ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Trotz resigns

New job? If so, his value will never be higher. If he’s retiring, best to go out on top.

Trotz signed a really bad deal, very underpaid for his resume and to go to a team like Washington and a crap salary bump for winning the Cup. I hope he has a new agent to negotiate his next contract.

Had the Caps not won the Cup he would would not have been renewed so the lack of confidence in Trotz among Caps management was not all that high entering the season. Obviously they caught fire and won it all which creates an awkward separation. You’d have to think the Isles will make a big play.

Had the Caps not won the Cup he would would not have been renewed so the lack of confidence in Trotz among Caps management was not all that high entering the season. Obviously they caught fire and won it all which creates an awkward separation. You’d have to think the Isles will make a big play.

The way NHL coaches are fired Calgary, Florida, Buffalo and Edmonton May all be in play too.

I would not touch the Islanders if I were him. They could lose their superstar center iceman, they don’t have an arena solution and won’t for at least a few more years, and their general manager is in his 70s.

If I were him I would consider Seattle. That would give him a couple years of complete stability to make a good living and build the team from scratch. And if he comes anywhere close to duplicating what happened in Vegas this past season - and with the expansion rules being what they are, that is absolutely achievable - then he would have a great opportunity to write his own ticket going forward.

He didn't age well... he looks like he should have retired a few years ago...

Before the CAPS?

th

After working for the CAPS?
bald-old-man-620x400.jpg

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT