ADVERTISEMENT

ACC on the slide - called correctly

So of course they also apologized to Duke for calling it wrongly in the FSU game?
Who knows, maybe they did? I'd like to see the video of it. From the pics on X it did not constitute a slide because it wasn't feet first. The video may show otherwise.

Who knows, maybe they did? I'd like to see the video of it. From the pics on X it did not constitute a slide because it wasn't feet first. The video may show otherwise.
I'm confused... Should players then be taught to still slide but with knees first because due a technicality in the rule you're then marked where the ball is when the knee hits? If so, that's kinda hilarious.

I'm confused... Should players then be taught to still slide but with knees first because due a technicality in the rule you're then marked where the ball is when the knee hits? If so, that's kinda hilarious.
I have no idea. The rule just applies very clearly to a feet first slide. Start a petition if it's important to you.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
A first down has become even more subjective than ever…

We used to know what a first down was, now we don’t. It’s like a catch in the NFL. We used to know for years what a catch looks like, now we don’t.

We all know that was a first down. But again, Pitt put themselves in that ridiculous situation….

Reactions: 303vND and mlvnsmly
I have no idea. The rule just applies very clearly to a feet first slide. Start a petition if it's important to you.
So, by your interpretation, if the FSU QB could have regained his footing and started to run again, he would be allowed because it wasn't "feet-first"?

A first down has become even more subjective than ever…

We used to know what a first down was, now we don’t. It’s like a catch in the NFL. We used to know for years what a catch looks like, now we don’t.

We all know that was a first down. But again, Pitt put themselves in that ridiculous situation….

If Pitt didn't stink out the joint for most of the game, that call would have been meaningless.

Still a bad call by the ref supposed to be to protect a QB no one was around him if it was that close why call it to decide a game.

Reactions: 303vND
Still a bad call by the ref supposed to be to protect a QB no one was around him if it was that close why call it to decide a game.

This is pretty much it. It's not like he was trying to avoid anyone who was going to limit his progress. It's a judgement call and the ref used bad judgement.

Lesson, don't ever slide feet first unless you're 5 yards past the marker. Don't ever put the red in a position to screw you. Dive forward.

So, by your interpretation, if the FSU QB could have regained his footing and started to run again, he would be allowed because it wasn't "feet-first"?
If you want a clarification, call the NCAA officiating office.

I'm asking you to clarify your supposition.
I'm just reading the rule and watching the video. Every time they say slide, they say "feet first slide". Im guessing that means if it's not feet first it's not considered a feet first slide. Call me crazy. I have know idea how or if the FSU player could've regained his footing, I'm just pointing out in that single frame, his feet aren't first. I even said the video could show otherwise

I'm just reading the rule and watching the video. Every time they say slide, they say "feet first slide". Im guessing that means if it's not feet first it's not considered a feet first slide. Call me crazy. I have know idea how or if the FSU player could've regained his footing, I'm just pointing out in that single frame, his feet aren't first. I even said the video could show otherwise

He slid feet first. He was definitely short but it was 1st down so nobody really cared to question it.

The logical extension of your position (that he isn't sliding feet-first) is that he could continue running without penalty if he could regain his footing since the fake slide rule also says feet-first.

Do you understand how inane that position is?

I didn't say any of that. You did. I just said the rule says feet-first every time it's mentioned. Do you know how inane it is to assume it doesn't actually mean feet first?

All you do is argue in circles with everyone in every thread. Sounds like a troll to me. Thankfully, this forum has an ignore button. Have a great night.

I didn't say any of that. You did. I just said the rule says feet-first every time it's mentioned. Do you know how inane it is to assume it doesn't actually mean feet first?

All you do is argue in circles with everyone in every thread. Sounds like a troll to me. Thankfully, this forum has an ignore button. Have a great night.
You seem to have a reading problem. I never said you said it. I said it was a logical extension of what you did say.

It was the wrong call and in other years I would be totally pissed if it cost us a shot at the championship or top 25 ranking. That said it likely will have not impact to this season unless we somehow finish 5-7 and out of a bowl game.

Reactions: PittMan2003
pitt fans who are still blaming refs but not holding the psu kid accountable is mind boggling.. He F'd up, he better learn from it and not do it again.. that's it.

"

Reactions: Gep Dawg
pitt fans who are still blaming refs but not holding the psu kid accountable is mind boggling.. He F'd up, he better learn from it and not do it again.. that's it.

"
Well, those who think Veilleux did anything wrong in the least and that the refs and conference are somehow beyond reproach here, when the FSU game showed the absolute total irrefutable proof that it was at least an incorrect call and likely more a biased one intended to give the good ole boy school another chance, is what’s boggling.

Pitt D should have stopped Cher’s bagel maker from putting up two easy scores in the final three minutes, blame that if you want to hold on to the mentally challenged delusion that refs are unbiased and impeccable.

I’ll give dubious regard to some who are desperately holding onto that fantasy here that’s the refs were not wrong/jobbing on the play, because they just want to win the message board pecker stream contest (because the call won’t change and the ACC lied that it was correct, so “I win the thread !!! Give me a Like, Joe!” and don’t actually intellectually believe it. Those who do, the mentally stable here beseech you to castrate yourselves so you won’t breed (and here I have to put the requisite smiley face 😀to show that the last remark is kidding, kind of sort of)

Well, those who think Veilleux did anything wrong in the least and that the refs and conference are somehow beyond reproach here, when the FSU game showed the absolute total irrefutable proof that it was at least an incorrect call and likely more a biased one intended to give the good ole boy school another chance, is what’s boggling.

Pitt D should have stopped Cher’s bagel maker from putting up two easy scores in the final three minutes, blame that if you want to hold on to the mentally challenged delusion that refs are unbiased and impeccable.

I’ll give dubious regard to some who are desperately holding onto that fantasy here that’s the refs were not wrong/jobbing on the play, because they just want to win the message board pecker stream contest (because the call won’t change and the ACC lied that it was correct, so “I win the thread !!! Give me a Like, Joe!” and don’t actually intellectually believe it. Those who do, the mentally stable here beseech you to castrate yourselves so you won’t breed (and here I have to put the requisite smiley face 😀to show that the last remark is kidding, kind of sort of)
the fsu game has nothing to do with it. yes, that was a bad call, so what? So a bad call 3 hours later makes a good call wrong? That makes no sense..

we lost, psu kid F'ed up, it happened. now lets get ready to get steam rolled by the irish already.

the fsu game has nothing to do with it. yes, that was a bad call, so what? So a bad call 3 hours later makes a good call wrong? That makes no sense..

we lost, psu kid F'ed up, it happened. now lets get ready to get steam rolled by the irish already.
The PsU kid did nothing wrong, in fact he made a very good play by todays football standards. Sliding is the way all QBs play that situation today. All of them. Pitt was screwed and the FSU play evocatively proves it. It was the exact same situation and until the ACC follows up and admits THAT one was wrong and issues an apology to Duke, it continues to prove it.

You guys bizarrely claiming otherwise just want to ‘win’ the message board threads or whatever other childishness. But this whole message board thing is childish, so I suppose it’s in the spirit.

But you are correct in that the game is definitely lost (so mission accomplished, ACC). Now on to the 1996-like slaughter that awaits.

The PsU kid did nothing wrong, in fact he made a very good play by todays football standards. Sliding is the way all QBs play that situation today. All of them. Pitt was screwed and the FSU play evocatively proves it. It was the exact same situation and until the ACC follows up and admits THAT one was wrong and issues an apology to Duke, it continues to prove it.

You guys bizarrely claiming otherwise just want to ‘win’ the message board threads or whatever other childishness. But this whole message board thing is childish, so I suppose it’s in the spirit.

But you are correct in that the game is definitely lost (so mission accomplished, ACC). Now on to the 1996-like slaughter that awaits.
the acc officials confirmed it, lol, it's not a debate. some pitt fans are hurt that their team lost, that's it, that is your argument. your team lost and well boo hoo..

another call in another game under different circumstances doesnt change that.

The application of the current rule resulted in an absurd outcome in this case, that's for sure.

They may need to add some kind of qualifier to account for plays like this one where there is no defender within yards of the ballcarrier and the slide is clearly meant to simply down the ball as opposed to avoiding contact.

I mean, the call may have been correct by the letter of the rule, but I think everyone can agree that result was a travesty.

Question for those asking us to move on and stop complaining about this…

What should we be talking about on a Tuesday prior to basketball season where we are 2-5? Firing cignetti? On campus stadium? Please educate us on what would be an appropriate use of pantherlair posts?

"

I blame him and Narduzzi for not knowing the rule. People blasted me for blaming Villeaux but it was a Nasir Robinson-level bonehead play for trying to stay in bounds. And Narduzzi still says that was smart.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
the acc officials confirmed it, lol, it's not a debate. some pitt fans are hurt that their team lost, that's it, that is your argument. your team lost and well boo hoo..

another call in another game under different circumstances doesnt change that.

lol The ACC are lying sacks of money feces. Just trying (in vain) to cover up for their crap. The entire country was mocking that call, including the analysts on its own TV network, afterward. They must still be getting bombarded with criticism, so decided they better put out some bland denial of wrongdoing. Hamas denials have more credibility.

The FSU game entirely proves the case ... it’s a trillion percent relevant, and damming.

Anyone m trying to argue otherwise are mentally challenged and should be institutionalized.

What should we be talking about on a Tuesday prior to basketball season where we are 2-5? Firing cignetti? On campus stadium? Please educate us on what would be an appropriate use of pantherlair posts?
They don’t want to discuss it because the unretarded ones know they are wrong

This has to be THE STUPIDEST rule in college football. In every other situation, it's where a knee or elbow touches. If CV had dived forward, they wouldn't mark it from where he STARTED the dive. But somehow, a slide gets marked from where it starts and not where it ends. Good grief.

Many options. Is Jennifer garner hot? Dirtiest bathrooms in western pa? Good OC candidates that narduzzi will never hire. Was our chancellor the reason Dior was kicked off team? What’s cheesier, narduzzi’s blue vase or capels brick wall? If you are a straight guy under 40 and play pickle ball, should you be made fun of?

These are all topics we can discuss for hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT