ADVERTISEMENT

Acc to look at cal and stanford

Again, hypocrisy at the college level. Be pushing to include cal and Stanford because schools like that should not be left out due to realignment, yet, there will be additional schools left out once the acc breaks apart, something that no could likely prevent if they just have up their precious independence

Be pushing to include cal and Stanford because schools like that should not be left out due to realignment, yet, there will be additional schools left out once the acc breaks apart, something that no could likely prevent if they just have up their precious independence
Agree that it sounds like BS but I can't imagine they're feeling great about what is going on around them. It would make sense for ND to push for something that might benefit them if/when push comes to shove.

Just my common sense perspective looking at this...
1. Does it make the conference worthwhile money? No.
2. Will it get Notre Dame to join (see #1)? No.
3. Does the region make sense in terms of travel for all sports? No.
4. Does it add interesting, blockbuster matchups with potential new rivalries emerging? No.
5. Does it provide a deeper conference if 2-4 teams, there are still enough teams to maintain a conference? Yes.

If that were the case, Ohio state, Michigan, et Al would tell the Rutgers, Indiana, etc that they are taking more money instead of equal shares. Same with the sec.
Indiana? When was that decision? Rutgers opens up the NY market from what I have heard.

Again, hypocrisy at the college level. Be pushing to include cal and Stanford because schools like that should not be left out due to realignment, yet, there will be additional schools left out once the acc breaks apart, something that no could likely prevent if they just have up their precious independence
Notre Dame could save Cal and Stanford by simply agreeing to join the ACC with them

Tell them if they join as full members ok otherwise they can stfu
Even as a partial member, if the ACC loses ND, they fold up - plain and simple. Let's face it, when you think of CF, the first school that comes to mind is legendary Notre Dame ----- Knute Rockne, The Gipper, the Four Horsemen, and on and on.......do I need to go on? I didn't think so.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Even as a partial member, if the ACC loses ND, they fold up - plain and simple. Let's face it, when you think of CF, the first school that comes to mind is legendary Notre Dame ----- Knute Rockne, The Gipper, the Four Horsemen, and on and on.......do I need to go on? I didn't think so.
You're doing the parody of the obnoxious ND fan, right? If so, hilarious.

If not....sad.

When I think of CF, I think of center field.

But outside of those who have family connected to Notre Dame, who under 50 years of age thinks about Notre Dame at all, let alone when they think of college football.

Don’t enjoy yourself so much.

Don’t give yourself too much credit. There are several reasons why the ACC could meet its eventual demise. Notre Dame will not be one of them, just like the Irish had nothing to do with what happened to the Big East. You are simply a bystander in all of this.

Don’t give yourself too much credit. There are several reasons why the ACC could meet its eventual demise. Notre Dame will not be one of them, just like the Irish had nothing to do with what happened to the Big East. You are simply a bystander in all of this.
The jealousy directed at ND is mind boggling.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Why would I be jealous of Notre Dame? I certainly respect them. The Pitt-ND series has been a fun one over the years, but I don’t get jealous over college football, or anything sports-related for that matter. There are bigger things in life.

I’m genuinely curious, may you explain how you think Notre Dame holds all the cards for the ACC’s future? Their decision to remain a non-football member or go elsewhere won’t have an impact on whether Florida State, Clemson, or anyone else departs the conference.

Are you really this arrogant? I've heard of the arrogance of ND fans, but I've never experienced it. Just curious though, why are you all that way? I mean when was the last time you won anything? Your last championship was 12 years after Pitt's and that was 35 years ago. You may be a tier above Pitt's level, but like Penn State, you are a tier below the Alabamas and Georgias and not even close to them. So if I was to be jealous of anyone, it would be them, not a team that couldn't beat either of them on your best day.

When I think of Notre Dame, I think of Brian Kelly sending a student to his death in a scissor lift and the university turning a blind eye.

Are you really this arrogant? I've heard of the arrogance of ND fans, but I've never experienced it. Just curious though, why are you all that way? I mean when was the last time you won anything? Your last championship was 12 years after Pitt's and that was 35 years ago. You may be a tier above Pitt's level, but like Penn State, you are a tier below the Alabamas and Georgias and not even close to them. So if I was to be jealous of anyone, it would be them, not a team that couldn't beat either of them on your best day.
It is usually the t-shirt fans that couldn't locate South Bend on a map.

Reactions: ThePanthers
That's why I didn't want ND in as a partial member. You may disagree, but as partial members, they've ruined two conferences they've used. and we were more than willing to let them use us during covid, as well.

That's why I didn't want ND in as a partial member. You may disagree, but as partial members, they've ruined two conferences they've used. and we were more than willing to let them use us during covid, as well.
They haven't ruined them, it is a mutual use of each other, but they've just not done anything to contribute to fixing each conference's problems because they value their "independence" over the well being of these conferences.

But they are, by far, the biggest bunch of hypocrites of the bunch (well, maybe #2 after the "success with honor" gang). How they can claim to be concerned about the well being of these two elite academic schools' football programs when they've demonstrated an unwillingness to do anything but look after themselves when they have 14 existing partners struggling is mind blowing in its tone deafness.

Last edited:
Are you really this arrogant? I've heard of the arrogance of ND fans, but I've never experienced it.
Seriously? You're just now realizing how arrogant those a-holes from South Bend are?

the 2 most arrogant fan bases out there are Notre Lame and Michigan. When they're not hitting you about how outstanding their sports programs are, they're throwing the "superior education" BS at you. Keep in mind, Michigan is the self-proclaimed "Harvard of the Midwest."

Your full of shit and could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't matter because they have never joined full time. Nd could have saved the BE by joining but chose not to.. I am not sure ND joining full time even saves the acc. They might add a additional 75 million but the acc already gets the BB programs and 5 games. A additional 5 million percent team doesn't keep Clemson or FSU from leaving. Acc would still love to have them and it helps but ND isn't what they once were. They are still near the top but not sure they add any more value than a Alabama or OSU at this point.

Your full of shit and could leave tomorrow and it wouldn't matter because they have never joined full time. Nd could have saved the BE by joining but chose not to.. I am not sure ND joining full time even saves the acc. They might add a additional 75 million but the acc already gets the BB programs and 5 games. A additional 5 million percent team doesn't keep Clemson or FSU from leaving. Acc would still love to have them and it helps but ND isn't what they once were. They are still near the top but not sure they add any more value than a Alabama or OSU at this point.
Just ran some quick numbers ND is rumoured to be wanting 75 million from NBC and so far NBC is balking let's assume they get it. Total FB would be worth around 130 million assume another 20 for BB( doubtful) nd is worth around 150 million to a new conference.

Now let's do OSU. OSU is tougher because they are negotiating with the big10 but we can get a rough estimate of their value. Acc teams including Clemson,FSU and NC are worth 40. Oregon and Washington are getting around 35 each per year from the big 10 and prior to the latest additions b10 is around 70 million
percent team in the new contract. 70x 14 is 980 million. The purdues and nw aren't worth 40 but let's say the b10 - Wisconsin,PSU, Michigan and OSU is 40x10 or 400 million that means the other 4 are worth 580 million and OSU is undoubtedly worth the most by far. Let's say Wisconsin is 80 the other three are worth 500 million even if you give Michigan and PSU 150 that puts OSU value at 200 million. More than ND.

You’re kinda missing the point of all of this realignment
I'm not missing anything. I guess that I have the mind set of a Notre Dame. I sit here watching all of these teams ruin the sport of college football over a little more money and I think it sucks. Notre Dame just sits back and continues to do there own thing as teams are ruining 100+ year old conferences. All of that history and rivalries between those Pac 10 schools...GONE, because of a little more money. The ACC doesn't need a west coast team at all. Makes no geographic sense at all. Kind of like WVU to the Big 12. I'd rather see them add the two east coast academy teams (Army and Navy) and team like USF, East Carolina or Florida Atlantic.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Report that Pitt is pushing hard for Stanford and Cal. Makes sense, Pitt admin’s dream is to align with the academic elites.

Glad to see we’re pushing for them. When the ACC collapses, I wouldn’t mind if we enter a conference with those two, Duke, Georgia Tech, and a few others. Maybe Tulane. If we aren’t in either of the “power two” conferences, let’s create an FBS Ivy League. Only half joking.

Report that Pitt is pushing hard for Stanford and Cal. Makes sense, Pitt admin’s dream is to align with the academic elites.

It makes sense primarily because it would help stabilize the conference, especially for when FSU and Clemson leave, which is why those two are likely voting against it. UNC probably thinks it has an out too.

NCSU, I can't figure, unless they are tied to UNC.

Pitt Heather was pushing for this hard, then this result is definitely bad for Pitt.

There's a probable discernible reason why Pitt, Louisville, and GT were pushing this... of the schools most serious about football they're probably the ones most afraid of not landing in the P2.

Last edited:

Cal & the Tree must ask if they can join the B10 @ < $/each. Beavers & W-State must ask the B12 for the same.

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

Concede a year of GOR if they vote for their admission. Add the 3 schools for a gor expiry of 2032.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT