ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim and Pitt

Piranha

Athletic Director
Jul 31, 2001
It makes u wonder why Boeheim did not press Pitt more. It worked great against us at the end of the ACC tournament. He actually backed off at the very end for whatever reason. It turned things around against UVA last night. There were numerous times over the years that he could have disrupted our momentum instead of sitting back in a 2-3.

It makes u wonder why Boeheim did not press Pitt more. It worked great against us at the end of the ACC tournament. He actually backed off at the very end for whatever reason. It turned things around against UVA last night. There were numerous times over the years that he could have disrupted our momentum instead of sitting back in a 2-3.
Senior moment?? Or stubborn?

that goes for any team, this James Robinson led team did not handle full court pressure well. I remember UNC storming back against Pitt in the ACC tourney with the full court press. And of course Louisville terrorizes Pitt with their full court press.

But the Cuse only resorts to full court press when down by a significant margin, or they are losing at the end of the game. I do remember a game at Syracuse either last year or 2 years ago where they were pressing Pitt at the end of the game, and Robinson traveled in the backcourt and the refs missed it. And Pitt ended up winning.

I don't think Syracuse is deep enough to play that type of defense for an extended period of time

He's not a great coach, that's why he pulled back. Any good coach turns the screw and forces Pitt to play that way.

His 5 star talent has shown it in the tournament. Talent wins over coaching, no question about it. Living near Trenton I saw Malachi Richardson a bit in high school, and he's really grown up.

Speaking of Syracuse etc... I would guess they are the first final four team in history to have lost three games to the same team in a year.

Reactions: fitzburgh
Speaking of Syracuse etc... I would guess they are the first final four team in history to have lost three games to the same team in a year.

Certainly the first to lose three times to a mid table, first round choke job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT