ADVERTISEMENT

B12 now wants remaining pac 4 schools

What took then so long? Seemed obvious for them to try that, and it's probably what will happen.

Reactions: Dan1911
prehistoric-asteroid-strike.jpg

They’ve always wanted Cal and Stanford lol. Those schools weren’t interested in the Big 12. Still not sure if they are.

Reactions: 303vND
Stanford in the same league with WVU and the like?

Stanford.....telling the ACC they will join for dog scraps

Is Stanford going to sully their reputation by joining the B12

Unless this is a tell that the ACC said no?

In a twisted sort of way, I hope the B12 gets Stanford and Cal. The thought of a bunch of Stanford and Cal grads showing up in Morgantown for a road trip is fabulous. Talk about culture clash.

Imagine the scene at the concession stand:

Stanford Grad: Yes good man I'll have a glass of your best puligny montrachet.

Concession Nazi: We have beer

Stanford Grad: Fine - I'll take an un-oaked Chardonnay if I must

Concession Nazi: No beer for you.

Cruzer

Stanford in the same league with WVU and the like?

Stanford.....telling the ACC they will join for dog scraps

Is Stanford going to sully their reputation by joining the B12

Unless this is a tell that the ACC said no?

At the end of the day, Stanford and Cal will need to evaluate the travel needs of playing in the ACC for all sports vs playing in the Big 12 against more regionally aligned opponents, and just dealing with CCWV. And they would probably get a better financial deal from the Big 12. Doesn't seem like a difficult choice for them.

The ACC dropped the ball when they didn't act quicky enough after USC and UCLA left. Soon to be the #4 conference.

A leak by PAC 4 schools to pressure ACC into accepting them.
XII has no interest in any of them. If they did, they would’ve been invited with 4 corner schools.

As if Stanford and Cal (which has zero value….Stanford has a little (this is all about football/hoops)), wouldn’t have pleaded XII to take them. Stanford won’t go independent. They aren’t ND. They don’t bring eyeballs. Iowa St likely brings more than those Bay Area schools in football.

They have no where to go. What is in it for the ACC Top? I get the appeal for the ACC Bottom (2 separate conferences and likely on borrowed time….unless ACC can get ND which might be possible down the line). It would be a mistake for XII to take them. They won’t.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Conferences are just taking teams now for no reason.
Look at the recruiting ranking for the Big 12 teams. They are garbage . Stanford and Cal are just more garbage.
It doesn't matter. The conference is very secure as the ACC will be finished lmao.

It doesn't matter. The conference is very secure as the ACC will be finished lmao.
FSU isn’t that big of a program. I know a lot of details regarding issues at FSU going back 15 years. Trust me when I say that big time programs didn’t have the issues that the school did at that time. It’s not what many think it is. Their board historically has been a disaster. They have a proud football history because of Bobby Bowden and are in good recruiting footprint. It’s not any of its neighbors though. (UF, UGA, Bama or even Auburn).

Here’s what people will think. They’ll say why would a coach possibly leave somewhere he had great success for somewhere else that is incredibly difficult to win. It has everything to do with commitment and organization. Will leave it at that.

The best ACC property is UNC….and it’s not particularly close.

XII has no interest in any of them. If they did, they would’ve been invited with 4 corner schools.

As if Stanford and Cal (which has zero value….Stanford has a little (this is all about football/hoops)), wouldn’t have pleaded XII to take them. Stanford won’t go independent. They aren’t ND. They don’t bring eyeballs. Iowa St likely brings more than those Bay Area schools in football.

They have no where to go. What is in it for the ACC Top? I get the appeal for the ACC Bottom (2 separate conferences and likely on borrowed time….unless ACC can get ND which might be possible down the line). It would be a mistake for XII to take them. They won’t.
They did pursue Cal and Stanford. Those schools weren’t interested.

big 12 is doing everything they can do to make sure they are #3 in the football conference race..

Yep...said this as soon as I heard it! Stanford and Cal ain't looking to go the Big12 and hang out with those cats.
The XII isn’t about to take them. Non interest. XII got what they wanted.

There was a reason why the 4 remainders were never discussed in realignment as the other 6.

• Haha
big 12 is doing everything they can do to make sure they are #3 in the football conference race..
That’s a done deal UNLESS

ACC can get Notre Dame. That’s definitely not off the table for a number of reasons. If that happens, then WVU would likely come to the ACC if an SEC invite hasn’t been extended.

Otherwise, no need for WVU to move. A conference with ND likely means that some of those upper tier ACC schools would remain in conference. Otherwise, it’s done.

Too many blue state/liberal/metro programs that don’t covet football. Please don’t think that I’m saying all of those programs are “blue” or “red”, politically.

I’m talking culturally.

• Haha

ACC can get Notre Dame. That’s definitely not off the table for a number of reasons. If that happens, then WVU would likely come to the ACC if an SEC invite hasn’t been extended.

Otherwise, no need for WVU to move. A conference with ND likely means that some of those upper tier ACC schools would remain in conference. Otherwise, it’s done.
If the ACC gets ND, then they aren’t adding WVU.

Reactions: Las Panteras

Too many blue state/liberal/metro programs that don’t covet football. Please don’t think that I’m saying all of those programs are “blue” or “red”, politically.

I’m talking culturally.
Are you drunk? WVU has no leverage to make any demands.

I’m talking culturally.
Wvu won’t come to acc nor do they want too, Pitt isn’t going to the big 12, nor do they want too

Notre dame isn’t joining any conference, nor do they want too.

Big 12 and acc are both in stable position til 2030, when the tv deal is up. Then we might see a dramatic change.

But the acc and big 12 are in decent shape thru the decade. Both are hell and gone from the sec and big 10 but we already knew that.

No reason to get into an acc vs big 12 pissing match.

Okay right!
Yeah. I’m sure you’re right. Cal and Stanford have been spurning opportunities at XII so that they can hope for an ACC invite or settle for a Mountain West invite.

I love how the narrative is that Calford hasn’t wished for the XII. Ha. They are losers in terms of football and men’s hoops. They don’t bring anything. Olympic sports don’t matter for the networks. Sorry but it’s true. They’d beg for an offer in a conference that is going to be stable for years to come. Instead, they want to travel even further and maybe be in a legitimate conference in 3 years. Ha

• Haha
Yeah. I’m sure you’re right. Cal and Stanford have been spurning opportunities at XII so that they can hope for an ACC invite or settle for a Mountain West invite.

I love how the narrative is that Calford hasn’t wished for the XII. Ha. They are losers in terms of football and men’s hoops. They don’t bring anything. Olympic sports don’t matter for the networks. Sorry but it’s true. They’d beg for an offer in a conference that is going to be stable for years to come. Instead, they want to travel even further and maybe be in a legitimate conference in 3 years. Ha
No…they have been spurning opportunities with the Big12 because they think that conferences reeks of beer, jerky and meth. They want no parts of the “cowboy culture”.

No…they have been spurning opportunities with the Big12 because the think that conferences reeks of beer, jerky and meth. They want no parts of the “cowboy culture”.
So instead they want to go to a conference that could potentially be dead in a few years (I’m not saying definitely….saying if certain things happen then it could be next PAC) or to another conference that reeks of beer, jerky, meth….but that makes about 15% of the other.

I’m not saying that Stanford and Cal’s ultimate preference is the XII. It’s most certainly not. It would be the B1G. And I’ll even give you a stable ACC because of the “fit”. I’m saying that right now their preference would be XII.

Last edited:
So instead they want to go to a conference that could potentially be dead in a few years (I’m not saying definitely….saying if certain things happen then it could be next PAC) or to another conference that reeks of beer, jerky, meth….but that makes about 15% of the other.
What do you think Whittingham is saying here? 🤔

What do you think Whittingham is saying here? 🤔
If you’re looking for a response from me based on that author, that Coach and just the ridiculousness that encompasses that entire article, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Heartland has been really bad. They’ve put out stuff that universally receives ridicule.

If you’re looking for a response from me based on that author, that Coach and just the ridiculousness that encompasses that entire article, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Heartland has been really bad. They’ve put out stuff that universally receives ridicule.
I understand completely. It’s not the kind of stuff you want to hear.

But it’s coming from a head coach who sounds very much like he’s now in a conference where he does not want to be. And of the eight schools that the Big 12 added, they are by far the best at this point in time.

Adding crap is no guarantee of future viability or stability. The loss of Texas and Oklahoma has not come close to being replaced just by adding numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT