ADVERTISEMENT

Boykins/George

pittjas

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2016
Pittsburgh
Those are the only 2 players who I don't understand why we took last year.

Boykins is an RS Sr and played D1 basketball and he looks LOST out there. I mean almost like a guard version of Peace. But at least Peace is 6'11 athletic and has potential.

Samson George makes even less sense. At least Boykins was grad transfer so it's only 1 year either way, but why did we sign George?? He's so far from being a player that can play at this level, and he doesn't even seem to bring any one skill. And he doesn't seem to be able to project either.

With some of the other guys like Peace or Brown, you might not think they will turn out good but you at least see glimmers of hope. Brown's hook shot or occasional dunk, Peace's defense today, etc.

Boykins/George look truly outclassed even against the worst teams in D1.

Those are the only 2 players who I don't understand why we took last year.

Boykins is an RS Sr and played D1 basketball and he looks LOST out there. I mean almost like a guard version of Peace. But at least Peace is 6'11 athletic and has potential.

Samson George makes even less sense. At least Boykins was grad transfer so it's only 1 year either way, but why did we sign George?? He's so far from being a player that can play at this level, and he doesn't even seem to bring any one skill. And he doesn't seem to be able to project either.

With some of the other guys like Peace or Brown, you might not think they will turn out good but you at least see glimmers of hope. Brown's hook shot or occasional dunk, Peace's defense today, etc.

Boykins/George look truly outclassed even against the worst teams in D1.
I will give you Boykins looks horrid.

George has played extremely limited minutes. In that extremely limited amount of time, I have not seen him shoot air balls, throw careless passes, lose his man completely on defense, have rebounds bounce off his head or trip over his own feet.

What have you seen that is so bad?

I will give you Boykins looks horrid.

George has played extremely limited minutes. In that extremely limited amount of time, I have not seen him shoot air balls, throw careless passes, lose his man completely on defense, have rebounds bounce off his head or trip over his own feet.

What have you seen that is so bad?

Boykins is worse in my opinion, which you agree with. I just can't believe he looks so bad after 4 years of d1 basketball. I just don't get what they saw.

In George, maybe I was lumping him in too much with Boykins, but I don't know the whole thing just never made sense to me. And if you can't get any minutes on this team, when are you going to get minutes?? Just seemed like it would've been better to have the open ship.

Boykins is worse in my opinion, which you agree with. I just can't believe he looks so bad after 4 years of d1 basketball. I just don't get what they saw.

In George, maybe I was lumping him in too much with Boykins, but I don't know the whole thing just never made sense to me. And if you can't get any minutes on this team, when are you going to get minutes?? Just seemed like it would've been better to have the open ship.

In Boykins they probably saw a D1 practice body for a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT