton of 4:05 games on Saturdays.

Did that just change this year? I thought the Fox national game was always afternoon on Saturdays in past years.

They've done it at least last year as well, if not longer. When Fox has a national window there are not allowed to be any games broadcast locally in that window. That means if they have a 7:00 window no eastern time zone night games can be televised locally. A west coast team couldn't play a late afternoon game, they'd have to start at either 1:00 or 7:00 their time. So if you are the Pirates and the Cardinals and you want the game televised, which you do, you start no later than 4:00.

Not like the ga. Tech game that was actually on at&t? You could be right I'm just trying to figure it out, I just assumed with the pirates not even playing until 4 there's no reason to not have it on the main channel.

The reason is the Pirates pregame starts at 3:30 and it is highly unlikely the Pitt game is over by then. And what would the reaction of Pitt fans be if the game was tied 4-4 in the 7th inning and AT&T took the game off because it was time for the Pirates?

It's easier for them to put it on the overflow channel right from the start.

FWIW, I'm at home now looking at the on screen guide for Saturday and it shows the Pitt game (and the second semi-final as well) as being on the overflow channel at the regular time, with the Pitt game being replayed at 9:00 on the "regular" channel.

The reason is the Pirates pregame starts at 3:30 and it is highly unlikely the Pitt game is over by then. And what would the reaction of Pitt fans be if the game was tied 4-4 in the 7th inning and AT&T took the game off because it was time for the Pirates?

True, the game Tuesday went by really quick but last night's was as long or longer than an MLB game. It's disappointing though because from what I could see there is no overflow channel on Comcast.

True, the game Tuesday went by really quick but last night's was as long or longer than an MLB game. It's disappointing though because from what I could see there is no overflow channel on Comcast.

The average college baseball game probably lasts a little longer than the average MLB game, if for no other reason than there is more scoring in the college game which means more batters per game on average. Certainly if it isn't longer it's close, and the average MLB game lasts a little over three hours.

Reactions: Pittx9
Oh well, gonna be hooking the phone or the iPad up to the tv again on Saturday. Actually the presentation on the WatchESPN app blown up on a tv screen looked just like you were watching the tv channel. A little pricey for the equipment I bought not too long ago, but definitely worth it to see last night's game.

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE

Is there an ATTSN overflow channel on Comcast? I'm not aware of one. If not, there's no way ATTSN is showing the end of this game. They will leave it at 3:30 for Pirates pregame and literally maybe 30 people will be upset by that. There was much more of an uproar when they left a WVU cupcake football game for Pirates pregame (next time they kept WVU on in WV) and they left a WPIAL Final for Pens Pregame. The crazy thing about this is that since it is blacked out on watchESPN locally, you wont even be able to stream it live.

What I'll do is record the game on ATTSN then watch the first 2.5 hours fast forwarding through commercials and the last .5-1.5 hours on watchESPN since it will be available to watch after it ends.

Is there an ATTSN overflow channel on Comcast? I'm not aware of one. If not, there's no way ATTSN is showing the end of this game. They will leave it at 3:30 for Pirates pregame and literally maybe 30 people will be upset by that.

I neither know nor care if Comcast has an AT&T overflow channel. And they aren't going to leave the Pitt game at 3:30, because the Pitt game is not going to be on the "regular" channel to begin with. They are showing NHRA drag racing from 12:00 to 3:00, followed by Pirates pregame stuff. The Pitt game is scheduled for the overflow channel, starting at 1:00. The second semifinal is also listed for the overflow channel at 5:00. The Pitt game will be reaired on the "regular" channel at 9:00.

Don't any of you have an on screen guide that shows you what shows are going to be on what channels at what times?

There is no overflow channel on Comcast. AT&T SN has drag racing or something listed on Saturday at 1, replay of the pitt game at like 9 pm I think it was. I watched the pitt-UNC game on the app, I'm almost positive you can do the same on Saturday, as it's on ACCN+ but they streamed the fox sports south broadcast.

What was odd though, at 7 when the game was supposed to start I tried to watch Clemson/nd on the app.... and that was blacked out.

DeFwdJbW0AEd9V0.png

Old Big East and Old-school ACC.

2 more wins for a NCAAT bid.

Do you go with Pidich today? He went on Tuesday but will have 96 hours rest
I heard Jordano say he didn't feel comfortable using pidich on just 3 days rest. There's probably a better chance they go with hammer on 2 days rest, although he threw a decent amount of pitches in only a few innings. Gonna be interesting to see who he goes with today, id almost guarantee pidich pitches tomorrow though if Pitt wins today.

I heard Jordano say he didn't feel comfortable using pidich on just 3 days rest. There's probably a better chance they go with hammer on 2 days rest, although he threw a decent amount of pitches in only a few innings. Gonna be interesting to see who he goes with today, id almost guarantee pidich pitches tomorrow though if Pitt wins today.

Calvo is their other starter who hasn't pitched yet in the tournament..... might start him but just about everyone should be available.

I think if we pull the upset today, Pidich goes tomorrow with again everyone being available.

Louisville is starting Nick Bennett. He pitched the Saturday game against us a couple weeks ago. 6 innings, 4 runs, 3 earned, 4 hits, 7 strikeouts, 3 walks. Got a no decision. That was the game that we led 4-1 after 7 and then gave up 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th.

From the looks of it the setup I believe was the better seed is the designated home team in the semis and championship, but in pool play each team got one game as the designated home team and one as the designated away.

Nice run by Pitt, sad to see it end today.

That would be my guess as well.

Looks like we are the visitors.
From the looks of it the setup I believe was the better seed is the designated home team in the semis and championship, but in pool play each team got one game as the designated home team and one as the designated away.

Nice run by Pitt, sad to see it end today.

Just watched the replay on ATTSN. I didn't check the score. Good game. Louisville just better but Pitt played well. Going forward, Pitt needs better hitting. Pitching has been ok in the ACC and I think I heard them say Pitt was the best fielding team in the league this year.

Reactions: paschuler1970
Pitt needs better hitting.

Of the last five guys in the batting order Pitt had four guys hitting .203 or worse and Louisville had three guys hitting .310 or better.

You won't win many games with only four decent or better hitters in the order, and for most of the year that's what Pitt had.

Pitt needs better hitting.

Of the last five guys in the batting order Pitt had four guys hitting .203 or worse and Louisville had three guys hitting .310 or better.

You won't win many games with only four decent or better hitters in the order, and for most of the year that's what Pitt had.

Pitt hit only like .220 as a team in league play. That is historically bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT