ADVERTISEMENT

All 22 players take a knee

Lol. How would you know
I know because I am 77 years old and was born in Scranton, PA. Then I lived in Pittsburgh, DC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Monterey, CA.
I worked with literally thousands of people; none were perfect but none were racists. I did not see or feel that a person's race mattered to anyone (including me).

I know because I am 77 years old and was born in Scranton, PA. Then I lived in Pittsburgh, DC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Monterey, CA.
I worked with literally thousands of people; none were perfect but none were racists. I did not see or feel that a person's race mattered to anyone (including me).
Sounds like a fascinating life. Living in Monterey would have been quite an experience I’m sure. I’d love to have a drink with you. A lot can be learned by sitting and listening to your generation. Btw, I guess you didn’t grow up in Scranton with racist joe Biden, because it would have changed your entire post.

Sounds like a fascinating life. Living in Monterey would have been quite an experience I’m sure. I’d love to have a drink with you. A lot can be learned by sitting and listening to your generation. Btw, I guess you didn’t grow up in Scranton with racist joe Biden, because it would have changed your entire post.
"my generation"=OLD. Fortunately I never met Clinton or Biden.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
If you are 77, and lived in America that whole time. There is no way on the planet earth you havent met a racist person. You are living in absolute denial if you think you havent. Hell, you might be such an advocate of equality that people might change a word or two in their vocabulary or perhaps express themselves in a different way when you are around. But for all things holy, please dont tell me you really believe you havent met a racist.

Keep everyone inside until after the anthem then come out take a knee. Nobody will be offended and the social injustice protests can be made.
Or take a knee before or after the national anthem or before the game and after the game.

If you are 77, and lived in America that whole time. There is no way on the planet earth you havent met a racist person. You are living in absolute denial if you think you havent. Hell, you might be such an advocate of equality that people might change a word or two in their vocabulary or perhaps express themselves in a different way when you are around. But for all things holy, please dont tell me you really believe you havent met a racist.
I'm so glad you know so much about ne without ever meeting me.

Taking a knee would be acceptable if the players could explain why they're taking a knee. Like the NFL players they wont be able to and each player would have a different reason with no connection to the actual issue which is a percieved issue in the mind of each person.

Taking a knee and associating that action with the flag is unacceptable, there's no connection to the percieved issue and the American flag.

I hope taking a knee kills attendance at any event that sanctions that action.

Jim Brown barely gets around these days; taking a knee for him is impractical, all joking aside.

That said, if Jim Brown goes to a game and does not knee, no one will care.
Jim Brown’s actions over the years have spoken volumes. I would be interested in hearing his opinion on this subject.

Don’t expect consistency
Yeah you guys are great with consistency. It's ok for millions to "protest" shoulder to shoulder throughout the country but Trump has a rally and all of the sudden COVID is a threat again.

And you only care about black deaths when they occur at the hands of a white police officer. Black people are killed at an alarming rate by other black people but that is ignored. Many times innocent black people are killed.

You worry about potentially offending people over dumb things like the Florida Gator Bait chant but don't care that literally 50% of the country are offended by people kneeling for the anthem (and not all of those offended are racists).

You guys are anything but consistent.

Yeah you guys are great with consistency. It's ok for millions to "protest" shoulder to shoulder throughout the country but Trump has a rally and all of the sudden COVID is a threat again.

And you only care about black deaths when they occur at the hands of a white police officer. Black people are killed at an alarming rate by other black people but that is ignored. Many times innocent black people are killed.

You worry about potentially offending people over dumb things like the Florida Gator Bait chant but don't care that literally 50% of the country are offended by people kneeling for the anthem (and not all of those offended are racists).

You guys are anything but consistent.
Is the trump adorned flag a problem or not ?

I will answer your question although you never answer mine...
The Trump flag is tasteless and dumb. But you're trying to make it the equivalent of kneeling for the anthem. The Trump flag isn't in the same stratosphere. Kneeling has been polled as offensive to half the country.

Since you claim to be consistent...How about you answer my question since I answered yours.
Now that you are so concerned about respecting the flag (the Trump face on the US flag). Do you disagree with the protestors burning American flags?

I don't follow soccer. What's going on during the pregame, that the athletes are kneeling to?

Athletes all over the world are kneeling to protest racism. In England the players all wore "Black Lives Matter" on the back of their uniforms where their names would normally be. They are also wearing Black Lives Matter patches on the sleeves of their jerseys. Before the game starts when the ref blows the whistle that would normally signal the kickoff everyone, players, officials, coaches, all take a knee and all the stadium noise is turned off. Then after maybe 15 seconds or so they all get up and kick off the game.

And it isn't just in England. Soccer players in Germany and, as of today, Italy are also doing various things. Some players in Germany are wearing Black Lives Matter armbands. The guy who scored the first goal in today's return of the Italian league rather than celebrate as he normally would (or at least what passes for a normal celebration today) took a knee. Players in all sorts of leagues are wearing jerseys in the pregame that say things like "Justice for George Floyd" and "I Can't Breathe".

EaudOMKXYAIG_l8

premier-league-black-lives-matter.jpg

Reactions: CougarClaws
I will answer your question although you never answer mine...
The Trump flag is tasteless and dumb. But you're trying to make it the equivalent of kneeling for the anthem. The Trump flag isn't in the same stratosphere. Kneeling has been polled as offensive to half the country.
So you don’t actually care about disrespecting the flag or country
Cool

Athletes all over the world are kneeling to protest racism. In England the players all wore "Black Lives Matter" on the back of their uniforms where their names would normally be. They are also wearing Black Lives Matter patches on the sleeves of their jerseys. Before the game starts when the ref blows the whistle that would normally signal the kickoff everyone, players, officials, coaches, all take a knee and all the stadium noise is turned off. Then after maybe 15 seconds or so they all get up and kick off the game.

And it isn't just in England. Soccer players in Germany and, as of today, Italy are also doing various things. Some players in Germany are wearing Black Lives Matter armbands. The guy who scored the first goal in today's return of the Italian league rather than celebrate as he normally would (or at least what passes for a normal celebration today) took a knee. Players in all sorts of leagues are wearing jerseys in the pregame that say things like "Justice for George Floyd" and "I Can't Breathe".

EaudOMKXYAIG_l8

premier-league-black-lives-matter.jpg
And this is all respectful and draws the proper attention to the cause. Kaepernick only drew attention to himself. He should have instead taken a knee after throwing TD passes. Oh wait...

he has the freedom to protest but yet chose the symbol of that freedom as part of his protest.

hell, I have no issues with taking a knee, I wouldn’t care if all 22 NFL players (or all 90) started taking a knee in unison on every kickoff into the end zone when the receiving player takes a knee for the touchback. I suspect most people won’t care. Some sadly always will though. But their lives will always be miserable anyway.

And this is all respectful and draws the proper attention to the cause. Kaepernick only drew attention to himself. He should have instead taken a knee after throwing TD passes. Oh wait...

he has the freedom to protest but yet chose the symbol of that freedom as part of his protest.

hell, I have no issues with taking a knee, I wouldn’t care if all 22 NFL players (or all 90) started taking a knee in unison on every kickoff into the end zone when the receiving player takes a knee for the touchback. I suspect most people won’t care. Some sadly always will though. But their lives will always be miserable anyway.
The anthem is not the symbol of freedom
Stop that silliness
The only ones miserable are outraged conservatives on this issue

if it offends you - so what .

if you are so bothered vote with your wallet and feet .

Reactions: 303vND
The anthem is not the symbol of freedom
Stop that silliness
The only ones miserable are outraged conservatives on this issue

if it offends you - so what .

if you are so bothered vote with your wallet and feet .
Such an inclusive attitude you have. I get it. You hate your country.

I hate snowflakes who think their opinion what matters
Be a rugged individual and turn the channel
It’s a huge sacrifice I understand
So vile and full of hate. You guys are too much. Add intolerant to the list that describes you as well.

So vile and full of hate. You guys are too much. Add intolerant to the list that describes you as well.

Tolerance requires understanding and the ability to put aside personal beliefs to see someone else’s viewpoint. Screaming that kneeling is equivalent to hating the country betrays your point and sort of proves that you don’t even appreciate your country’s history of protest. It’s literally built into the constitution.

Tolerance requires understanding and the ability to put aside personal beliefs to see someone else’s viewpoint. Screaming that kneeling is equivalent to hating the country betrays your point and sort of proves that you don’t even appreciate your country’s history of protest. It’s literally built into the constitution.
Lol. All you have to do is look back a few posts to see that I fully support kneeling. 90 men of all colors kneeling during a game is more powerful than one black man kneeling during the anthem. Hell, I started this thread and praised the kneeling done in Europe. I do find it curious that people here don’t think any of it matters though unless the kneeling involves the US Flag.

Reactions: PantherDDS
What was intolerant in my post ?
You’re sensitive and entitled to your feelings
You can also turn the channel if you’re upset

Not validating your opinion via public displays is nether intolerant nor vile
You’re full of hate. You said so yourself. I’m done with you here. Enjoy your Father’s Day with little Souf.

So you don’t actually care about disrespecting the flag or country
Cool
Of course you can't answer my question. I said the flag was dumb and distasteful. I guess reading is tough for you. I will let you lefties be and continue in your woke off to see whose the "wokest." You guys sure can't handle alternative opinions and facts.

Reactions: palpitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT