ADVERTISEMENT

Addison to USC, possibly $3.5 million a year

I remember a couple years ago this hot shot from Tuscarora MD (frederick Md) committed to Pitt. He was coming up to Hagerstown Md to play South high. I said to my girlfriend let's go watch him. We went to the game with pitt gear on. Of course we are the only people in the stadium with the blue and gold on. Lots of strange looks because this is Ped St and WVU territory. He proceeded to have an unbelievable game including a KO return. I was very happy to pound my chest and say pitt finally got one from this area. My girlfriend became a Pitt fan that day.

I would like to say many things about this transfer and how he burned his legacy @ Pitt and probably would have his jersey hanging @ Heinz Field someday. But we all know what happened here. Tampering.

I'm not going to bash him or wish failure upon him. Karma will take care of his future.

In my mind it's next man up move on from this. Pitt has the guys to step up and if they don't they eventually will find another gem. One player does not make the team.

Best of luck to Addison but I'm moving on.
If he donates $1MM to Pitt down the road, you’d still feel he “burned his legacy” where what he is doing is 100% legal (where NCAA’s conduct was found illegal)????

Why? NCAA, administrators, conferences, coaches have been living large on the backs of mostly poor, black players. It’s time to fix. No?

And when the schools push back and cut scholarships down to 50 and certain athletic departments go under, due to waning interest in the sport, and wayyyyyyyyyy more black kids are left with no ticket out of the ghetto because the ones who would have been millionaires anyway want their millions now... Bring that same energy.

Reactions: revampedpanthers
K. I’ll bite. Both presumably work for businesses. What’s the difference?
He was not even in the portal before he signed his contract , i mean NIL.
Maybe this moron who comes up with the 3.5 million to pay a college WR was upset that Pitt got Slovis.

And when the schools push back and cut scholarships down to 50 and certain athletic departments go under, due to waning interest in the sport, and wayyyyyyyyyy more black kids are left with no ticket out of the ghetto because the ones who would have been millionaires anyway want their millions now... Bring that same energy.
We just don’t have enough statistical data to predict, at this time. Still shaking out.

We just don’t have enough statistical data to predict, at this time. Still shaking out.

MANY football programs are operating in the red. They're not the money-printing factories a lot of people make them out to be. Some are, yes. They'll break away, and much - if not all - of the rest will operate similar to the FCS. Pretty sure the FCS doesn't give out 85 full rides.

He was not even in the portal before he signed his contract , i mean NIL.
Maybe this moron who comes up with the 3.5 million to pay a college WR was upset that Pitt got Slovis.
What evidence do you have that Jordan signed a NIL contract when he was still in portal?

Not as blatantly and disgustingly as this.....this is whoring yourself out to the highest bidder....no wonder our country is a mess
Let’s see how the businesses or donors paying will feel about a guy like Addison sitting out a major bowl game to protect his NFL status. This crazy ass money should have a clause that you play all games you are healthy and no sitting out BS.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
If he donates $1MM to Pitt down the road, you’d still feel he “burned his legacy” where what he is doing is 100% legal (where NCAA’s conduct was found illegal)????
It's Tampering. He won't buy his legacy @ Pitt by donating $. What's done is done. I've moved on. Who knows what happens with his career. I think no matter what he does on the field in the future his legacy will be he's the first one to use "free Agency" in college sports. He will be known as the guy that turned college athletics upside down.

Just because it is "legal" to do what he did doesn't make it right. If you get the right attorneys presenting their case to a dumbed down society as the jury they will win every time.

Go light it up @ USC jordan. I'm moving on.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
FWIW, my firm belief is that JA was tampered with, bought and paid for by USC. Weeks ago. Everything since has been a manufactured sham to try to make it look like it was above board and it all “complied” with current NIL and Portal rules.

Whatever. If this is the kind of anarchy that CFB wants, then so be it. The players are going to get paid. The market will set the price. But for God’s sake, make it so the the players have to put their name in the Portal first. BEFORE they are allowed to be recruited and enticed by other schools. At least make a “fair auction”. Instead of a rigged one.

It's Tampering. He won't buy his legacy @ Pitt by donating $. What's done is done. I've moved on. Who knows what happens with his career. I think no matter what he does on the field in the future his legacy will be he's the first one to use "free Agency" in college sports. He will be known as the guy that turned college athletics upside down.

Just because it is "legal" to do what he did doesn't make it right. If you get the right attorneys presenting their case to a dumbed down society as the jury they will win every time.

Go light it up @ USC jordan. I'm moving on.
Bye. Will miss your posts.

Let’s see how the businesses or donors paying will feel about a guy like Addison sitting out a major bowl game to protect his NFL status. This crazy ass money should have a clause that you play all games you are healthy and no sitting out BS.
While I agree , a hang nail could keep these pre-madonnas out on the injury list ..

I hate this and I think my love for college football is nearing the end as college football always lived on the cusp of professionalism but now even if you recruit and develop well there is no real chance if you don’t have huge donors.

But honestly I prefer usc over Marion and UT.
What I'd like to know is when will a university president or a board of trustees stand up and say this is an embarrassment? This has nothing to do with out mission or even our existence as a university.

I don't blame any kid for taking the money. I would take the money. The people supposedly in charge are the ones who need to be admonished. This should embarrass the entire academic community from top to bottom.

What I'd like to know is when will a university president or a board of trustees stand up and say this is an embarrassment? This has nothing to do with out mission or even our existence as a university.

I don't blame any kid for taking the money. I would take the money. The people supposedly in charge are the ones who need to be admonished. This should embarrass the entire academic community from top to bottom.
Interesting. So after venting, what does the university president and BOT do next?

This fan base just like every other fan base is full of hypocrites..... none of you would pass on the money nor tell your kid to pass on the money and all of you would be beating your chests if Pitt had done this to USC, Texas, PSU, Bama and whoever

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Bye. Will miss your posts.
Lol Are you going to cancel me Apanther? If so I can live just fine without posting or reading pantherlair. Somehow I managed to get through school without cell phones, email, social media etc. But what I won't do is spend up to $1000 a game to travel to a Pitt game to watch a pro environment posing as college athletics.

It's not NIL and transfers that ruin college athletics. Wokeness and the love me kiss me hug me attitude of this society and 16 year old kids who haven't proven anything will kill it. Go ahead and cancel me just like BWI did years ago Peak. APanther said to do it so do it.

This fan base just like every other fan base is full of hypocrites..... none of you would pass on the money nor tell your kid to pass on the money and all of you would be beating your chests if Pitt had done this to USC, Texas, PSU, Bama and whoever
I just turned down a job that would pay me $40,000 per year more than what I making now. In my situation that extra $ would be a life changer. But I stayed with my company because they have helped me progress professionally and always had my back. $ doesn't buy happiness even though our society today says it does. Integrity vs $? Integrity wins every time in my opinion

I just turned down a job that would pay me $40,000 per year more than what I making now. In my situation that extra $ would be a life changer. But I stayed with my company because they have helped me progress professionally and always had my back. $ doesn't buy happiness even though our society today says it does. Integrity vs $? Integrity wins every time in my opinion
$40,000 isn't $3,500,000.

Why? NCAA, administrators, conferences, coaches have been living large on the backs of mostly poor, black players. It’s time to fix. No?
Right they played a child’s game and got a free
Education against their will. All players regardless of race are rewarded for their athletic ability. College sports would exist regardless of the race of the participants. Does college hockey live large on the backs of white kids? Nobody is victim here

Reinstate the rule where transfers need to sit out a year unless they are transferring down a level or there has been a coaching change. You've got to put a limiter in there somewhere and that seems to be the only way left given there is no controlling NIL.

Some of you guys need a freaking grip. Wishing career ending injuries. Is it that personal to you what someone else does with their life? Do you not live your life to what you feel is best for you?

Wokeness? What the hell is that. The whining going on here reminds me of people who can't accept what results that occur don't happen as they please

Reactions: CJsE and APanther
Right they played a child’s game and got a free
Education against their will. All players regardless of race are rewarded for their athletic ability. College sports would exist regardless of the race of the participants. Does college hockey live large on the backs of white kids? Nobody is victim here
Haha! My son played college hockey. Apples and oranges. It’s all about the Benjamin’s. NCAA tried the same argument you make, in court. Didn’t work out so well.

Reinstate the rule where transfers need to sit out a year unless they are transferring down a level or there has been a coaching change.
Ain't going to happen.

Most major college athletic teams, with the exception of football and basketball, already had free transfers.

Reactions: APanther
Reinstate the rule where transfers need to sit out a year unless they are transferring down a level or there has been a coaching change. You've got to put a limiter in there somewhere and that seems to be the only way left given there is no controlling NIL.
Ok, who makes the rules today?

While I agree , a hang nail could keep these pre-madonnas out on the injury list ..
Opt outs won’t go away. NFL $$$$ can be a big disincentive for a player concerned about maybe getting hurt in college. Especially for some of those guys who are being told that HUGE NFL paydays await.

What could be better than getting loads of $$$$ in college and the possibility of getting even more in the pros. Provided you don’t get hurt first. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT