ADVERTISEMENT

Bet yinz guys can't wait to eat here on gamedays

it was just an example, mr, super DVR fan. But if you think the local powers that be really care about Pitt, just see the reaction if Pitt ever tries to float the idea of a new Pitt stadium.
I don't know if they really care about Pitt? Do they? Do they have too? If they don't is it because they re evil Nitters? Do the care about CMU? RMU? Is it actually a big conspiracy by under cover Nitters?

And yeah, DVR is great! You get to watch all the games you can't see at the time they are played later! You should try it sometimes.

I don't know if they really care about Pitt? Do they? Do they have too? If they don't is it because they re evil Nitters? Do the care about CMU? RMU? Is it actually a big conspiracy by under cover Nitters?

And yeah, DVR is great! You get to watch all the games you can't see at the time they are played later! You should try it sometimes.

I don't care if they are PSU grads or card carrying taliban, the point is Pitt faces an adversarial relationship in their home city with local government and media. You don't see that in Columbus, Ohio, or State College PA. The reasons for this are varied and I don't feel like discussing further with you.

I don't care if they are PSU grads or card carrying taliban, the point is Pitt faces an adversarial relationship in their home city with local government and media. You don't see that in Columbus, Ohio, or State College PA. The reasons for this are varied and I don't feel like discussing further with you.
You're imagining this whole thing. The city is not against Pitt, and in those to places you mention, those schools, are those places major league pro sports teams, so of course they carry more clout. Also, Pitt is jammed into an old urban neighborhood, they just can't take priority over everything around them to the degree that you expect.

Those bike lanes are going in EVERYWHERE in the city. And it's STUPID to act like it's EVIL NITTERS with a purposeful agenda to hurt the Pitt campus, LMFAO.

I really appreciate your taking the incredible amount of time you are taking to lecture some of us about what is acceptable in terms of our feelings toward UPS. I'm happy that you have enough time on your hands to be the arbiter of what is acceptable in this vein. You have made me see the error of my ways. They (UPS fans) are a lovely group of people; they aren't the least bit arrogant or condescending, and they have always kept sports, especially football, in its proper perspective. Happy now?

I really appreciate your taking the incredible amount of time you are taking to lecture some of us about what is acceptable in terms of our feelings toward UPS. I'm happy that you have enough time on your hands to be the arbiter of what is acceptable in this vein. You have made me see the error of my ways. They (UPS fans) are a lovely group of people; they aren't the least bit arrogant or condescending, and they have always kept sports, especially football, in its proper perspective. Happy now?
I've never had any problem with them, they are people, in fact I don't primarily focus on what school someone attended. when I hang out with my Nitter and Hoopie friends, very often the schools we went to, or their sports teams NEVER COME UP at all. They're just regular people, like me. This thread it's bordering on the ridiculous, as if the Pittsburgh government and media are tools of UPS purposely undermining Pitt. LMFAO!

One of my best friends is a WVU grad, great guy, we hung out last weekend, had a few beers, went to a ball game, we where together 4-5 hours, I honestly believe the terms Pitt or WVU nor anything that applies to either institution came up the entire time.

The media bias is real, especially at the city's main great american newspaper. But its understandable when it employs as editors, writers mostly former psu and/or collegian interns compared to other 'local' schools.
Anything on urinator peeker in PG?
Spanier appeal denied? yeah, but they were only one to conveniently interject misdemeanor into headline of the AP release.
Again, a managing editor is a stater. Its not all imagined.

I didn't read the article, so that might negate this, but it should be great for Pitt fans to have a pizza place at the stadium that will have PSU and Paterno stuff on the walls.
I would suggest on Pitt game days, those signs are covered up like they cover the signs at PPG Paints Arena that are not NCAA sanctioned advertisers during the NCAA tournaments.

One of my best friends is a WVU grad, great guy, we hung out last weekend, had a few beers, went to a ball game, we where together 4-5 hours, I honestly believe the terms Pitt or WVU nor anything that applies to either institution came up the entire time.

you guys bang any of the soccer moms while you were drunk out of your skulls?

You tell me.... you seemed to be clued into these things or at least very interested in them.

The purpose of branch campuses is to provide educational opportunities for those living in underserved areas. Both Pitt and Penn State are fulfilling their mission in this regard.

In fact one proposal to help aid struggling schools in the PA system of higher education is to affiliate them with Pitt, Penn State or Temple. The University of Pittsburgh at Clarion anyone?

Reactions: Ski11585
Do all you people who spew venomous hate at all things Penn State, not have any friends or family that are Nitters? Being from PA, even Western PA it would have to be almost impossible. Or do you actually not associate with good, normal people just because they are Nitters? the joking and rivalry are one thing, but seriously thinking all these people are evil is basically psychotic.

I think it is just like politics. You spew hatred in message boards, talk shows, social media towards each other, yet many of these same people not only have friends from both sides of the aisle in many cases relatives and even spouses and siblings.

The media bias is real, especially at the city's main great american newspaper. But its understandable when it employs as editors, writers mostly former psu and/or collegian interns compared to other 'local' schools.
Anything on urinator peeker in PG?
Spanier appeal denied? yeah, but they were only one to conveniently interject misdemeanor into headline of the AP release.
Again, a managing editor is a stater. Its not all imagined.

And that paper is about to become a part time paper.

I think it is just like politics. You spew hatred in message boards, talk shows, social media towards each other, yet many of these same people not only have friends from both sides of the aisle in many cases relatives and even spouses and siblings.
I have a lot of WVU relatives/friends. I miss that series so much because of the joint tailgate parties we'd have, was usually maybe 8-10 people, half WVU/half Pitt. I have these group pictures from those games with everyone in their gear having a great time TOGETHER.

Truth is, 90% of Pitt fans might just say, I want some pizza now and just eat there, and never think anything of JoePa, Sandusky, Franco, "The Nitters Cult"... just getting some pizza... THE END.

Truth is, 90% of Pitt fans might just say, I want some pizza now and just eat there, and never think anything of JoePa, Sandusky, Franco, "The Nitters Cult"... just getting some pizza... THE END.

Depends on the decor. I assume it will be mostly Steelers or Italian, and if it is I would say you are right. If there are Penn State items in there, it better be no more than his Jersey, if there is a lot of Penn St gear, Pitt fans will stay away. It is one thing to be a Pitt fan and go to a bar/restaurant that is Penn St Decor in State College area. It is another thing to do so not just in Pittsburgh, but in the Stadium we call home.

Depends on the decor. I assume it will be mostly Steelers or Italian, and if it is I would say you are right. If there are Penn State items in there, it better be no more than his Jersey, if there is a lot of Penn St gear, Pitt fans will stay away. It is one thing to be a Pitt fan and go to a bar/restaurant that is Penn St Decor in State College area. It is another thing to do so not just in Pittsburgh, but in the Stadium we call home.
It will be interesting to see when the first game day comes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT