ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim has to sit out first 9 ACC games next year

Given Dixon's track record with Boeheim on the SU bench, do we hope SU plays Pitt AFTER he returns?

Where/how did they come up with the magic number 9?

I'm not saying 'Cuse doesn't deserve sanctions. There is no excuse for playing ineligible kids, falsifying grades or drug tests but the NCAA is setting up a very interesting precedent here.

UNC has a WORSE academic cheating scandal and is basically a repeat offender with it since the football team got a slap on the wrist for it just a few years back. They now MUST hit UNC at least as hard as they hit Syracuse and really, should hit them harder.

It's also interesting that they hit hard on academic violations when it us obvious that do many schools openly cheat on recruiting violations, which to me are more serious infractions. In that respect, there have rarely been any whispers on Boeheim.

If, no actually when, Kentucky and Cal slip up and get caught, are they going to jump on them too? Or will they treat KY like they ultimately did PSU. Too big to fail?

Originally posted by Harve74:
I'm not saying 'Cuse doesn't deserve sanctions. There is no excuse for playing ineligible kids, falsifying grades or drug tests but the NCAA is setting up a very interesting precedent here.

UNC has a WORSE academic cheating scandal and is basically a repeat offender with it since the football team got a slap on the wrist for it just a few years back. They now MUST hit UNC at least as hard as they hit Syracuse and really, should hit them harder.

It's also interesting that they hit hard on academic violations when it us obvious that do many schools openly cheat on recruiting violations, which to me are more serious infractions. In that respect, there have rarely been any whispers on Boeheim.

If, no actually when, Kentucky and Cal slip up and get caught, are they going to jump on them too? Or will they treat KY like they ultimately did PSU. Too big to fail?
Harve,
Your UK comment reminds me of what the Tark said. "The NCAA will be so mad at Kentucky that they'll put Cleveland State on probation".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT