ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Court GLARE

Zaratoughda

Redshirt
Nov 12, 2009
Yeah... don't know if this one is crazy or not but...

This year Clemson is playing their home games in Greenville while their home court is being refurbished.

And, I was watching the replay of their game against Miami and... don't know if it was the TV cameras or not but... the GLARE on that court seemed to be really high... and in fact almost felt that even the announcers were having a problem with it.

And, there is the matter of Clemson having beaten Ville, Duke and Miami on their 'home court' three games in a row.

So, I was thinking.... maybe THAT is the reason. Their opponents are getting partially BLINDED by the GLARE on that court... and missing shots they normally would hit... while the Clemson players... have gotten used to it.

This may seem crazy but... how about YOU explain it. We are averaging 81 PPG while Clemson is just at 69... and watching them play defensively.... doesn't seem to be anything outstanding like a major shot blocker at C.

Guess we get to see for ourselves tonight.

This year Clemson is playing their home games in Greenville while their home court is being refurbished.

And, I was watching the replay of their game against Miami and... don't know if it was the TV cameras or not but... the GLARE on that court seemed to be really high... and in fact almost felt that even the announcers were having a problem with it.

And, there is the matter of Clemson having beaten Ville, Duke and Miami on their 'home court' three games in a row.

So, I was thinking.... maybe THAT is the reason. Their opponents are getting partially BLINDED by the GLARE on that court... and missing shots they normally would hit... while the Clemson players... have gotten used to it.

This may seem crazy but... how about YOU explain it. We are averaging 81 PPG while Clemson is just at 69... and watching them play defensively.... doesn't seem to be anything outstanding like a major shot blocker at C.

Glare is glare. If someone has blinding light in their eyes, you don't get used to that, you avert your eyes, or wear shades. I just don't understand the reasoning. If she shine bright lights at our players all week, would that be a way to prepare?

ohhh, that explains the eye black the Tigers have been sporting.....

594px-Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png

I don't know about glare, but that game made me nauseous to watch on many levels. From a true visual perspective, the camera angles were from bizarre positions and the orange rims blended right in with the orange Clemson baseline paint. This is a game that I hope to quickly forget across the board.

I don't know about glare, but that game made me nauseous to watch on many levels. From a true visual perspective, the camera angles were from bizarre positions and the orange rims blended right in with the orange Clemson baseline paint. This is a game that I hope to quickly forget across the board.
I agree..Am I the only one? Or dose anyone else think ACC tv production sucks? They miss live action for replays? This has gone on the last three years, but is even worse this year.I have news for them...No REPLAY is worth missing live game action...Even if it's just a free throw.If you don't have the time don't show the replay at that time.Wait til a break to do it if need be..

I saw no glare but the arena seemed a bit darker than most....Maybe we were all blinded by the light...lol

Yeah... didn't see any myself.... must have been the ACC TV production for the Miami game.

We were 'easy pickings' for Clemson compared to their home games against Ville, Duke and Miami.

We were in the game until Dixon sent ALL OF HIS BENCH OUT THERE and then we dug a hole from which we never recovered.

He should be 'proud' of himself... another beaut and he has been doing this all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT