ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Doleman

If you wanna go deeper.... ED "BOZO" BOZIK

My animosity for that guy will never cease. He runs off Sherrill and hires Foge with no national search committee to find the right coach...
With guys like Jimmy Johnson and George Welsh looking for new challenges, with Welsh wanting the job per Beano Cook stating years later, a pretty deplorable job by Bozik. Not all Bozik’s fault. Pitt wanted out of what needed done to sustain big-time football and thought Foge could keep it going Posvar’s new way.

It could have worked better though if Congemi was a more capable QB. Dude was underwhelming to say the least. So many close losses between 1983-85 and the guy couldn’t ring the cash register enough.

With guys like Jimmy Johnson and George Welsh looking for new challenges, with Welsh wanting the job per Beano Cook stating years later, a pretty deplorable job by Bozik. Not all Bozik’s fault. Pitt wanted out of what needed done to sustain big-time football and thought Foge could keep it going Posvar’s new way.

It could have worked better though if Congemi was a more capable QB. Dude was underwhelming to say the least. So many close losses between 1983-85 and the guy couldn’t ring the cash register enough.
I have graduate degrees from UVa. George Welsh saved UVa football. He would have won multiple NC at Pitt

Foge Fazio
objectively speaking, the worst HC hire at Pitt in last 50 years. And that’s truly saying something. He took a stacked powerhouse and drove it off a cliff.

Rehiring majors is tough to beat with coaching blunders but it’s a debate.

I'd rather have Fazio than Hackett.

At least with Foge there is a chance Pitt will be in the game late only to see a player not come through when the opportunity is there. With Hackett, we're down 28 in the fourth and he is all excited he can keep throwing to pad the stats so he can think he has the most creative offensive mind on the planet.

God did I hate his look.

Reactions: TFBaum
I'd rather have Fazio than Hackett.

At least with Foge there is a chance Pitt will be in the game late only to see a player not come through when the opportunity is there. With Hackett, we're down 28 in the fourth and he is all excited he can keep throwing to pad the stats so he can think he has the most creative offensive mind on the planet.

God did I hate his look.
Forge could recruit.

Also Jim Sweeney, Bill Maas, Tom Flynn. They would be the star players on most Pitt teams of the last 35 years but those years they were overshadowed by such star power it is almost unimaginable one team had it.
Unless you’re an Alabama or Ohio State fan. That’s like every year for them these days.

USC hired Hackett. What were they thinking?
The eggheads probably thought that their shit didn't stink just like Pitt did (We are USC, an elite institution of higher learning with an elite athletic program..... we do not need to roll around in the mud like other schools to win football games. We can win with any old coach as long as the team wears the USC emblem with pride!). And just like Pitt, they were very wrong. Unlike Pitt however, their shit smells like Roses in comparison. They overcame their mistake.

Last edited:
The eggheads probably thought that their shit didn't stink just like Pitt did (We are USC, an elite institution of higher learning with an elite academic program.....
Elite? They ain't Stanford. They ain't UCLA (or UC anything, for that matter). You're right about the think-don't-stink attitude, though. I guess they've managed to actually go a couple of months without a new scandal.

Elite? They ain't Stanford. They ain't UCLA (or UC anything, for that matter). You're right about the think-don't-stink attitude, though. I guess they've managed to actually go a couple of months without a new scandal.
I wrote academic and meant athletic! You burned me on that one! I will go back and fix it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT