ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone nnow..

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
...off the top of their head if an NFL team has ever gone 5-1 in their division and has not made the playoffs? Seems like the Steelers are on this path...(oops meant 'know' in the post title)

...off the top of their head if an NFL team has ever gone 5-1 in their division and has not made the playoffs? Seems like the Steelers are on this path...
I actually know this one. The Rai-duhs finished 8-8 in 2009 (I believe) after going 6-0 against the AFC West. That’s the Tom Cable experience for you! :oops:

Edit: It was actually 2010

After destroying their playoff hopes with inexcusable losses back-to-back, Tomlin will now win meaningless games that keeps his winning season streak alive to make things look better than they should and ruin their draft position.

They tend to give the Ravens a tough time but with how they’ve been rolling, I wouldn’t be so sure they’ll beat them in Baltimore to get to 5-1 in the division. Even if they are in the position of resting starters.

Also I feel like they could have a shot at making the playoffs if they would beat Baltimore… but would likely require also winning @ Seattle and possibly still needing help? Doubt it happens and they’d stand no chance in the playoffs anyway.

Why do you think the Steelers will beat the Ravens? They certainly won't be favored to do so.
Certainly? They will be if they have a mathematical chance at the playoffs and the Ravens have nothing to gain and sit most of their starters which at this point seems to be the more likely scenario...

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Certainly? They will be if they have a mathematical chance at the playoffs and the Ravens have nothing to gain and sit most of their starters which at this point seems to be the more likely scenario...
The Ravens are dogs against the 49ers this week and then play the Dolphins next week. KC also has a decent chance of winning their remaining games.

After destroying their playoff hopes with inexcusable losses back-to-back, Tomlin will now win meaningless games that keeps his winning season streak alive to make things look better than they should and ruin their draft position.
This diatribe has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
They tend to give the Ravens a tough time but with how they’ve been rolling, I wouldn’t be so sure they’ll beat them in Baltimore to get to 5-1 in the division. Even if they are in the position of resting starters.

Also I feel like they could have a shot at making the playoffs if they would beat Baltimore… but would likely require also winning @ Seattle and possibly still needing help? Doubt it happens and they’d stand no chance in the playoffs anyway.

I think they're big playoff problem is losing to both the Colts and Texans, who will have the the tie breaker over them.

But as I type this the Colts and Texans are currently losing, lol. If they both lose then I think Steelers might control their own destiny.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT