ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney

As the standings currently sit, it looks like we’d play BC. BC at 2-10 is ahead of Miami at 3-15 despite the same win percentage on ESPN. Those two teams play each other Friday night.

If BC wins I believe they clinch the 13 seed and Wake actually drops to 14. If Miami wins I think BC officially finishes in last place, and the difference between 13th and 14th possibly comes down to what happens in the GT-Wake game? Most likely a GT win there.

Copied from my post in the dribbles thread:

We will be 11 unless both Notre Dame wins and we lose.

BC and Miami play on Friday. If BC wins the bottom three is BC, Wake then Miami, which would mean we'd get Wake in the first round of the tournament. If Miami beats BC then it depends on the Georgia Tech - Wake game, also on Friday. If Wake wins then it's Wake, Miami and BC so we would get Miami. If Wake loses then it's Miami, and a tie between BC and Wake, which I believe Wake wins because they won the head to head, so we would get Wake.

Reactions: caleco's and Pittx9
As the standings currently sit, it looks like we’d play BC. BC at 2-10 is ahead of Miami at 3-15 despite the same win percentage on ESPN. Those two teams play each other Friday night.

If BC wins I believe they clinch the 13 seed and Wake actually drops to 14. If Miami wins I think BC officially finishes in last place, and the difference between 13th and 14th possibly comes down to what happens in the GT-Wake game? Most likely a GT win there.
Thanks for the info - Seems there is a lot still to be decided.

Thanks for the info - Seems there is a lot still to be decided.
Joe probably explained it a little better right after. ND’s last game is at home vs. FSU though, so most likely we will at least be the 11 seed playing Tuesday night at 7.

Copied from my post in the dribbles thread:

We will be 11 unless both Notre Dame wins and we lose.

BC and Miami play on Friday. If BC wins the bottom three is BC, Wake then Miami, which would mean we'd get Wake in the first round of the tournament. If Miami beats BC then it depends on the Georgia Tech - Wake game, also on Friday. If Wake wins then it's Wake, Miami and BC so we would get Miami. If Wake loses then it's Miami, and a tie between BC and Wake, which I believe Wake wins because they won the head to head, so we would get Wake.
Most likely we get Wake again?

OK, I did not realize that the standing I was looking at did not include BC's loss tonight to Florida State. So the scenarios I outlined before are not correct. Let's try this again.

If Wake beats Georgia Tech then Wake will finish 13 and we will play the winner of the BC - Miami game. If Wake loses then the BC - Miami winner will finish 13 and the loser will be 15 so we would get number 14 Wake.

Assuming we finish 11.

Reactions: gary2
We can't move up from 11. We are 11 if we win or if Notre Dame loses. We are 12 if both we lose and Notre Dame wins. The worst any other team
Sorry that may have sounded confusing, I didn’t mean at least 11 as far as seeding. I meant we don’t know the opponent for sure yet but we at least know we will almost certainly be the 11 seed playing Tuesday at 7.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Side note. They are 10-10. Would be really nice if they can at least win this first game.

Even given the reality tv $hitstorm of the last week, when the dust settles from this season what people will see and talk about is how they finished at or above .500 for the first time in half a decade (i think, on phone and can't open another screen).

No idea who it’ll be, but I think this team can win two games in the tournament, regardless of who we play on Tuesday. We’ve actually played sneaky okay in the ACC tournament in Capel’s first two years.

Will we? I better practice and get in better shape, not to mention, learn the system
I'm 61 and have played in along time. But I had a pretty mean shot in my younger days! JUST DON'T MAKE ME GUARD WONG!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT