ADVERTISEMENT

Art Rooney II is the new Bob Nutting??

From 1992-2003, I'd say Bill's offense was above average when it came to talent but usually below average at QB/WR.

Bill's truly undeniable great offensive players during that time were:

Dermotti Dawson and Jerome Bettis.

Think about his 1997 team. He got them to the AFC Championship Team with:

QB - Kordell Stewart
TB - Jerome Bettis - HOF
FB - Tim Lester
WR - Charles Johnson
WR - Yancey Thigpen - Pro Bowler
TE - Jon Hayes
RT - Justin Strzelcyk
RG - Brendan Stai
C - Dirt Dawson - HOF
LG - Will Wolford
LT - John Jackson

Tomlin lost in to Blake Bortles and the Jaguars with

QB - Ben Rothlisberger - HOF
TB - Leveon Bell - Best RB in Football
FB - Rosey Nix - Pro Bowler
WR - Antonion Brown - Best WR in Football
WR - Juju Smith Shuster
WR - Martavis Bryant - Freak
LT - Vlllaneauva - Pro Bowler
LG - Foster
C - Pouncey - Pro Bowler
RG - Decastro - Pro Bowler
RT - Gilbert

Cowher never had that much offensive talent to squander and opportunity like Tomlin has.

If Tomlin can prove he can win big with Kenny he'll re-write his own history. For now, he was really good with Cowher's players. Cowher on the other hand took over a below average team and won with many of Noll's players, built his own roster many times over and won bigger then Tomlin ever has. Since Tomlin has built his own roster, he doesn't really challenge for anything.
Chuck Noll left Bill Cowher with:

Dermonti Dawson
Carlton Haselrig
Greg Lloyd
Hardy Nickerson
Rod Woodson
Carnell Lake

These guys were all when at their best, top players in the NFL. It can easily be argued that the guys that did not make the HOF were HOF quality guys at their best.

Cowher’s first roster also had the following guys (amongst others):

Barry Foster
Yancey Thigpen
Eric Green
John Jackson
Joel Steed
Levon Kirkland
Darren Perry
Gary Anderson

These guys were all very good at their best. Cowher’s rosters had talent from the go in Pittsburgh. It just was young under Noll and needed to mature. Cowher had a good team from the start.

The offense that you quoted above was completely turned over from Cowher to Tomlin, save Ben. But Tomlin never rebuilt anything, right?

Tomlin has won with his own players. They have drafted HOF level guys during his tenure. He has been there over 15 years now. It is kind of hard to not win with your own players when being somewhere 15 years.

This is another move the goalposts argument. If you want to argue that he has lost with a lot of excellent offensive players, fine. But also note that he was the coach when they built the entire offense and that he did not have Brown and/or Bell a few times in the playoffs when those teams were at their best.

That is a HOF post right there. Well done.

And I’ll add this. Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, and Mike McCarthy are the same coach statistically. All three only won 1 title while having a HOF QB for a long period of time. Of the 3, only Tomlin is considered a HOF coach. Weird.
What I say about MT is what I say about the periodic times people clamor for Pitt to replace our football or basketball coach. The first part, getting rid of them, is easy. The replacement is what’s hard. Who would be brought in who is likely to be better than MT? If there is someone out there who is pretty clear cut would be a success, as a Steeler fan who is frustrated at the unending doldrums of the franchise currently, I’d welcome it. I’m a veteran fan who is accustomed to the Steelers being the STEELERS. 9-8 mediocrity with at best with a one and done playoff glance every couple years is not interesting to me. Total sucking for a season would actually be preferred because it would result in a high draft pick, which in turn would be fun to debate up through April. If a replacement would be some well traveled putz who had success long ago but whose past his prime, which is still pretty typical of the NFL…likely to deliver about the same results as MT is now, no thanks. Not worth the drama.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Dermonti Dawson
Carlton Haselrig
Greg Lloyd
Hardy Nickerson
Rod Woodson
Carnell Lake

These guys were all when at their best, top players in the NFL. It can easily be argued that the guys that did not make the HOF were HOF quality guys at their best.

Barry Foster
Yancey Thigpen
Eric Green
John Jackson
Joel Steed
Levon Kirkland
Darren Perry
Gary Anderson

These guys were all very good at their best. Cowher’s rosters had talent from the go in Pittsburgh. It just was young under Noll and needed to mature. Cowher had a good team from the start.

The offense that you quoted above was completely turned over from Cowher to Tomlin, save Ben. But Tomlin never rebuilt anything, right?

Tomlin has won with his own players. They have drafted HOF level guys during his tenure. He has been there over 15 years now. It is kind of hard to not win with your own players when being somewhere 15 years.

This is another move the goalposts argument. If you want to argue that he has lost with a lot of excellent offensive players, fine. But also note that he was the coach when they built the entire offense and that he did not have Brown and/or Bell a few times in the playoffs when those teams were at their best.
Would have been great to see what Cowher would have achieved with a great QB for a majority of his career.

Things would also be much different for Tomlin if Medenhall does not fumble and/or his left tackle doesn’t hold his block a split second longer on the deep ball to Wallace that was picked off and resulted in a 14 point swing in that game.

Then again, if James Harrison doesn’t abandon his responsibility and drop into coverage, we don’t have the 14 point swing vs the Cardinals either. Maybe it all evens out.

I guess what I’m saying is we can do this all day. But at the end of the day, all we have is the scoreboard and the stat sheet that’s in the record books.

Reactions: Parkview57
Would have been great to see what Cowher would have achieved with a great QB for a majority of his career.

Things would also be much different for Tomlin if Medenhall does not fumble and/or his left tackle doesn’t hold his block a split second longer on the deep ball to Wallace that was picked off and resulted in a 14 point swing in that game.

Then again, if James Harrison doesn’t abandon his responsibility and drop into coverage, we don’t have the 14 point swing vs the Cardinals either. Maybe it all evens out.

I guess what I’m saying is we can do this all day. But at the end of the day, all we have is the scoreboard and the stat sheet that’s in the record books.
You say this yet you are the one denying the stat sheet for the most part, so I am not sure what your point is.

Dermonti Dawson
Carlton Haselrig
Greg Lloyd
Hardy Nickerson
Rod Woodson
Carnell Lake

Barry Foster
Yancey Thigpen
Eric Green
John Jackson
Joel Steed
Levon Kirkland
Darren Perry
Gary Anderson

No, you seem to be moving the goalpost Chuckie.

Tomlin took over a roster led by a HOF QB entering his prime.
Troy HOF
Harrison HOF finalist
Hines HOF Finalist
Heath
Pouncey
Faneca HOF
Hampton All Pro
Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel
James Farrior
Larry Foote
It wasn't a bare cupboard now was it??

Tomlin’s stat sheet is very good. what do you want me to say? You say he’s a stud. You say he’s great. Are McCarthy and Payton great?
The argument is not McCarthy or Payton, it is Tomlin. You are deflecting off. How does Tomlin’s record and accomplishments compare with other coaches in the HOF? How good are his record and accomplishments in general?

Troy HOF
Harrison HOF finalist
Hines HOF Finalist
Heath
Pouncey
Faneca HOF
Hampton All Pro
James Farrior
Larry Foote
I never said Tomlin had a bare cupboard; once again, read the post. I said Cowher did not have one (a bare cupboard) when he took over. I also said Tomlin rebuilt a great offense.

Also, FWIW, Tomlin drafted Pouncey about 5 years after Cowher was gone. But, who cares about facts right? Just feelings matter.

No one ingests spin and propaganda like him.
Not sure it's spin or propaganda. I'm just not sure why it's so hard to accept that a coach can win a lot of games and still be a failure because his teams can't even sniff a championship. Wouldn't be so bad if a couple of his playoff wins weren't absolute gifts and some of his losses weren't epic failures. He's had several key players just walk out on him and just hires the next guy down the hall like his coaching tree is out there dominating the NFL.

Reactions: FireballZ

And if the stillers don’t have 3 turnovers Tomlin has 2 rings

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Not sure it's spin or propaganda. I'm just not sure why it's so hard to accept that a coach can win a lot of games and still be a failure because his teams can't even sniff a championship. Wouldn't be so bad if a couple of his playoff wins weren't absolute gifts and some of his losses weren't epic failures. He's had several key players just walk out on him and just hires the next guy down the hall like his coaching tree is out there dominating the NFL.
This is true.

The argument is not McCarthy or Payton, it is Tomlin. You are deflecting off. How does Tomlin’s record and accomplishments compare with other coaches in the HOF? How good are his record and accomplishments in general?
You’re making an argument about the HOF and yet most people agree with you. If Tomlin retired today most people have him in. But in this thread you labeled him/his career as excellent. My position is that words like that should be reserved for the very best who have ever done it. Excellent coaches are not mediocre over a long period of time. And if you label Tomlin as excellent, you better do it for guys like McCarthy and Payton, otherwise the word is meaningless. Obviously you aren’t required to do so, but I’d love for you to explain to me why you and others think Tomlin is at a higher level than guys like McCarthy and Payton. My guess is you won’t because it confirms that your thoughts betrayed you.

True. Dan Reeves was given 23 years. Chuck Knox, Don Shula and Jeff Fisher were given 22 years, Andy Reid and Marty Schottenheimer 21, Bud Grant 19, Marv Levy 17, Bill Cowher 14 and Chuck Noll 12.
Knox and Schottenheimer coached for how many different teams? Shula won three championships. Fisher was "mutually" fired after a dozen years. Grant won a championship and got to the championship game three more times. Levy, made it to four super bowls in his first eight seasons. Noll took a team that won one game to the Super Bowl in his sixth season and won four over then next six season. They just let him stick around too long. Cowher is the only one on that list that is comparable but he could at least win a playoff game against crummy teams every year.

It's not like Tomlin has over performed by any metric since they lost to the Packers in the SB. The playoff wins since then include beating Miami in freezing weather, Cincy handing a sure win over thanks to stupidity, and a decent win versus KC that took a late stop on a 2-point conversion to win. Three playoff wins since 2011. Same as Jacksonville who had one of their playoff wins against the Steelers in Tomlin's winningest season.

It's a great accomplishment but the payoff hasn't been there. They scored 18 points per game and might fire the OC to hire a guy that might get fired for averaging 18 points per game because he's one of Tomlin's guys.

That qb is why he won his ring
No question he was a huge part of it. The biggest difference though was that QB was good enough to help them win. If they needed a guy to make plays when it really mattered - he could do it. But, he wasn't a top 10 QB in 2004/2005 - not even close.

All the more impressive it makes Cowher's run, is he won at a really high level, got to the dance, couldn't win the big one but was doing it with very pedestrian QB's.

Tomlin had the finished product at QB surrounded by great talent and they still couldn't get it done when he had his team built - according to the "standard."

No question he was a huge part of it. The biggest difference though was that QB was good enough to help them win. If they needed a guy to make plays when it really mattered - he could do it. But, he wasn't a top 10 QB in 2004/2005 - not even close.

All the more impressive it makes Cowher's run, is he won at a really high level, got to the dance, couldn't win the big one but was doing it with very pedestrian QB's.

Tomlin had the finished product at QB surrounded by great talent and they still couldn't get it done when he had his team built - according to the "standard."
Cowher's main fault was that he was dumb enough to believe the myth that you could win with a running the ball, good D, controlling the clock with a game manager QB that can avoid mistakes, but when he'd fall behind in a playoff game and his Kordell or Tomczak where totally impotent at coming from behind. Actually, Tommy Maddox, as mediocre as he was in the long run, woke him up to the value of a QB that could win with his arm as needed- The 2002 playoff comeback vs Cleveland is a classic game. If you replay the 2005 AFC playoffs, 2nd year Ben, won the three games on the road against the AFC top 3 seeds mostly with passing in the first half when that wasn't expected of a Cowher team. People point to Ben's poor stats in Super Bowl XL, but they don't ever get there without Ben carrying them through the playoffs with his arm and a game saving tackle that saved Bettis from ending his career in embarrassment.

Cowher's main fault was that he was dumb enough to believe the myth that you could win with a running the ball, good D, controlling the clock with a game manager QB that can avoid mistakes, but when he'd fall behind in a playoff game and his Kordell or Tomczak where totally impotent at coming from behind.
You lost me at where you said he was "dumb."

I guess Bill Parcells was dumb in 1990 when he rode Otis Anderson and that defense to Super Bowl win.

I guess Brian Billick was dumb too back in 2000 back when he rode Jamal Lewis and that defense to a super bowl win.

I guess Chuck Noll was dumb too for his 1st 2 super bowls when we saw Rocky and Franco lead the team and lean on the defense..

I guess Joe Gibbs was dumb for riding John Riggins to a Super Bowl win. Theisman threw for 13 TD's that year.

You lost me at where you said he was "dumb."

I guess Bill Parcells was dumb in 1990 when he rode Otis Anderson and that defense to Super Bowl win.

I guess Brian Billick was dumb too back in 2000 back when he rode Jamal Lewis and that defense to a super bowl win.

I guess Chuck Noll was dumb too for his 1st 2 super bowls when we saw Rocky and Franco lead the team and lean on the defense..

I guess Joe Gibbs was dumb for riding John Riggins to a Super Bowl win. Theisman threw for 13 TD's that year.
COWHER WAS DUMB FOR YEARS, from his first year until he agreed to draft Ben, he totally undervalued the QB position, probably cost him another championship. Those championships you name where in a different time or an exception to the rule.

Troy HOF
Harrison HOF finalist
Hines HOF Finalist
Heath
Pouncey
Faneca HOF
Hampton All Pro
James Farrior
Larry Foote
@TheChair is absolutely moving goalposts and deflecting.

Let me ask this…how may coaches inherit a super bowl roster and a HOF QB in his prime?

Payton won 10.7 games per year
McCarthy has won 10.4 games per year
Tomlin has won 10.7 games per year.

Most coaches inherit bad teams and are tasked with building it and turning it around. For example, Payton inherited a 3-13 team and turned them around immediately.

So for Payton and McCarthy to essentially have the same record and success as Tomlin, is kind of a big deal. But somehow they aren’t excellent coaches while Tomlin is. Why???

Can someone name another coach who inherited a super bowl team and HOF QB in his prime? As Souf says, I’ll hang up and listen.

COWHER WAS DUMB FOR YEARS, from his first year until he agreed to draft Ben, he totally undervalued the QB position, probably cost him another championship. Those championships you name where in a different time or an exception to the rule.
Cowher began as a HC in 1992.

You don't think what Joe Gibbs was doing was relevant to him, the guy won 3 super bowls with 3 different QB's who weren't Pro Bowl Caliber players.. He did it during the golden era of QB's - Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, etc....?

How about what Parcells did to Bills' wide open K-Raid offense?

How about what Brian Billick did in 2000 with virtually no QB?

The game during Cowher's time was still very much a run dominant or at least 50/50 during the majority of tenure. All of my examples are relevant and weren't exception to the rule.

If only posters could be as dumb as Cowher, this board would be a better place.

Reactions: pittbb80
You’re making an argument about the HOF and yet most people agree with you. If Tomlin retired today most people have him in. But in this thread you labeled him/his career as excellent. My position is that words like that should be reserved for the very best who have ever done it. Excellent coaches are not mediocre over a long period of time. And if you label Tomlin as excellent, you better do it for guys like McCarthy and Payton, otherwise the word is meaningless. Obviously you aren’t required to do so, but I’d love for you to explain to me why you and others think Tomlin is at a higher level than guys like McCarthy and Payton. My guess is you won’t because it confirms that your thoughts betrayed you.
For starters, if you read any of the posts I have written here, I have never talked about McCarthy or Payton because the subject is Tomlin. They are mostly immaterial to any assessment of him. The question is Tomlin’s accomplishments. The other coaches are your deflection.

Regarding McCarthy and Payton, for starters, I think that Payton is excellent and McCarthy is very good. I think Payton has a better resume than McCarthy because he did more with less. Also, McCarthy was fired because he basically flamed out, which is very rare for a high level coach.

Both McCarthy and Payton had better QBs than Tomlin did. You will rarely find anyone credible that says Ben was a better player than either Rodgers or Brees. I don’t think anyone thinks Ben was better than Rodgers and maybe there are a few people that think he was better than Brees. Neither guy had to go through Tom Brady and Manning for the bulk of their coaching careers, but Tomlin did.

With Brady and Manning, it is not as much about the head to head over time but the playoff positioning. They both had some nicer opportunities with seeding because he did not have to deal with guys like that in his conference during the regular season.

Ben, by his nature, was solidly inconsistent relative to those guys. Tomlin had to navigate that, along with some personalities that neither Payton nor McCarthy had to deal with. But, he made it work. And, though people here try to discredit it, he never has really lost (which both Payton and McCarthy have).

Payton and McCarthy each have four losing seasons, with McCarthy getting capped for losing with a stacked roster. Tomlin has zero losing seasons. It does mean something though in Payton’s case, his teams were always competitive.

Was Tomlin ever the favorite to win the AFC? I doubt it. McCarthy was the favorite a good deal with Rodgers.

To your question of who I think is better, I think Tomlin and Payton are a class above McCarthy at this point but McCarthy is a really good coach that any team would be fortunate to have. Just like with Tomlin now, I would not be surprised if McCarthy has a great second chapter to his career. Kind of like Andy Reid.

You have a later thread where you ask who else inherited a HOF level QB near or in his prime. Here you go for relatively recent coaches (say the last 20 years):

Mike Tomlin
Tony Dungy
Jim Caldwell
Mike McCarthy
Norv Turner
Mike McCoy
Ben McAdoo

Last edited:
Can someone name another coach who inherited a super bowl team and HOF QB in his prime? As Souf says, I’ll hang up and listen.
George Siefert kind of comes close. He inherited Montana on the backside of his career and immediately won a SB. Then he had Steve Young and won another SB. He won 98 games in eight years and they didn't extend him because he couldn't beat the Cowboys and Packers.

I don't know what others have said in this thread, but I entered when you said that his career has been mediocre. Surely you feel that there is a tier of coach between mediocre and excellent, otherwise 98% of coaches are mediocre or bad, which pretty much defies the definition of mediocrity. If people are having conversations and can't agree on if you belong in the HOF or are 1 Super Bowl season away, then you obviously didn't have a mediocre career.

As for the discussion of current coaches that are talked about as HOF deserving, Tomlin, Peyton, and Carroll are almost universally placed in the same tier with McCarthy slightly below. The biggest difference is that Tomlin has less wart seasons.

-McCarthy was absolutely in those conversations until 3 straight losing seasons with 17 total wins and was fired (during his 2nd of those) pushed him down a tier. He's put together back-to-back 12-win seasons in Dallas, so he will be right back in those conversations (unless his kicker continues to miss extra points).

-Peyton is in the conversation, but has 4 losing seasons in 15. Sure it's only a 1-loss difference between his 7-9 seasons and Tomlin's 3 8-win seasons but a streak is a streak. You can't go 0-1 with 3 walks and keep chasing DiMaggio. Most importantly Peyton is, I believe, the only coach in NFL history to be suspended an entire season for his participation in the bounty program.

Reactions: TheChair
For starters, if you read any of the posts I have written here, I have never talked about McCarthy or Payton because the subject is Tomlin. They are mostly immaterial to any assessment of him. The question is Tomlin’s
accomplishments. The other coaches are your deflection.

Regarding McCarthy and Payton, for starters, I think that Payton is excellent and McCarthy is very good. I think Payton has a better resume than McCarthy because he did more with less. Also, McCarthy was fired because he basically flamed out, which is very rare for a high level coach.

Both McCarthy and Payton had better QBs than Tomlin did. You will rarely find anyone credible that says Ben was a better player than either Rodgers or Brees. I don’t think anyone thinks Ben was better than Rodgers and maybe there are a few people that think he was better than Brees. Neither guy had to go through Tom Brady and Manning for the bulk of their coaching careers, but Tomlin did.

With Brady and Manning, it is not as much about the head to head over time but the playoff positioning. They both had some nicer opportunities with seeding because he did not have to deal with guys like that in his conference during the regular season.

Ben, by his nature, was solidly inconsistent relative to those guys. Tomlin had to navigate that, along with some personalities that neither Payton nor McCarthy had to deal with. But, he made it work. And, though people here try to discredit it, he never has really lost (which both Payton and McCarthy have).

Payton and McCarthy each have four losing seasons, with McCarthy getting capped for losing with a stacked roster. Tomlin has zero losing seasons. It does mean something though in Payton’s case, his teams were always competitive.

Was Tomlin ever the favorite to win the AFC? I doubt it. McCarthy was the favorite a good deal with Rodgers.

To your question of who I think is better, I think Tomlin and Payton are a class above McCarthy at this point but McCarthy is a really good coach that any team would be fortunate to have. Just like with Tomlin now, I would not be surprised if McCarthy has a great second chapter to his career. Kind of like Andy Reid.

You have a later thread where you ask who else inherited a HOF level QB near or in his prime. Here you go for relatively recent coaches (say the last 20 years):

Mike Tomlin
Tony Dungy
Jim Caldwell
Mike McCarthy
Norv Turner
Mike McCoy
Ben McAdoo
Appreciate the response Chair because your opinions provide context to your opinion of Tomlin as an excellent coach. Given those guys are equivalent to Tomlin, it’s appropriate that you also rate them. Now when you say Tomlin is excellent, we know that you have a tendency to over inflate things. Can you do my next 5 performance reviews? ;).

As far as the last let if you’re post, what I asked was who has inherited a super bowl roster and a HOf QB in his prime. Payton hasn’t it. And I don’t think McCarthy did either. McCarthy took over 2 struggling franchises while Tomlin took over 0. So Tomlin’s record should Trump his and it doesn’t.

Now, I do credit Tomlin for taking over a super bowl team and winning. Not everyone can manage the egos as a new coach and do that. He did. He should be recognized for it. It’s just not as impressive as taking over a bad team and building it into a winner.

I don't know what others have said in this thread, but I entered when you said that his career has been mediocre. Surely you feel that there is a tier of coach between mediocre and excellent, otherwise 98% of coaches are mediocre or bad, which pretty much defies the definition of mediocrity. If people are having conversations and can't agree on if you belong in the HOF or are 1 Super Bowl season away, then you obviously didn't have a mediocre career.

As for the discussion of current coaches that are talked about as HOF deserving, Tomlin, Peyton, and Carroll are almost universally placed in the same tier with McCarthy slightly below. The biggest difference is that Tomlin has less wart seasons.

-McCarthy was absolutely in those conversations until 3 straight losing seasons with 17 total wins and was fired (during his 2nd of those) pushed him down a tier. He's put together back-to-back 12-win seasons in Dallas, so he will be right back in those conversations (unless his kicker continues to miss extra points).

-Peyton is in the conversation, but has 4 losing seasons in 15. Sure it's only a 1-loss difference between his 7-9 seasons and Tomlin's 3 8-win seasons but a streak is a streak. You can't go 0-1 with 3 walks and keep chasing DiMaggio. Most importantly Peyton is, I believe, the only coach in NFL history to be suspended an entire season for his participation in the bounty program.
I can’t digest your message right now, but I will say that I’ve never said Tomlin is mediocre. I did say that he has had plenty of Mediocre seasons. And that many mediocre seasons do not equate to overall excellence. I’ve always been a Tomlin guy. I just think at this point in time in his career, excellence or greatness has not been achieved. I’m hoping it will.

323078243_890772575677796_4288084885888549423_n.jpg

I know Rodgers sat the bench behind an aging Favre who had played terrible in the previous 2 years of Rodgers starting. But, this graphic shows Ben to be very much in the conversation with Rodgers.

Tomlin had to navigate that, along with some personalities that neither Payton nor McCarthy had to deal with.
Rodgers supposedly a nightmare for McCarthy.

As far as the last let if you’re post, what I asked was who has inherited a super bowl roster and a HOf QB in his prime. Payton hasn’t it. And I don’t think McCarthy did either. McCarthy took over 2 struggling franchises while Tomlin took over 0. So Tomlin’s record should Trump his and it doesn’t.
McCarthy didn't inherit a Super Bowl Roster? How many coaches inherit 2x HOF QBs with 7 combined NFL MVPs?

4-Playoffs in the 5 seasons before he took over with many of the same players most of them under 30.
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Donald Driver
Ahman Green
Charles Woodson
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
Nick Collins
Aaron Kampman
Nick Barnett
and the 5th pick in the draft thanks to their 1 bad season in a decade which they used on AJ Hawk

His 2nd year he lost in the NFC Championship Game in overtime with starters that were likely 80% inherited. Brett Favre threw at OT INT on their own 40 on the 2nd play of overtime.

323078243_890772575677796_4288084885888549423_n.jpg

I know Rodgers sat the bench behind an aging Favre who had played terrible in the previous 2 years of Rodgers starting. But, this graphic shows Ben to be very much in the conversation with Rodgers.

Rodgers supposedly a nightmare for McCarthy.
Now post their total NFL MVP awards.

Favre led the #2 offense in the NFL to 13-wins, completed 66.5% of his throws for over 4,000 yards, was 2nd team All-Pro, and was the only player other than Brady to receive an NFL MVP vote (1) the year before Rodgers took over.

Reactions: TheChair
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT