ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Championships Thread

Part of me hopes FSU wins and gets left out just to observe their meltdown. They were meddling in the ACC trying to improve, so f em.

I don’t see how they leave out both Georgia and Bama…even if FSU wins. That would be wild!

For chaos sake I would like to see Alabama win and no SEC team in the final 4. The SEC Nation will go absolutely ape$hit. Can you imagine Paul Finebaum's show? It would be must listen radio.

For chaos sake I would like to see Alabama win and no SEC team in the final 4. The SEC Nation will go absolutely ape$hit. Can you imagine Paul Finebaum's show? It would be must listen radio.

Or what if Michigan loses and the the BIG gets shutout and the SEC gets two teams in. Will be a fun meltdown to see.

How do you put Alabama in the playoffs over Texas when Texas beat them in Tuscaloosa? This is why college football needs a 16 team playoff. Let the teams play for a championship instead of having it be determined by a popularity contest.
As I've seen pointed out this week, it's an invitational. They can put in whoever they want for whatever reason they want. They'll have a tough time keeping out the SEC Champion who just knocked off the back-to-back National Champions. Best win for any team this season.

As I've seen pointed out this week, it's an invitational. They can put in whoever they want for whatever reason they want. They'll have a tough time keeping out the SEC Champion who just knocked off the back-to-back National Champions. Best win for any team this season.
Simply put, no, the best win has to be Texas over Bama in Tuscaloosa. Results on the field matter.

Full disclosure I have a ticket on Texas at 16-1, but I’m a half glass empty guy so am internally discounting their chances of getting in.

Thinking in the end Louisville wins tonight and ends a lot of the controversy. That would give us:

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Texas
4) Alabama

Georgia and Ohio St would be #5 and #6, and I don’t think there would be a huge groundswell of support for either of those two, although there will be a few saying Georgia should get in over Texas.

I like how a good number of media are already lobbying for Bama even if FSU wins.

Yeah, the ACC conference is considered a negative but with a win, FSU ends up 3-0 against the BCS top 25, one of those being the SEC’s LSU. Throw in another win over an SEC middle of the pack team. Plus a 0 in the loss column has to account for something.

I like how a good number of media are already lobbying for Bama even if FSU wins.

Yeah, the ACC conference is considered a negative but with a win, FSU ends up 3-0 against the BCS top 25, one of those being the SEC’s LSU. Throw in another win over an SEC middle of the pack team. Plus a 0 in the loss column has to account for something.
I think beating Louisville would only give them 2 wins over playoff-ranked teams.

How do you put Alabama in the playoffs over Texas when Texas beat them in Tuscaloosa? This is why college football needs a 16 team playoff. Let the teams play for a championship instead of having it be determined by a popularity contest.
Bama has the best win over #1 and the second best loss to #5 b12 champ Texas. Georgia has second best loss to number 3 Bama and will get a chance for three peat for tv ratings. Texas has worst loss of bunch. I would also go Bama and Texas in over FSU, but could see them doing two SEC.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Believe it or not Iowa’s team total for the 1st half opened up at .5, team total for entire game was 6.5. I can say with absolute certainty I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Nope. Alabama over Georgia tonight was the better win.

The only way that makes any sense is if you still think that Georgia is not only better than Alabama, but they are better than Alabama by a lot. If you think that game showed that Alabama was better, or it was even close, then Texas beating Alabama at Alabama is obviously a better win. Beating a better team on the road is better than beating a lesser team on a neutral field.

The only way that makes any sense is if you still think that Georgia is not only better than Alabama, but they are better than Alabama by a lot. If you think that game showed that Alabama was better, or it was even close, then Texas beating Alabama at Alabama is obviously a better win. Beating a better team on the road is better than beating a lesser team on a neutral field.
The way I look at it, if you’re that impressed with Bama beating UGA on a neutral field, you have to be more impressed with Texas beating Bama on their field.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
One way that makes sense is recognizing that Alabama was a far better team today than it was in September.

One way that makes sense is recognizing that Alabama was a far better team today than it was in September.

They almost certainly are.

Of course almost every football team is better in November than they are in September. And yet the September games still count the same.

They almost certainly are.

Of course almost every football team is better in November than they are in September. And yet the September games still count the same.
Not in most years. An early loss has been less important to rankings than a late loss.

It's almost like it's all made up and 13 people pick their 4 favorite teams arbitrarily.

Pretty much. It's an impossible task, honestly. They usually luck out to a point where things play out in a way that doesn't produce a ton of backlash. This season seems to be different.

It's almost like it's all made up and 13 people pick their 4 favorite teams arbitrarily.
Exactly, it is the most absurd way to crown a champion. No real criteria, just a group of people in a room subjectively picking who they think is better based on nothing other than their opinion.

It is certainly true that what is the most important one year is not necessarily the most important the next year.

For example, in some years late losses did hurt more than early ones. In other years late losses didn't matter at all.

But they still all count the same on your record. And the one thing that has been consistent is that an undefeated P5 has never missed the playoff in favor of a one or two loss team, and a one loss P5 has never been passed over for a two loss team. Because losses have always mattered, no matter when they occur.

It isn't when, it's how many.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT