ADVERTISEMENT

Brown Haters

didn't he block a shot with 1 second to go? Not sure if that would have counted but im glad Brown blocked it regardless..

It was after the buzzer, but he did block it. In real time, I thought the FSU player got the shot off, but he didn't. It's good to know Brown was there if he did get it off.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I have been as tough on Brown as anyone so its only fair I post here. He was really good tonight. Most importantly, he didn't have any drops even in situations where I was thinking "no, dont throw it to him there." His athleticism doesn't really look improved but if he can continue to catch passes and finish or get fouled, that will be a massive help. I'm not ready to admit I was wrong about him because its one game but I hope I am.
APOLOGIZE TO BROWN You weren't tought. You out and out slandered and belittled him. APLOGIZE

Where you guys at??? I defended him all offseason saying he’d be better than most freshmen we could get. He’s played very well!!!
LOL. I dunno, but I have been a major supporter from the get. You can see the kid has talent. He is coordinated, he has decent athleticism, he just seemed to lack aggressiveness and focus. I blamed alot of his inconsistencies in the fact that not only was he raw, he had no one in practice to push him and help him develop. But some of the people on these forums who just trashed him have no clue.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/brown-haters.159669/page-2

That's a pretty reasonable explanation. I agree with what you said about his
"athleticism." However, it was always about his "motor." In fact it was Capel
who last year first used the word "motor" as in lacking, when he was describing
Brown's play.
Good to see you admit your criticism and now posting that you
"hope" you're "wrong." Not everyone would man up and do that.

I feel like Kene probably pushed him in practice. Seems like he’s a hard worker so him constantly working harder then brown would make brown work harder

LOL. I dunno, but I have been a major supporter from the get. You can see the kid has talent. He is coordinated, he has decent athleticism, he just seemed to lack aggressiveness and focus. I blamed alot of his inconsistencies in the fact that not only was he raw, he had no one in practice to push him and help him develop. But some of the people on these forums who just trashed him have no clue.

That lack of "aggressiveness" has been described by Capel as a "motor" that
is sometimes lacking. That IMO, is what frustrates posters the most when
they watch Brown perform. I agree with what you're saying about his being
"raw" and having "no one to push him and help him develop." Trashing a
college age player who seems to be a very good team player, and a fine
representative to the team and the university is wrong.
Criticism of his play by posters is ok .....(ex) he has trouble catching and
holding on to a pass is fine. Trashing is not.

Here’s a funny thing ...

On the play where he got the finish with ball rolling around the rim, if he’s a quicker and stronger finisher, he slams that without even getting fouled I suspect.

But this isn’t to be critical of TB. He made the plays needed to win! This can’t be underestimated. If he can be more consistent than last year, he’s absolutely serviceable.

The majority of bigs actually are not even that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT