ADVERTISEMENT

Build Pitt Stadium on Campis

burrheadman

Freshman
Jun 25, 2001
Put the field on top of the hill where the cost center and the baseball and soccer fields are at.

There is already something there. It's called the Cost Center and there is a baseball field there also.

If you donate the first $200,000,000

Maybe someone will listen to you. Maybe.

It,s really easy to spend money that,s not yours, isn't it.

I don't think WVU offers an associate degree,

but he would fit right in on the WVU Rivals board. Damn, some of those people are dumb.

By the way, congratulations on the big win over Notre Dame.

Artie chirping again about Pgh Super Bowl this week

Ain't gonna happen in Heinz

70k seats . Too small
New palaces in Minny, Atl, and probably LA coming on board
No assurances NFL will go outdoors "open " again in the cold is there .?

Also Artie says a second practice field needed

Jmo but all this pointing to stillers out of Heinz ans Souside in about 10

Pitt can manage operate and change both facilities as it decides....put some class rooms in each and then it is on campus...
Not muc h different from the Dreamweavers who ultimately end up in the hollow or across the river when it finally dawns on them Oakland will not hold a new fb stadium

In their lifetime anyway

This post was edited on 2/1 10:02 AM by paulbl99

Re: Your spelling and grammar

Originally posted by FattCatt:
Your spelling and grammar qualify you for a WVU associate degree.
Good to see deep thinkers on the board.
lol dude says he wants an on campus stadium, and you respond with grammar and spelling mistakes that have become pretty commonplace in an area of tiny cellphone keyboards and peculiar auto-correct results.
Amazing.

Just a thought if the cost center and the upper parking lot are removed is there enough room to design a 45k 50k
stadium to Oakland? I was also thing of incorporating the parking under the design of the stadium. Also maybe
businesses around the outside rim of the stadium.

Reactions: PittMiamiRivalry
Wait, we just tore down the projects and built those facilities, and you want to tear em down? There are better places to build a stadium in Oakland..

Originally posted by Pghfan:

Wait, we just tore down the projects and built those facilities, and you want to tear em down? There are better places to build a stadium in Oakland..
Where ?

Re: What a sucky site. BLECK (nm)

I think this guy is trying to tick people off. No one can be that dumb.

Prior to this construction, I always thought Pitt should buy out the ghetto/projects and build a stadium there.. Well they accomplished the first part. I like the ballparks though, haven't been to a game there yet but driven by it a lot and it looks really nice. Not sure if it was mandatory to get into the ACC but a real nice boost for our baseball, soccer, and softball programs..

regarding the other posters asking where? Man, I don't know. we've all read the million of threads here with suggestions, from Panther Hollow to taking down the cost center and everywhere in between. All good ideas til Paco comes on here and tells us that the land is owned by some family that has designated it a park for the next 500 years or any building in Oakland is actually a National Historic landmark and thus, must remain an eyesore til it decays on it's own.

If Pitt really wanted it to happen, they can find a way.. Obviously not a priority right now but Pitt will play on campus eventually. Eventually could mean decades though..
This post was edited on 2/1 6:22 PM by Pghfan

Originally posted by burrheadman:
Pitt58, I don't live in Pittsburgh. I was just asking a question.
burrheadman, those fields are relatively new, very nice facilities.. All stadium speculation talk is crazy, but that is foolish and crazy. Was a great location but once those ballfields went up, well that was that. Oakland is tough, 30 hospitals and hills, with some rivers.. Not easy to just build a stadium. IDeas are floated out regularly though.. Throw in the fact that Pittsburghers need at least 4 major highways going directly into the stadium to avoid any (God Forbid) traffic because you know how terrible that would be.. Also the need for at least 35 square miles of parking lots or else it would be a catastrophe..

And don't even get me started on the urinals.. New stadium better have individual urinals and not those troughs, we don't like dudes staring at our junk while we take a leak.

This post was edited on 2/1 4:35 PM by Pghfan

I'll ask again ....how is Panther Hollow that much better than Heinz?

Is it true we can't finish a venue for track and field or is this misinformation?
Is it true we can't secure a quarter of a city block to connect the Cathedral with the Student Union...or is this misinformation???

But we can tear down scores of buildings and meld into Pitt's domain block after block of city streets and sidewalks...
Or build highways from the Parkway into the Hollow...

Seriously would somebody 'splain this...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT